“PJ Party Weekend”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aurora
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
“PJ Party Weekend”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My sister and I meet different places and spend a weekend shopping and hanging out. The Aurora Inn was the latest choice. The hotel is in the process of being renovated, and fortunately being saved. Our room was quite nice and comfortable. There is a very impressive indoor pool. It is a rustic old inn and will be lovely when it is completed. Close to Aurora Farms Outlet shopping and not a far drive to Amish country. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful! We very much enjoyed our visit!!

Room Tip: We were in the east section, and were able to park close to our room down about six steps.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Lisa Z, Management at The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Sandramary50,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! It is great that you and your sister choose our property as your latest "Pj Party" get together! We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly and our hotel to be comfortable! Our staff works hard to ensure that our guests are comfortable during their stay. We are all excited about the many changes that our hotel will be going through as much as you are! We hope that once the hotel has been renovated you and your sister come back to visit. Hope to see you again soon.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Painesville, Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed at this Inn years ago and it was lovely - not this time. Even though there are new owners I was pretty disappointed with the condition of the room. We had our dog and we were put down in the "basement". It smelled very musty there were several dehumidifiers running but they didn't really help. My biggest complaint/concern was security. Our room phone didn't work, the window lock wasn't attached at all. There were 2 doors leading outside - the one required a key card to enter. It was not wrking until I reported the issue. The other door had no security at all. People wld go out, smoke a cigarette, come back in and not secure the door. Very disturbing. Other minor issues, there was only 1 wrking ice machine, we had to request a desk lamp and more shampoo/soap etc. Should be standard equipment/supplies. The staff however were great! I'll try again in a few months but this place will need major improvements.

Room Tip: Other dog owners left their dog (s) unattended and they barked pretty much non-stop during the eveni...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dogloveralways
Dear Dogloveralways.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad that you found our customer service to be great, but we do apologize for the security issues that you had. We do thank you for reporting the issue regarding the door, we did have maintenance handle that right away. We never want our guests to feel unsafe when staying with us. We have been working hard on improvements throughout the property, eventually the entire property will be renovated. We are excited for the upgrades. We hope that you do try us again to come see all of the great changes that we have in store.

Carmel, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This place is great and so accommodating couldn't do enough for us, there is a restaurant nearby called Doogans, the food is great and inexpensive. you have to try the spinach and artichoke dip - the absolute best. I loved my stay.

Room Tip: any room but next time I am going to ask if there is a room with a balcony overlooking the property.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa Z, Management at The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Patricia B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad to hear that you loved your stay with us! Our team prides themselves on working hard to accommodate our guest’s needs. We are starting renovations on our bar soon, which will also serve food. We hope that you come back to visit once our bar and restaurant are open.
We look forward to seeing you again. Have a great week!

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I reserved the banquet room at the Aurora Inn in Aurora, Ohio on December 4, 2013 for my sons wedding reception on May 10, 2014. I was told the Inn had been purchased by new owners. I was not asked to sign a contract but was given a quote listing all we would receive and noting my deposit. During the following weeks phone calls and e-mails were not returned. When we went to pay the balance due in the beginning of April we were told that the Inn had been sold again, that we had no contract and that they had booked a wedding reception into our room with 150 guests. They could not move them but they would be glad to put up a tent outside and provide porta potties for rest rooms at no additional charge. Needless to say, we did not accept their offer. We were able to book Centerville Mills Camp and the reception turned out wonderful! I would NEVER recommend the Aurora Inn to anyone. By the way, I never did receive my deposit back after asking for it more than once. Beware the Aurora Inn!!!

Room Tip: We did have guests stay that had already booked before they canceled us. The rooms are very small a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I don't know whats up with the other reviews, I'm honestly shocked. I'm so glad I didn't listen to them. I bought the rooms on a third party site that sold the rooms at a very LOW price. I stayed here from Friday-Sunday.

I was so happy with everything. My room was clean and everything worked. There was NO odor that some other reviewer wrote about. Now maybe I stayed in a renovated room but it looked very nice. It had a flat screen tv, a fridge and a microwave - A+++ for that!! Room was nice and quiet, fell asleep very quickly. It had a complimentary breakfast (cereals, bagels, toast, coffee etc.) and there was free parking. Oh there was free wifi in my room as well.

The location was awesome. I came down from Toronto and it was close to many outlets and a drive from downtown. I've stayed at expensive chain hotels and didn't have as much fun as when I stayed here. This was my first experience in an Inn and I recommend it.

The staff was super friendly too. Very kind man helped my dad with a remote issue. I think these bad reviews do it such injustice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NurseRM
Lisa Z, Management at The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear NurseRM,
Thank you so much for sharing the great experience you had at our hotel! I apologize for the delay in thanking you for your review. The feedback that we get from our guests is always appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed everything that our hotel has to offer, including the awesome location. Hopefully you were able to explore some of what Aurora has to offer during your stay. The outlet shopping plaza is always a wonderful place to spend your afternoon.

We take pride in excelling in cleanliness and customer service. I’m glad that we could exceed your expectations in those categories. You should like the renovations and improvements we have planned! We hope you visit again soon to see all of the changes that we will be making.

Sun City, Arizona
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I usually can go with the flow but this time....NO I wonder who actually stayed at the Hotel(INN) to really recommend this as a destination choice. The customer service was wonderful but how much can a person apologize for old, out dated, a little scary décor. I took pictures... My grand children said Grandma what kind of place is this it smells... I tried to run the air-condition thinking maybe the room was just musty, it still had a odor of old and musty. 1 lamp one light bulb in a two fixture lamp, extension cords representing additional outlets....need I say more like I said If you need pictures I have those to. I just feel sad for the employees because they were extremely kind and patient even though there efforts probably were in vain. Elnora D.

Room Tip: Stay with a known brand.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Lisa Z, Management at The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Elnora D,

We apologize for the delay in replying to your review. Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that your customer service experience was great, but apologize for the room condition that you experienced. My company, Riley Hotel Group, just took over management for the new ownership group of the hotel in April. We have many great renovations and updates planned for the property in the coming months. We have already started to make noticeable changes throughout the hotel and are excited to continue with these.

We hope that you do return so that you are able to see all of the great changes and updates that we will be doing.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I never even got stay at the #AuroraInn. I was given a #DealChicken certificate as a gift for a Murder Mystery overnight with breakfast and dinner. I've been trying since January to redeem it. When I've been able to actually speak to someone who is willing to give me information (which is rare), I've been told no such evenings were available, with no offer to redeem the voucher for any other services. After three months of calls I finally asked for a refund and they told me call Deal Chicken. Deal Chicken is now telling me that the Aurora Inn has said the voucher was already used, which is a lie. Neither the Aurora Inn or DealChicken has given me a refund as yet, but I will continue to fight and spread my experiences with the lack of helpfulness of both parties on social media until the money is refunded.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Bertram Inn and Conference Center
Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Southeast Streetsboro
Comfort Suites Twinsburg
Comfort Suites Twinsburg
#2 of 3 in Twinsburg
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg

Been to The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center? Share your experiences!