“Goodbye Sorellas, 9 years and one month today.”
Review of Sorellas II - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is a goodbye, not a review. Nine years ago my mother and my aunt upgraded from an Italian deli to a proper Italian restaurant. I am the youngest of 3 children, and this restaurant was in my life for 9 years, the deli for 3 before that. This was a huge part of my life.

In around the 4th or 5th year of ownership my aunt moved to Florida, my mother would not run Sorellas alone. They, together, sold the restaurant to my aunts friend, Rick Masters. After around 5 years of ownership Rick was told he had a growth in his brain. Not long after his brother, who was coming to his house to see him, found him at the bottom of the stairs in a pool of blood. Rick was brought to the hospital and put into intensive care. After that point, he was never the same. We had Easter dinner together, my family, Rick, his brother, and his brothers wife.

Not long after that dinner, Rick passed. Ever since, the restaurant has been in the hands of Ricks sister, while it was run by Ricks brother.

Yesterday, September 7th, 2013, was the last day Sorellas II would be open. My brother and I shared the last two canolli to be sold. It was the end.

In 3 weeks to a month, Rick's brother will be reopening under a new name and redesigned interior. It won't be Sorellas, however, it will hire most of the old staff, so that hospitality that the restaurant should be known for is there, but it won't be all Italian, it won't be the same place I grew up in.

Goodbye Sorellas,
Liam Kelly

2  Thank Liam K

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Local Italian in a small ( easy to pass by ) place near a strip mall. Location off major highway so I don't think the al fresco dining would be enjoyable, and the decor / seating could use an update, but the food and service were both very good. The value was excellent as well, as we would have spent just as much, if not more, had we eaten at a chain. The steaks were cooked perfectly and for a very small bar, the drink quality was excellent. We stayed in Ashland 3 nights and ate here twice, so you know we liked it!

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Went for dinner the other day. Looks a little run down on the outside but it seems those places have the best food. Inside decor needs updating and dusting but the food was incredible. Ordered prime rib 16 oz only 15.95 great deal 21.95 down the road at a competitor. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Wonderful atmosphere...great food and drinks. I have always had a good meal. A good variety of food. The owner comes out to greet customers which I think is important..he asks how their meal is and makes you feel good. During the summer they have a nice outside area to dine at.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Finally, a place that gives you the right amount of food at a great price! Weekday specials are awesome--Wednesday is Steak night; Thursday is Lasgna.

Service is paced slowly so you can talk and visit. We were not rushed (group of 5) to leave so that more could be seated.

Try the Seafood Linguini with special olive oil sauce! I had to have this 2 nights in a row, to convince myself it was really that good.

Lemon Cake was also awesome. Desserts are just big enough for 2 people to share.