All reviews ohio university front desk place to stay full service hotel rooms are great walking distance my daughter nice restaurant the wait staff ou campus rooms are large fire pit downtown athens outdoor patio i highly recommend this hotel alma mater first floor
Reviewed 11 October 2017

My friends and I sent 3 1/3 days in Ohio and two nights were in Athens at the Ohio University Inn. It was a welcome place to hang our helmets after a day riding through the hills and valleys of mid Ohio. The inn is a standard layout long wing hotel. The rooms are large and very well appointed. Super clean with very attentive staff. Town is a 15 minute walk away with lots of restaurants and cafes. We chose to eat at the Inn both nights and were not disappointed for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Millie J, Assistant General Manager at Ohio University Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Reitsmjo,

We wanted to thank you for such a glowing review! We were excited to hear that you had such a delightful visit with us and that our staff were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, as well as dine with us in Cutler's! We hope we have the chance to serve you again, should your travels bring you back to Athens!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I travel to Athens several times a year as my kids attend Ohio University. The Ohio University Inn is clearly the best hotel in the area. The customer service is wonderful! Food is excellent and their pub area is a great place to meet friends and unwind. Rooms are very clean and well appointed. The grounds are well manicured. It really is a pleasure to stay at this hotel. I wish all hotels were operated as well as this one!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Millie J, Assistant General Manager at Ohio University Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

jharc0urt,

Thank you for taking the time to send this wonderful review to us! We appreciate your feedback and we are excited to hear that your experience was nothing short of exceptional! It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to your return on your next visit to see your kids!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Every part of our weekend stay at the Ohio University Inn was wonderful, beginning even before we arrived in Athens. I was overwhelmed by Carrie's helpfulness and friendly attitude when I called to reserve three rooms for a family wedding. A few weeks later the same kindness was shown by Mackenzie when I called to request early check-in and, even though it was not guaranteed, I was assured that we would have a space to change clothes and freshen up for the wedding if our rooms were not ready on arrival. Upon arrival, the front desk staff was superb. They were kind, knowledgeable, intuitive and genuine, which was especially appreciated because they were busy with many guests at check-in time. Our rooms were ready and all three rooms were adjacent, and two connecting which was perfect for our family. We especially enjoyed the cleanliness of the rooms and comfort of the beds. We had 2 double rooms and one king room. There was plenty of space for our four grandchildren to play and expend some energy. Leaving for the wedding, we were wished a fun time by the front desk staff and later, greeted warmly upon return. The same kindness was echoed by the trolley operator all evening. A fantastic family event was followed by a comfortable and quiet night's sleep. Breakfast at Cutler's in the morning was delicious, though maybe a little fancy for our four little ones, ages 1-8. At check-out I was glad to see Carrie, with whom I'd originally made reservations, at the front desk and she did not disappoint. She asked specifically and with genuine interest about our family wedding, reception, and whether the Inn and its staff had met our expectations. I was able to honestly say the entire staff we'd had contact with was the friendliest and most helpful of any place we had stayed-ever, including housekeeping staff we'd meet in the hallway. I don't anticipate another trip to Athens but, if there is, there's no doubt where we'll stay. Ohio University Inn and Conference Center staff are wonderful ambassadors for the university and the city.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Millie J, Assistant General Manager at Ohio University Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

5thg2017,

Wow! Thank you for such an extraordinary review! We were delighted to read this and hear about all of the excellent encounters you experienced while you were staying with us! We are truly grateful for your kind words and remarks and are so happy to hear that your weekend was such a fantastic time for you and your family.

We appreciate your highlight of our associates, Carrie and Mackenzie as well. They are excellent Managers at the Front Desk and we were excited to hear that they were able to go above and beyond for you!

While we understand that you don't anticipate another trip to Athens, we do hope we have another chance to serve you and your family in the future!

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

On our way back from a mid-western trip we visited my alma mater for a short stay. When I was a student at OU many years ago, the Inn was the place to go. Well it still is, in my opinion! The structure mirrors the campus with it's beautiful Georgian architecture. It may seemed dated to some, but I think it is perfect. The flowers add to the beauty. Plants all around the property and whoever takes care of them all does a stellar job! We went to happy hour at the bar and this morning enjoyed a delightful, delicious breakfast at the restaurant on site. We has a king room and the bed was great. I also have a cat allergy and was assured the building we stayed in never has pets! Every person we encountered was great! Look forward to returning again, for sure!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Millie J, Assistant General Manager at Ohio University Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Judi T,

Thank you for such a stellar review! While we appreciate any and all feedback we can get, we were truly ecstatic to receive this! We are so happy to hear that you had a fantastic visit and that the Inn was able to be a part of your trip down memory lane. We look forward to serving you again during your returning visits in the future!

Thank you again for the excellent feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Everyone I encountered, from the front desk, to the cleaning staff, to the restaurant wait staff was absolutely incredible! They were friendly, professional, helpful, and responsive. One person, in particular, really stood out even from this amazing group. If you stay make sure you visit Lucy in the bar area. Whether you're grabbing a coffee or a local brew, Lucy is kind, friendly, and provides exceptional customer service!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Millie J, Assistant General Manager at Ohio University Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

acheliko,

We were delighted to receive such fantastic feedback for all of our associates! Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for recognizing Lucy for her efforts! We have made sure to pass this review along so that all of our associates can be recognized for their hard work. We look forward to providing you with excellent service again in the future!