“Disappoint at Marios” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Aurora
CLEVELAND
“Disappoint at Marios”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

This place has really gone down. I was there this past Labor Day weekend. We had a 4:30 appt for a massage, waited an hour before they called us in. The room, the massage was in was so HOT!!. There was hardly any circulation in the room. I mention it to the guy who was giving me my massage and he stated he didn't have control over the room temperature. The dinner was just OK! There was hardly anything healthly on the menu. I ended up getting chicken parmasean (FRIED). The rooms are so dark in the hotel, and this is the killer we only had maybe 8 channels on the TV (NO CABLE OR FLAT Screen TV). You can purhase a Flat Screen for Cheap these days. Anoher killer, The Breakfast!!!. I expected sausage, eggs and etc. I walked in the resturaunt the next morning and they had maybe 6 muffins and a small saucer with sliced oranges, pinapples and a few berries. I was just done. I asked the lady at the desk was this a contential breakfast and she said Yes. This is not a contential breakast. This is the last time I will visit any Marios'. The owner is not putting any money into this place. Close this Place. Don't waste your Money Here. Very disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank AARONAVA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cleveland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Be careful when purchasing a gift card as they do expire! I bought a massage for my husband a few years ago, when he never used it, I finally decided to use it for a pedicure, but it was Expired. Usually these type of things are good forever. After reading some of the reviews, I don't think I missed anything.

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Curly8
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

I have been to Mario's spa with my husband for massages for years. For mothers day my husband gave me a gift card so I decided to take my 11 year old daughter for a pedicure as a reward for doing well in school. I wish I hadn't. My daughters technician was rude and insulting. Specifically, she told my daughter that people who live in our neighborhood are snooty and think they are better than everyone else. Then she made rude and insulting comments about my daughter's grandfather who had recently passed away. He was a person who was well known in the community for his compassion and humility. My daughter was so upset and confused. I was going to call to complain but when I saw all the miserable reviews i decided it would be futile. But the icing on the cake is that I removed my polish today to find I have a toenail fungus on my toenails! I have only had a pedicure once before because I was concerned about this very problem! We live in the area and plan to share this negative experience.

• Stayed June 2012
7 Thank Jillfank

Travellers are raving about these Aurora hotels

Twinsburg, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

I was using a gift certificate that I was given and made a reservation for a pedicure. Not only are their services double what I would pay at another salon, but the place was a MESS! Areas were roped off and flooring was ripped up everywhere. I was told their spa chairs were leaking and this is a continuous problem. The chairs were nothing special....no massaging. The woman who did my feet went so fast and truly seemed to just rush through it to get out of there (I had a 4pm appointment). When the polish was applied, she never even cleaned up around the toes and the foot where additional polish went and even got polish on my sandals! She tried to take it off with polish remover but there is still some there! I was even disappointed at the selection of polish that they had.....very few choices and brands. I will most likely not return.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank MommaBTwinsburg_Ohio
Warrensville Heights, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Room was very outdated!! Carpet was old and stained. Front desk staff were not all that friendly, explained nothing. I guess he had nothing to explain because there were No ammenities, unless you will require an iron. Was double charged for the massage that my fiance received during our stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lisa W
madison
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Rooms aren't that impressive. You'd think for a spa type of setting, things would be upgraded and be a little cleaner. The Cabin was nice and it was nice to sit and relax while eating dinner. Dinner was good. It wasn't great, just good. I ordered a pasta dish that was supposed to come with chicken. It didn't come with the chicken. Someone in the kitchen forgot to add the main part of the dish! Did they do anything to 'make up' for me paying for something I didn't get??? Nope! Gee thanks for going above and beyond to make my stay so enjoyable. Then my husband and I get back to the room to relax and the 4 hens above us come back drunk from the bar and think they're in Vegas! It seemed like everyone around us came back drunk and decided it was a good idea to take a whirlpool at 1 in the morning! Bottom line, if you do go, ask for a top floor room. It was so loud I couldn't believe it. Someone finally did complain and the 60 year old Sex and the City wanna be's did quite down around 1:30 am. Oh, and the best part of the stay...our neighbor didn't think anyone could hear him farting in the whilrpool tub. I know the hotel can't control who stays there and gets drunk and parties all night, but it's not that type of hotel...if you're going to do that, go somewhere else! We checked out very early after our small and unsatisfying continental breakfast. When we checked out, no one asked how our stay was or anything. Well, I certainly will let them know today!

Room Tip: Get a top floor room b/c it's so loud on the bottom floor, you hear everything
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank amy b
Strongsville, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Not what I anticipated. It was very cold in the locker room. My wrap was so frayed that I wasn't sure it would stay up. I watched the temperature rise on my "steam room" from 81 to 86 degrees. I had to take my towel and fold it so I sit on the porcelain tiles and put another behind my back due to the temperature of the room. I should mention I am at that stage in my life that I am never cold- The person who did my scrub and massage was wonderful. It was so cold in the room were I was to eat lunch that I changed into my clothes. I told the receptionist about the temperature-he said he would put the portable heater in the room. He did but did not turn it on. I had heard so many good things about Mario's that I was really looking forward to a relaxing couple of hours. I would not recommend Mario's International Spa and Hotel-Medina location for a spa day unless they fix their issues.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank readerboehm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland
The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland
#13 of 38 in Cleveland
The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center
Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square
Drury Plaza Hotel Cleveland Downtown
Bertram Inn and Conference Center
Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast

Been to Mario's International Spa and Hotel? Share your experiences!