We arrived at night, and we could not find an entrance to a parking lot as it is not marked. The holiday decorations in the lobby/restaurant were very pretty. Cheese plate in room was 8 ritz crackers, and hunks of cheese of unknown variety. Champagne was in white wine glasses... Carpet in room had ripples all over where it had stretched and never repaired. Facility rundown and dirty. Our dinner time was 8:30, we were seated at 9:30, and did not receive our entrees until 11:30. They ran out of everything in the kitchen, or so we were told. Breakfast was nasty. The bacon was deep fried! Carton of orange juice was sitting in ice bin at bar. Hello, no sanitation there! I could go on forever, but one has the clues. Knew not to purchase spa services as they are twice the price anywhere else in town, but not even half the quality others offer. Run away from Marios.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mario's Spa is a very quaint historical building from the 1840's when, at that time was a stage coach stop for travelers heading West. The guest quarters of the private 14 room hotel have Victorian styled decor & provide gracious accommodations where comfort and hospitality are our primary concern. Guest rooms are luxuriously embellished, each offering personal in-room whirlpool baths complete with every convenient amenity. The Hotel Suite with fireplace will provide your sanctuary for the ultimate repose. For a spa retreat, the business traveler, groups, weddings, or a tranquil getaway, the Spa Hotel is a haven for those seeking solitude and has entertained many celebrities. Spa Hotel dining offers the rustic elegance of our Cabin Restaurant and Courtyard. The restaurant serves an array of fresh, hearth baked pizzas to astounding homemade pasta selections and grilled to perfection steak, chops and seafood. The Cabin cuisine specializes in quality with all menu items prepared to specification on the premises.AURORA: The word in its original Greek context refers to "a new beginning." With the completion of the refurbishment of the original Aurora Spa, we are entering into an age of "a new beginning." Mario's Aurora Spa is our Grande Spa. The Aurora Spa was Mario's first spa, opened 35 years ago, making Mario's one of the early creators of day spas.Our historic building has warmth and charm that can't be found in modern environments. You can partake of your services in the warm glow of one of our 7 fireplaces and unwind in our Grotto - our newly renovated all stone whirlpool and Finnish sauna. Enjoy a scrumptious and healthy meal in our Furno - our private spa restaurant where you can dine in the comfort of your robe and slippers!Personalized attention to our guests, a team of professional technicians and therapists and our renowned commitment to provide exceptional spa experiences has earned Mario's Spas the award of #1 day spa nationally. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Mario's International Spa and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mario`s International Hotel Aurora
- Marios International Hotel
- Marios International Spa Aurora
- Mario's International Spa And Hotel Aurora, Ohio