Free cancellation until 29/07
US$180
Hampton.com
US$108
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

US$123
All reviewsone hour massagean excellent jobfireplacemimosassuppliescharmanniversary
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Our stay was very pleasant, comfortable, and relaxing. Before this recent stay, I had not been to Mario's in over 25 years. After I booked the room for a two night stay, I read the not-so-good reviews and was concerned what I had gotten into. This visit was just as awesome as my very first visit. The staff went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable (hotel, spa, and restaurant). I absolutely love the charm of this historic, classy establishment. Next time, I won't wait another 25 years to return. Thanks!!!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank therollingpeach231
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I would rate my experience a "C". We had to walk up three flights of stairs (no elevator) not good for (2) 65 year olds. The room was small and near the road (which you could hear the traffic all night-not very peaceful). The heater didn't work. The spa tub could not fit 2 people comfortably and the tub faucet dripped all night.If you wanted anything to eat or drink, you had to go to their restaurant, which was extremely expensive or find somewhere outside the hotel. There was an ice bucket in the room but no where to get ice yourself. You had to call for service. All in all it was not a very peaceful serene experience. And the smell from the fireplace in the dining area traveled up to the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I booked a spa day through Groupon. The Spa itself was wonderful. The 1/2 hr facial was great, wish it was longer, and the hr massage was relaxing. We also got the 15 min whirlpool which was really nice in its own little private room. Everything was clean and comfortable. Prior to our spa services, we had an excellent lunch in the restaurant. The salad was very hearty and was so tasteful.
Now on to the not so enjoyable...the hotel room was disgusting. You could barely open the door to get in, carpet was stretched out, stained, and very dirty. If we weren’t just sleeping there for 12 hrs, I would have left. No ice, fridge or microwave (no biggie). I wore shoes in the room entire time. Towels were hard. The pictures that I looked at prior to booking were not that of the hotel room that we got. I guess that is only 1 room. I took a picture of dust and dirt on the floor and nite stand, but I can’t get to post.
I would not suggest to stay at hotel but definitely do a spa day!

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank Sharon A
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My husband booked the weekend trip for Valentine's Day. We stayed 2 nights.

The hotel entrance is impossible to find, especially at night and there are zero instructions on their website.

We had spa treatments scheduled for Saturday; a one hour massage, an oxygen facial and a hairstyle. For Sunday we had a 30 minute massage scheduled.

The treatments were good. Most employees have been there more than 10 years and are very loyal with many employees having 20-30 years loyalty. The lady that gave me my facial has been there 43 years!

The facilities are definitely getting rundown. The rooms were cold, blankets thin and frayed and walls had paint on top of paint. The decorator was obsessed with fountains...they are everywhere!

The hotel suite was satisfactory with the best part being the gas fireplace which made the room cozy.

We had dinner Saturday night in the hotel restaurant and the meal was delicious! I had the filet with veggies and my husband had the prime rib. His was cold...which was so suprising because it is supposed to be one of their specialties. It must have been precut and sat waiting for my dinner.

I was told that the owners are getting up in years and it seems that they are letting the details that create the exceptional experiences slip.

All in all, we paid $2000 for the weekend and it felt like we overpaid by $1000. Bottom line, if you can get all of what we did for the weekend for $1000 it would be worth it.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My friend and I had a very nice experience, but I noticed a few issues since my last three visits, two in the late 90s and one in 2001.

I have not been back since because the regular rates for packages have doubled, if not more. I guess it is understandable due to price increases on just about everything in general, but the double increase in rates have kept me from indulging even though I now live 15 minutes away instead of 45.

When I saw their incredible deal on Groupon I told my neighbor and we jumped on it. I did not use a Groupon in the past, as they obviously did not exist back then and had booked the same package at face value. We were booked for a one hour massage, 1/2 hour facial, choice of whirlpool, sauna or steam and champagne lunch.

When I booked the appointment I was told that we would have lunch first at two.

Their site has a page to instruct guests on what to bring/not bring and how early to arrive. It says to arrive 15 to 30 minutes early to check in and fill out our registration forms. It explains that if we arrive late, our times with services would be shortened due to other waiting guests. When they called me the day before to confirm, they told me to bring our swimsuits if we wanted to use the whirlpool. I confirmed that we should arrive 15 to 30 minutes early and the woman seemed slightly short with me when she said, "Noooo, your check-in time is scheduled for 2, so you arrive at 2." Ok.

When we arrived about 10 minutes early we waited for other guests to check out. We were then told that the whirlpool has been out of order for a couple days. This was the third out of four visits where the whirlpool was closed. When I filled out my registration in the past, two out of the three previous times I was offered champagne or a mimosa. Nothing was offered this time. My friend finished her forms before mine and a gentleman came over and took hers. When I finished mine soon after, I got up and returned it to the front desk. The gentleman said, in what I interpreted as slightly passive-aggressive, "I ASSURE you that I would have come over to take it." I apologized.

We should have come earlier. I forgot it takes a little time to change, and longer if you have to wait to use the bathroom.

Instead of lunch first, the two masseuses were waiting for us while the director peeked into the locker room to see if we were ready. We were escorted quickly to the massage rooms.

I felt my masseuse did an excellent job and my friend agreed as well. We were then escorted to our facial treatments. Again, we both felt that we had a great, relaxing experience. We were then asked if we wanted lunch or our steam. We chose lunch as we were hungry.

I don't know why we were asked which we wanted first, because we felt slightly rushed during lunch. We appreciated the attentiveness of our server, but eventually wondered if she kept coming over to see if we were done with our first course. My friend ordered the pene with cheese. I tasted it and it was a creamy delight. My salmon on my ceaser salad was done to perfection. I was savoring it. We were amazed and pleased by the large portions; larger than I remembered. My friend finished before I did. Within seconds her plate was cleared, which made me feel as if I had to start shoveling in the rest of my salad. Having a history in the early 90s of serving tables at both casual and high-end places, and a current patron in both, I was surprised with their "feed 'em and street 'em" method, where it is much more classy to wait until all guests are finished so others don't feel rushed or out of place being the only one still eating. I also understand the need for pre-bussing in a casual place if it is crowded, but there was only one other table of three when we arrived, and the only ones there midway through our meal. Still not finished with my salad, but almost done not long after my friend's plate was cleared, the server brought over both servings of chocolate mousse. I got the hint and let her have the plate. Midway through our absolutely delicious mousse we were asked again if we needed anything else. We got the next hint and inhaled the rest as they started setting the tables for dinner with extra bread plates.

The decor in the restaurant is beautiful, cozy and rustic with a warm fireplace, but a television which was turned off when we arrived, but turned on to the Food Network which was airing "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" killed the atmosphere. Why is there a tv in their classy dining room not far from the beautiful fireplace? Why was it turned on midway through our meal after the other trio left? There was no tv when I was there previously. I can understand if there is one in the pub. And, why offer a distraction if we needed to be rushed out of there?

The steam room was inviting with rustic stone walls. We were never told how long it would be. It's about 10 minutes. The steam stopped and we didn't know what to do. The attendant opened the door and said it was finished and others were waiting and we did see another couple. We apologized. We wished we knew that it would be over and then we could shower. We were then told we could take a shower in the three showers there, if we wanted, but it was getting late. We noticed there were drug store shampoo (Fructis), mostly empty supplies, with a couple of their signature supplies which looked like they were squeezed to death.

The woman who checked us out was very pleasant and professional. It was a nice way to complete a lovely afternoon, which could have been better if we arrived earlier, according to their site, and did not feel slightly rushed.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends