“Needs cleaning and renovation”
Review of Days Inn Athens

Days Inn Athens
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Athens
Baltimore, Maryland
“Needs cleaning and renovation”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have stayed at Days Inn hotels in several states and was very disappoiinted with this location. Although the room was non-smoking, there was an underlying smell of smoke. The towels were very, very old and stained. Every time we opened the top dresser drawer, it took 5-8 tries to reclose it. The entire room needed to be dusted. We wiped everything down with disinfecting wipes. Our beds were not made when we returned to the room in the evenings. The bathroom fixtures had cigarette burns. The room did not have an iron, which we needed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We only spent one night there but it was close to where we needed to be and right off the interstate so it was a perfect spot for us. It had a refirgerator and Microwave, all you needed for the stay. Room was very clean, staff very friendly, price was very good. Jacob the gentleman I spoke with was so very pleasant and helpful. Thank you so much for being so sweet. Just an overall great stay.

Room Tip: The room we had was very quite. Even being right off the interstate. Any one would be fine. Just a g...
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Not too bad just need better desk service. I didn't get a receipt at check in or check out. I called back and still received no email record as promised. I also asked for room to be checked so I could have my credit card info back and was told they don't do that.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall it was ok, but the shower curtain was ripped and water was going all over the floor of bathroom, there is a gap in the door frame going into the room, which did not seem very safe.

Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Came in June room was roasting hot. They had the heat on 90. Crack in the wall tiny bed. Clean but not stellar. People outside talk all night long. Weird smells. The microwave was dirty towels scratchy. Not worth the savings.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank HeatherS9
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Let me begin by saying this hotel isn't the easiest place to find; it's obscured by trees and buildings on an easily missed side road. A couple of highway signs wouldn't hurt. After I found the place and checked into my room, I quickly noticed somebody had left a present on my pillow. Not a mint, sadly. No, it was a long, dark mystery hair. I also discovered that my t.v. remote had no batteries. Maybe a previous patron had a digital camera crisis or just liked shiny things. The front desk employee said she'd give me new batteries if I brought her the remote, but I opted to skip t.v. and go to bed. Unfortunately, a few other hotel guests decided it was a wonderful evening for standing on the balcony near my door, drinking beer, and having long, colorful, astonishingly loud conversations. For some reason, I didn't sleep well that night. The following morning's complimentary continental breakfast was quite decent, though, and checkout went smoothly. My stay certainly wasn't a five-star experience, but it was a memorable one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends