“Still haven't heard back!”
Review of Inn Walden

Inn Walden
Ranked #1 of 1 Aurora B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Inn Walden for the second time in August. Finding the hotel using our GPS placed us in a private community blocks away from the actual property, happened to other guests we spoke to as well. The hotel signage is extremely poor, especially on this 2-lane dark road. The lighting in our suite was extremely poor, having to use a flashlight to set the coffee pot in our room. Bath floor mats and towels in need of replacing. In addition, my husband took a terrible fall coming in from a damp garden patio area into their "library" seriously hurting himself, they are not prepared for emergencies like this and the GM has yet to reach out to us even when we wrote them last September 16th, except for a text message asking how he was.
The dinner was barely acceptable and costly. On the bright side, the SPA massages were outstanding and our breakfast was superior.
Peggy M- Carlsbad, CA

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peggy M

Reviewed 21 October 2013

what a wonderful surprise! 40 minutes outside of Cleveland, this Inn is located in the beautiful countryside of Ohio with horses, exceptional golf, great spa and the friendliest people! You can enjoy drinks or dinner while watching horses being worked. The staff, while young (typically college aged) are exceptional, attentive to your every need. The rooms/suites were larger than my first apartment!

a must visit!

Room Tip: upstairs room overlooking the fields (not the road) are a must
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Just got back from a long weekend at Inn Walden. The Inn is great and the staff at the inn is very friendly and obliging (especially Tyler!) Our suite was beautiful - i HIGHLY recommend booking an Equestrian Suite - the suite has a beautiful walk in shower with jets all over the place and a large inviting spa tub. In addition it has a lovely outside sitting area and a fireplace. The service at the hotel is really excellent - the turndown service includes a complimentary bottle of wine and cookies. The spa is nothing short of amazing. we've been to spas all over the world in very nice hotels but this was the best so far - when you arrive for your appointment you are brought to your spa suite, which has a steam shower and a jet tub all set up for you. You are given 30 minutes before and after your treatment to enjoy the room. The room also has a tea kettle and grooming products. The massage I got was great - really great and being able to slip into a hot jet tub afterwards was great! So now the only negative - the service at the restaurants was really, really lacking. The first night we ate at The Club. The service was horrid - I mean almost so bad as to be funny. Our server claimed to be new, which is fine, I would have given her a break for that, but it wasn't just a lack of experience, it was incompetence. An example: I asked how the fish was prepared, she said "um. . . . sauteed?" Another server was walking by and said "no, we can prepare it anyway you like, grilled, blackened, baked - whatever." And that's just one example. Pretty much everything that could have gone wrong, did. At the end of the meal I was unable to express my unhappiness in the tip because the tip was already included - which was annoying. I didn't want to tip 20% but I was forced too. The breakfast was also an issue - the food was fine but the service was slow. On our second day, we waited 45 minutes after ordering and when the food showed up it was baked to a crisp as though it had been under hot lights for a long, long time. We also ate at the Barn. The food was great, but the service was just OK. And, I would feel remiss if I didn't comment on the fact that the women's menu were different then the men's menus. The women's menus, had no prices. Seriously? In 2013? Seriously??? but - aside from all that - Inn Walden and Spa Walden are amazing places and I highly recommend a stay there. You will not regret it!

Room Tip: Book an equestrian suite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IvyMarie
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have stayed in several of the "signature" hotels around; Greenbrier, The Plaza NYC, The Biltmore, etc. and I had better service and acommodations at the Walden than anywhere I've stayed in the USA or overseas. It was quiet, relaxing, beautiful and everyone called you by your name. The staff was amazing. You waited seconds for anything needed. The rooms were very large, very clean and the Spa was to die for. We were there for the weekend and even being full you waited for nothing. The food and amentities were over the top. It's the most organized place I've ever been. I took my staff for a getaway with spouses and EVERYONE said it was the best they'd ever experienced.

Room Tip: Lofts all have many steps so if you can't do steps well do not get a loft. The newer rooms are m...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sendmefaraway
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Spent 3 nights at the inn celebrating our anniversary and let me tell you it could not have been any more special - thanks to the staff. Amazingly attentive to the point we felt like royalty, and that's no embellishment. Now it was a Monday through Wednesday so the inn seemed empty with no competition from other guests, but the place is spread out enough where I cannot see running across many other guests anyhow. Every evening we returned to our suite the entire place was literally filled with votive candles (dozens, 50, 60, 70+) and rose pedals. Don't gag, it was really quite beautiful. The spa service was good for me (1 hr massage) but I'm not a big spa aficionado so leave it at that. Must have dinner at The Barn restaurant, recommend the sea bass. Horseback riding was a yawner so skip it. Overall A+++.

Room Tip: It's all good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cochango
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Inn Walden - Aurora, Oh...The hotel was clean, new and reasonable for the amenities. The staff was curious, and very helpful in recommending nearby restaurants. We were extremely happy with the morning breakfast. We would and plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: Make a reservation well before you get there.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Took my wife there recently for our 5 year anniversary and she spends A LOT of time in Spas and she said that she LOVES Spa Walden! Spa isn't really my thing but I have to admit that even I think this place is great. The private suites that you get are amazing and even though the parking lot was full and you could tell the Spa was really busy (it was a Saturday afternoon) we never saw any other people or couples and were able to enjoy a romantic get away for our entire 3 hour stay! Make sure to tell them its a special occasion and they will go above and beyond to make it just that! We will definitely be coming back here next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center
Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center
Bertram Inn and Conference Center

Been to Inn Walden? Share your experiences!