“Good, clean, quiet place to spend the night”

Hampton Inn Ashtabula
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Austinburg
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I stayed here for 1 night in Sept 2013 and found this Hampton to be a good value like most other Hampton Inns. Hotel is just off I-90 with fairly easy access to a few restaurants. Check-in was fast. Staff were friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. TV, climate control, lights, all worked well. Breakfast was ready at 6am. Breakfast choices looked good even though I only had some cereal and fruit. No problems. This was one of those stays that lasted about 12 hours so I can't give more specifics. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have been staying here for several years and used to enjoy my stays because the rooms were clean and modern; a step above the local competition. Alas, this is no longer the case. Our room was dirty, shop-worn and just plain tired. Neither the heater nor toilet functioned properly. The room never really got warm and the heater fan sounded broken. The bed was unsatisfactory; far too old and I doubt that the mattress has been turned this decade. My wife had to move to the other bed because she kept "rolling downhill." The ceiling had a large water stain.
The front desk was unattended during the early evening -- our phone calls went unanswered.
I suppose that with the SPIRE facility nearby the owners feel that they can neglect the basics and still draw guests but I suspect that at $136 a night they will get few returning.

Room Tip: Get a Queen Room -- You'll have a better chance of having a reasonable bed.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mmcginty99
bconaway, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ashtabula, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. I am very sorry that you had some maintenance issues in your room regarding the heater and toilet not working properly. I can assure you that this is very rare to occur; however I can very much empathize with you frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you went through. I especially wanted to apologize that our staff did not respond to your complaint in a timely manner. I was disappointed that you did not receive the attention you deserved. This is contrary to what our guests see from us and I will be speaking directly with our staff so that this does not occur again.

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel is VERY clean. The staff were so nice. The hotel even had a huge MAC computer for guest to use. The pool was awesome as well as the breakfast. I would stay here again and encourage anyone traveling to stay here also

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We had a great stay at the Ashtabula Hampton Inn over the Thanksgiving weekend 2013. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, not to mention that the complimentary breakfast was really good. The room was clean and tidy and the fitness room was a great way to work off a Thanksgiving meal.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stay here, usually during the holidays each year, and have found that this is a great hotel year after year. It is well maintained, and they have redone the eating area/lounge in the lobby recently.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
bconaway, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ashtabula, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for writing a review for our hotel, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again the next time you are in our area!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Excellent service, clean, well maintained. Ease of access from interstate. Only issue regarding location is limited amount of dining facilities with the exception of fast food chains. There are dining facilities that are 8 to 10 miles away off of interstate though.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for filling out a review for The Hampton Inn Ashtabula. I am glad you had a chance to use our pool area and enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We reserved two rooms for Fri. & Sat. night to attend a family wedding. Both rooms were very clean and well appointed (TV was excellent), arrival and departure were easy, complimentary breakfast was a step above a continental breakfast. The pool was nice size and comfortable. I would have preferred if it had a whirlpool. Overall, the experience was very pleasant and the price was very competitive. Also, access off the freeway was easy and signs both on the freeway and off were helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austinburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula
Motel 6 Geneva
Motel 6 Geneva
#1 of 2 in Geneva
Americas Best Value Inn Ashtabula/Austinburg

Been to Hampton Inn Ashtabula? Share your experiences!