College House B&B
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$116
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall townamenitieshomecomfortlordaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Traveling to Ashland for our daughters graduation. Because we are innkeepers ourselves we stay at B&B's whenever possible. We understand the amount of work it takes to run a top notch B&B. Kathy has a fantastic B&b in the heart of Ashland, convenient to everything. Kathy and her boys make you feel right at home. The Music room is very tastefully decorated and comfortable. My husband and I slept soundly in this lovely home. Breakfast was hot and delicious and the coffee was great. When traveling in the area be sure to stay at the College House B&B you will be pleased with your room, breakfast and friendliness that you encounter.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie C
Reviewed 22 April 2012

In Ashland to play softball with our daughters high school team. The team was staying in Mansfield in Hotel. My husband and I wanted to stay in Ashland so we searched and the only place we were ok with staying was a Bed and Breakfast we chose College House and boy was it the best decision ever. We travel a lot with softball baseball with our children all year long. This was the absolute best place to stay ever. You will not be sorry if you chose to stay here. The Inn KEeper makes you feel like this is your house you have the freedom to just relax where ever you want. Homemade brownines when we got there and the best ever breakfast.... Met some of the nicest people from Chicago and ate breakfast with them.. We almost decided to stay another night eventhough the games were over just because it was so great, but we had to get home. But we will for sure stay here again if ever in Ashland Ohio again. Very cute town too local shopping was very nice. Locally made things in the shops downtown. FOOD was great everywhere we went.

Room Tip: Sorry there was not a fittness room cant get it to go away All the rooms were quiet i could not hear anyone in the Inn and it was full. I used the Jacuzzi at 11pm and no one heard it at all. She also has a set a twin boys that were so sweet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I was finishing a 2 week driving vacation and wasn't sure where I would end up the night before I was due back home. I called for a reservation from the road that day and Kathy very graciously made arrangements for me to stay in the room called "The Music Department" that night.
My room was spotlessly clean, had a king size bed, and was decorated with real musical instruments, including a 5-string banjo.
Ashland, Ohio is a small midwest college town just off the Interstate. I visited when the spring flowers were in bloom. College House is very close to campus and is surrounded by the university and the seminary as well as a number of well-preserved grand old houses and nice churches. I'm only sorry that my visit was only for one night.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Great experience. Beautiful room with great amenities. Fabulous breakfast. Kathy is a great innkeeper.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2012

This was one of the best places I've ever stayed and I'll tell you why:

Location: it was very near the university and Main Street. Also close to all sorts of restaurants and markets.

Room: One of the best things of the place is that the rooms are organized thematically and the attention to detail is impressive. I, for instance, stayed in the "History Room", which was decorated with American themes, like flags and so on. It was all with really good taste and even the toy duck had the American flag! The room was really clean and new. The fact that there was a necessaire in the bathroom with everything included (toothpaste, razor, sunscreen etc) was a plus. Not to mention chocolate candies everyday - a great treat!

Atmosphere: The best thing about this place is that it feels like home. Kathy, the owner, is a very talkative, polite and attentive person. Moreover, she's a great cook. The breakfast is unbelievable - beautiful and delicious. You haven't known pleasure yet until you tasted her bacon with brown sugar and pepper. Kathy was also super-helpful in trying to find my luggage which was lost by the airline company. If you're lucky, you'll also meet the B&B's "staff": Kathy's adorable twin sons, the most polite children you'll ever meet. Ask them anything about Pirates of the Caribbean or Lord of the Rings and they'll know. However, when I needed to be alone in the room, the place was really quiet and I had all the privacy in the world.

Value: The price was really affordable for the high-level of this place.

In conclusion, College House B&B is a great place for someone travelling alone (my case), couples or families. The price is good, and you'll certainly be well-treated.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business