“Do not listen to the bad reviews!”

Mario's International Spa and Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have entertained my clients at Mario's for over 13 years. 99% loved staying there, I guess you cannot please everyone but of the majority they all asked to be booked at this hotel each and every year. The only person who had a complaint with me regarding the stay was that the hotel room was not bright enough for his computer work.
Is it meant to be like a chain hotel with modern amenities ...NO! it has more of a European flavor, quaint, sophisticated, quiet, My customers loved the feather pillows and Jacuzzi tubs in each room. They felt pampered.
You check in at a beautiful desk,,,it is like you have stepped back in time. You get a real room key and are escorted to your room which is small and cozy.
Yes it is dated...but that is part of the charm. If you want a cold hotel room then stay at a chain. If you want to have a pampered, calm, relaxing evening then Mario's is tops in my book.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank BIBBITZ

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Dirty rundown restaurant. Dirty and strangely hot bathroom. Worn-out fixtures everywhere. Wedge salad had overpowering taste of onions(dish does not include onions). Pizza was way overloaded with cheese and had almost no sauce. The waiter was rude and unattentive between courses. When taking me to my table he didn't say anything like "here you go." He was silent and had a miserable expression- same when he brought fresh ground pepper- he just held it over the salad in silence until I redponded- rude. The white wind was good. I'll never be back.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank dacicerone
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I live 5 minutes from this hotel and thought it would be a wonderful place for my mom to stay. I had used there spa and hotel services before and my family stayed in the hotel for one night when we first moved to the area 3 yrs ago. (over $2,500 in the past few years). Unfortunately, the hotel has lost the meaning for customer service. The hotel was almost vacant this weekend and it appeared that they were trying to determine if the chef should even come in for breakfast service in the morning. Greetings by the staff were cold and the quality of the room was much lower than my previous experiences.

My mom's plans had to change at the last minute after staying at the hotel for two nights and she needed to cut their trip short by one evening from 3 nights to 2 nights. The manager refused to acknowledge that they had already stayed and paid for 2 nights at over a 150 a night and held firm on their 48 hour cancellation policy for their third night.

The manager was rude and was totally unconcerned about how this negative experience would be treated even though as a resident of the community, I would have liked to be able to refer more people to this local business. The manager was unconcerned about negative reviews and reinforced their 48 hour cancellation policy. I could understand this requirement if it were peak season and a prime night that had to be cancelled, but we needed to cancel out of a Sunday evening reservation at a spa resort in the middle of a rural community that had an empty parking lot.

This manager was very short sighted in his approach to serving customers and he left me no choice but to share my experience so that others are well informed.

Future guests, please be aware of your contract terms and conditions when making any reservations at this hotel,read other reviews about the quality and make sure that you don't commit to any more nights than minimally required when making your reservations.

So,so disappointed in the treatment at what was once a privilege and splurge for my wife and I to visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Egarpo
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My husband brought me to Mario's for my birthday. Needless to say, it was god awful! After getting an hour facial (THAT MY HUSBAND PAID ALOT OF MONEY FOR), I thought I was satisfied with my service and even loved the smell of the product that she was using UNTIL after when I was dressing discovered that the WHOLE time she was using a Sally's Beauty facial product, which I might ad only cost $6.99 per jar. So the total that My husband would've spent had I done the dam facial myself priced out to $21.00 not including tax!! And I won't even go into all of the other horrible services we received that day, the food and the hotel. Yuck!! Even after bringing this to managements attention, it was never resolved. Now that my birthday is right around the corner, I absolutely will not be going back to Mario's and it really is too bad seeing as though my husband has been bringing me there for over six years now....tisk tisk tisk Mario's. You should work on what products you purchase for your so called salon/spa and most importantly your customer service skills!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Unfortunately as of, May 18th, there is NO pool, NO workout facility, NO ice machines and NO restaurant. Checked in, found this out but went to my room, hoping it would be nice enough that I wouldn't mind the rest. The room was boring, old, dingy and just not welcoming. The highlight of my entire visit (3 hours) was the girl at the front desk. She was SO kind and SO accommodating that I almost wanted to stay JUST because of her, but I didn't. I asked for and was given a full refund on my room and returned home. The front desk employee was the ONLY good thing about this facility.

4  Thank BrandiH531
Reviewed 16 May 2013

This place is disgusting so dirty everything is run down obviously can tell the owner puts no money into the business.....pedicure chairs leak water all over the place they have no massage and are falling apart bad selection of polish also....I seen bugs in the whirlpool area and smells like mold throughout that area....most disgusting spa should be shut down....hotel rooms are dirty with stains on bedding fingerprints on walls...food is okay but service is horrible throughout the whole place never on time very unorganized

• Stayed: April 2013
9  Thank lizamillion
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I often utilize Tripadvisor as a way to "get a sense" of a hotel, cruise, restaurant, etc. prior to going to a new place. I was so busy with work that I did not check Tripadvisor before making the arrangements this time. So, you can imagine my sense of dread when 2 days before I was scheduled to bring my Mom here for a special birthday celebration...I took a look at the reviews. While I know that not everyone can be happy no matter what one does (I teach :) ) ...with so many negative reviews, I thought that there "had to be" something to them.

I am happy to let you know that we had a lovely experience there. Everyone was very kind and courteous - helping to bring our bags to the hotel section as we were starting off with a massage...not having to go back outside on a rainy day, but instead simply being able to walk over to our room (while still wearing our robes from the Spa!)...to having a very tasty dinner at the restaurant. Yes, this is not a sleek, modern hotel, but that is not what it is supposed to be - there is no bait and switch here. The idea is to take a step back in time and unwind. The staff was kind enough to initiate changing our room upon learning of my Mom's age (81 years young!) upon arrival...so that she would have fewer steps to walk to the room.
I am sorry to hear of the unkempt or "run down" nature of the rooms as described by others, but again, that is not what was true of our room. It was lovely, with a beautiful whirlpool tub, and 2 queen size beds.

If you are in a rush for dinner, then this would not be the place...but I considered the quality of the food to be well-worth the wait, and again, this was "our evening" so we weren't rushing to anything else. Our waitress is in Belize getting married now...and I wish her the best.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family