“Slim Pickens”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Ashland
Wilmington, NC
“Slim Pickens”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

When visiting Ashland the hotel choices are pretty slim. Stayed here for lack of choices. The rooms are clean but smell musty especially the bathroom. The staff is friendly and helped me when with a problem with my reservation. Not sure how old this property is but it could use some updating.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
asxoh, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ashland, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that you found the room to be clean and the staff to be helpful. Sorry to hear that there was a musty smell. We have recently done some major updates. I will make sure we look into the smell you mentioned.
We truly appreciate your review and hope you will visit again when you are in the area.
Jennifer Starcher- Front Office Manager HIE-Ashland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bluefield, Virginia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Best choice for hotel in rural area. I was visiting for a writing conference and didn't want the campus accommodations. I went in a day earlier to get some work done and I found the room and hotel pleasant and quiet. Also clean and very comfortable. I will stay again when I return for the conference next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ashland, Ohio
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This is great HIE in Ashland ohio, I have stayed a number of times for work and the place is clean, quite and friendly. Exactly what I need. The breakfast is always fresh you don't get the feeling that they take food and leave it out for hours on end, and the location is convenient to the I 71

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
asxoh, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ashland, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Wow. Thank you so much for the great review! We truly appreciate it. We will make sure to keep up the great work.
Sylvania, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Friendly and competent staff (Cassandra); made great local recommendations and assisted with room selection on busy weekend.

Close to expressway and restaurants.

Would stay at this hotel again when in the area.

fch

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
asxoh, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ashland, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
A big thank you for the kind words you have shared. Cass is great and I am so happy to hear that she was able to assist you in restaurant selection. We cannot wait until your next visit with us!
Livingston, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We arrived late at night on our first night in Ashland, and the staff had us checked in quickly, The beds were heavenly, and the hotel was clean and up-to-date. The complimentary breakfast was good and had bacon, sausage, biscuits, and gravy. We will stay here again when in Ashland.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
This is so great to hear. Thank you for taking time to let us know that your stay was great. We hope you will come back to visit us on your next journey.
Hopton
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stopped at this hotel while driving from New York to Tennessee. The room was very clean and comfortable. The front desk was very friendly and helpful with directions to a restaurant for dinner.The included breakfast was very nice with good hot choices. I would stay here again although it was pretty pricey with a one night stay at $153.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JM P
Oak Lawn
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel over a four year period at least twenty times at an $89 rate. Because I booked thru you I was chargedv $220 dollars for 1 nite. What a RIPOFF! I would NEVER recommend using your service!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ashland, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Mary P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the rates. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Hampton Inn & Suites Ashland
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 15 in Mansfield
Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center
Best Western Richland Inn-Mansfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Ashland? Share your experiences!