“In need of drastic remodel”

Mario's International Spa and Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I only visited the spa for a facial and massage. The services were fine, but the facilities are old, dirty, and very outdated. I feel bad for the employees that have to work there and too bad their company won't pay to update the facilities. So many nicer spas in the area, including Walden just a few miles away. I don't know how they intend to stay open and compete.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank blondeinwi99

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Another wonderful stay at Mario's International Spay and Hotel. This time we just laid back and relaxed. No spa treatments just lounging around and had a wonderful meal at the Cabin. If atmosphere is what your looking for this is the place to be but if you are looking for a current up to date Hilton this is not. The bathrooms and the white robs to me are the best part of the stay. It is a little more expensive but if you watch you can catch their specials. My husband and I are parents of 4 and don't get much alone time. We have to choose wisely when we get to get away. Mario's is far enough away but close enough to go home if needed.

Room Tip: Last minute stays usually no openings in the Spa. Must be comfortable asking questions as sometimes...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This place has really gone down. I was there this past Labor Day weekend. We had a 4:30 appt for a massage, waited an hour before they called us in. The room, the massage was in was so HOT!!. There was hardly any circulation in the room. I mention it to the guy who was giving me my massage and he stated he didn't have control over the room temperature. The dinner was just OK! There was hardly anything healthly on the menu. I ended up getting chicken parmasean (FRIED). The rooms are so dark in the hotel, and this is the killer we only had maybe 8 channels on the TV (NO CABLE OR FLAT Screen TV). You can purhase a Flat Screen for Cheap these days. Anoher killer, The Breakfast!!!. I expected sausage, eggs and etc. I walked in the resturaunt the next morning and they had maybe 6 muffins and a small saucer with sliced oranges, pinapples and a few berries. I was just done. I asked the lady at the desk was this a contential breakfast and she said Yes. This is not a contential breakast. This is the last time I will visit any Marios'. The owner is not putting any money into this place. Close this Place. Don't waste your Money Here. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AARONAVA
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Be careful when purchasing a gift card as they do expire! I bought a massage for my husband a few years ago, when he never used it, I finally decided to use it for a pedicure, but it was Expired. Usually these type of things are good forever. After reading some of the reviews, I don't think I missed anything.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Curly8
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I have been to Mario's spa with my husband for massages for years. For mothers day my husband gave me a gift card so I decided to take my 11 year old daughter for a pedicure as a reward for doing well in school. I wish I hadn't. My daughters technician was rude and insulting. Specifically, she told my daughter that people who live in our neighborhood are snooty and think they are better than everyone else. Then she made rude and insulting comments about my daughter's grandfather who had recently passed away. He was a person who was well known in the community for his compassion and humility. My daughter was so upset and confused. I was going to call to complain but when I saw all the miserable reviews i decided it would be futile. But the icing on the cake is that I removed my polish today to find I have a toenail fungus on my toenails! I have only had a pedicure once before because I was concerned about this very problem! We live in the area and plan to share this negative experience.

• Stayed: June 2012
7  Thank Jillfank
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I was using a gift certificate that I was given and made a reservation for a pedicure. Not only are their services double what I would pay at another salon, but the place was a MESS! Areas were roped off and flooring was ripped up everywhere. I was told their spa chairs were leaking and this is a continuous problem. The chairs were nothing special....no massaging. The woman who did my feet went so fast and truly seemed to just rush through it to get out of there (I had a 4pm appointment). When the polish was applied, she never even cleaned up around the toes and the foot where additional polish went and even got polish on my sandals! She tried to take it off with polish remover but there is still some there! I was even disappointed at the selection of polish that they had.....very few choices and brands. I will most likely not return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank MommaBTwinsburg_Ohio
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Room was very outdated!! Carpet was old and stained. Front desk staff were not all that friendly, explained nothing. I guess he had nothing to explain because there were No ammenities, unless you will require an iron. Was double charged for the massage that my fiance received during our stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple