“Fantastic!”

Alessandro's
Ranked #7 of 70 Restaurants in Ashtabula
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Centerville, Ohio
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

By far the best meal of our trip to Geneva-on-the-Lake. My granddaughter and I had an early dinner here on a Wednesday evening. The staff is welcoming and the waitress was very knowledgable and helpful. I highly recommend the lasagna and my granddaughter loved the vegetarian lasagna. From wine to dessert, this restaurant in a converted Dairy Queen is nothing but class!

Visited July 2013

Highland Heights, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“dissappointed”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

went with our party of five for a 50th anniversary. The anniversary couple dine there often, at least once a month and are known in the community very well,especially by alessandro. not even a complimentary desert for the couple! are you kidding,especially all the times they have eaten there. The scallops and seafood ravioli were very good. The veal marsalla and veal Contadina were tough, rubbery, hard to cut and bland. The sea bass was very good. The dinner salad was not as good as mcdonalds.the one broccoli floret was sad. the deserts were awesome. I expected better. never return.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank pat p
Long Island, New York
“A Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We had dinner here and we were not disappointed. My group consisted of me, my husband, my aunt, uncle, my cousin and my parents. We were all born in Italy except for my cousin so I can say we know Italian food pretty well :)

I had pizza with olives and artichokes, reminded me of the pizzas in Italy! Delicious. You had your choice of toppings. My husband had the lamb chops with a salad and vegetables and said the lamb chops were like butter. My cousin had the penne with chicken and mushrooms, she had a nice big portion - she couldn't finish it and took the rest home. My aunt had this huge calzone and she was happy it didn't come with ricotta like most calzones. My parents had the salmon, very fresh and tasty. My uncle had the linquine and shrimp and said it was very good.

For dessert I shared the cream bomba which was peanut butter gelato with a caramel center in a milk chocolate shell. Yum!!

Prices were similar to our New York prices; everything is prepared fresh so be a little patient if the service is a bit slow. Alessandro is cooking everything himself!

My cousin mentioned that the owner Alessandro came from Sicily; my husband is also from Sicily so we went up to talk to him for a few minutes as he was very busy preparing meals. He seemed genuinely excited and happy to meet fellow Italians. He was very warm and friendly and we really enjoyed our conversation with him. A really nice guy and we wish him continued success!!

• Visited July 2013
Westerville, OH
“Delicious !!!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This restaurant has an Ashtabula address but is just a couple miles away from the Geneva on the Lake strip. Our food was delicious (vegetable lasagna and linguini with shrimp was what we had). We will definitely be back to eat next time we're at the Lake. It's not a fancy restaurant but the food is incredible!

Visited July 2013
Jefferson, Ohio
“Save Room For Dessert”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Place was packed as usual. Service was great, offerings very Italian- very good. We all enjoyed the Fiesta appetizer- a sampling of many of their apps. I highly recommend the Focaccia Caprese. The kids enjoyed traditional spaghetti, my husband and I split an entree: the Seabass special. It was good, vegetables a little under cooked though. A bit pricey for Italian too- and as I mentioned, we didn't order as much as usual.

Small locale, good air conditioning, parking lot could use some help- large puddles in a gravel lot. Wheelchair guest had some trouble entering from a side door, but they looked like regulars. We seemed out of place with the kids, older crowd that night.

Dessert was probably the best part- we ordered 3 and split them all. Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts, but it was not good here. It came in a bowl and you could tell it had been refrigerated for a while or frozen and thawed witht he amount of water that was in the bottom. Disappointing. Kids loved the pistachio cheesecake and the Cream Bomba.

For all the hype we keep hearing, thought it would be stellar, but it was just alright.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Alessandro's? Share your experiences!