“Great B&B in Ashland”
Review of College House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
College House B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Ashland B&B and Inns
Strasburg, Ohio
“Great B&B in Ashland”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Traveling to Ashland for our daughters graduation. Because we are innkeepers ourselves we stay at B&B's whenever possible. We understand the amount of work it takes to run a top notch B&B. Kathy has a fantastic B&b in the heart of Ashland, convenient to everything. Kathy and her boys make you feel right at home. The Music room is very tastefully decorated and comfortable. My husband and I slept soundly in this lovely home. Breakfast was hot and delicious and the coffee was great. When traveling in the area be sure to stay at the College House B&B you will be pleased with your room, breakfast and friendliness that you encounter.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Natalie C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
softball11111
Reviewed 22 April 2012

In Ashland to play softball with our daughters high school team. The team was staying in Mansfield in Hotel. My husband and I wanted to stay in Ashland so we searched and the only place we were ok with staying was a Bed and Breakfast we chose College House and boy was it the best decision ever. We travel a lot with softball baseball with our children all year long. This was the absolute best place to stay ever. You will not be sorry if you chose to stay here. The Inn KEeper makes you feel like this is your house you have the freedom to just relax where ever you want. Homemade brownines when we got there and the best ever breakfast.... Met some of the nicest people from Chicago and ate breakfast with them.. We almost decided to stay another night eventhough the games were over just because it was so great, but we had to get home. But we will for sure stay here again if ever in Ashland Ohio again. Very cute town too local shopping was very nice. Locally made things in the shops downtown. FOOD was great everywhere we went.

Room Tip: Sorry there was not a fittness room cant get it to go away...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I was finishing a 2 week driving vacation and wasn't sure where I would end up the night before I was due back home. I called for a reservation from the road that day and Kathy very graciously made arrangements for me to stay in the room called "The Music Department" that night.
My room was spotlessly clean, had a king size bed, and was decorated with real musical instruments, including a 5-string banjo.
Ashland, Ohio is a small midwest college town just off the Interstate. I visited when the spring flowers were in bloom. College House is very close to campus and is surrounded by the university and the seminary as well as a number of well-preserved grand old houses and nice churches. I'm only sorry that my visit was only for one night.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Northfield, Ohio
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Great experience. Beautiful room with great amenities. Fabulous breakfast. Kathy is a great innkeeper.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reviewed 21 January 2012

This was one of the best places I've ever stayed and I'll tell you why:

Location: it was very near the university and Main Street. Also close to all sorts of restaurants and markets.

Room: One of the best things of the place is that the rooms are organized thematically and the attention to detail is impressive. I, for instance, stayed in the "History Room", which was decorated with American themes, like flags and so on. It was all with really good taste and even the toy duck had the American flag! The room was really clean and new. The fact that there was a necessaire in the bathroom with everything included (toothpaste, razor, sunscreen etc) was a plus. Not to mention chocolate candies everyday - a great treat!

Atmosphere: The best thing about this place is that it feels like home. Kathy, the owner, is a very talkative, polite and attentive person. Moreover, she's a great cook. The breakfast is unbelievable - beautiful and delicious. You haven't known pleasure yet until you tasted her bacon with brown sugar and pepper. Kathy was also super-helpful in trying to find my luggage which was lost by the airline company. If you're lucky, you'll also meet the B&B's "staff": Kathy's adorable twin sons, the most polite children you'll ever meet. Ask them anything about Pirates of the Caribbean or Lord of the Rings and they'll know. However, when I needed to be alone in the room, the place was really quiet and I had all the privacy in the world.

Value: The price was really affordable for the high-level of this place.

In conclusion, College House B&B is a great place for someone travelling alone (my case), couples or families. The price is good, and you'll certainly be well-treated.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Maynardville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I can't begin to explain how pleased we were with our stay. Kathy went out of her way to make us feel at home. The place was beautiful and super clean. The Breakfast was wonderful and we really enjoyed the fellowship with Kathy. Not hard to tell we would recommend this Bed & Breakfast.

Allen & Nancy

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Saline
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My wife and I stayed at College House for a night the weekend after our wedding. We wanted a nice place to relax and recover from all the craziness of our wedding. College House was perfect! The room was very unique (we stayed in the Art Room) and had lots of little details that made it memorable. Kathy even made sure to put a bride and groom rubber duck set in the bathroom.

The breakfast was phenomenal, I can't say enough about how delicious it was. I've stayed at a few bed and breakfasts, but this was probably the best breakfast of them all. When we were finishing up eating, Kathy came and talked with us at the table, along with her sons. It made it feel much more like we were visiting a friend than staying at a hotel or something. It really made the whole stay there an experience.

College House was the perfect getaway for us and we're definitely looking forward to making the trip down there again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Ashland
Surrey Inn Hotel
Surrey Inn Hotel
#6 of 6 in Ashland
Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71

Been to College House B&B? Share your experiences!