“Easy in, quiet, clean enough, easy out.”

Americas Best Value Inn Ashtabula/Austinburg
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Austinburg
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This hotel does the job. Friendly staff, good price, clean bathroom, beds are comfortable, lots of tv channels, carpet ok, A/C just able to cool room, big fridge, mini mic, bathroom exhaust fan weak. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Bill S
austinburgabvi, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ashtabula/Austinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

We are glad that you had the opportunity to stay with us, as we make every effort to accommodate our guests to their satisfaction. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 26 May 2012

The room was your average hotel room with micro and fridge. I was impressed with the cleanliness and the staff was very friendly. I felt the rate was a little high at $71 for this hotel chain, but then again it was memorial day weekend so i'm sure the prices were raised for the weekend. Overall I would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012

We are glad that you had the opportunity to stay with us, as we make every effort to accommodate our guests to their satisfaction. Thank you very much for sharing your comments, please come back and see us again in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I was very surprised with this hotel. My room was *much* nicer than expected, very clean, no strange odors, the bed was more comfortable than my bed at home. The bathroom was also very clean & the shower was of a really good size - usually they are about 1/4 to 1/3 smaller in my experience. My room was nice & quiet and it had a large balcony! The heat/cooling unit was super quiet & worked very well. All the staff I met were all very friendly, professional and helpful. The location is perfect being directly off of Interstate 90. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: There are only 2 floors. I asked for a quiet room & was put in room 226. It was perfect!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

It pleases me to hear good things from great people. Thanks for taking the time to compliment our staff, hospitality and accommodations. Your input is greatly appreciated. We are glad that you had the opportunity to stay with us, as we make every effort to accommodate our guests to their satisfaction. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Keep in mind there are several neat events that go on in our area throughout the year, maybe you will be able to enjoy one of these events as you plan your next visit. www.visitashtabulacounty.com

Reviewed 13 December 2011

Wayside rest for one night. Room was clean, although the hallway smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. Breakfast was minimal, i.e., cereal, bread, coffee, juice. Was hoping to pay less, but we were thankful for a comfortable night's sleep right off the highway.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
austinburgabvi, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ashtabula/Austinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and letting us know where improvement is needed. We appreciate your compliments on how clean your room was and how you slept comfortably. We hope you will stay with us again and let us know what you think about some of the new items we have added to our complimentary continental breakfast.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

booked last minute room...our room was clean but had a strange smell, mold perhaps? the motel itself appears to be dated, worn but the front desk employees were extremely friendly. There was no fridge or microwave in the room but there was a microwave in the lobby and front front desk offered to keep any refrigerated items in their fridge (ahh thanks but no thanks)....all in all a decent room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I was happy to hear we were able to provide hotel accommodations for you on short notice. We hope you will stay with us again and appreciate your kind words about your clean room and our friendly front desk staff. Since your visit we have updated our exterior with new brickwork and vinyl siding. Extra micro/fridges have been purchased and are available upon request. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

We pulled off the interstate at 10:30 at night so all we wanted was a place to sleep. The other places in the area were either full or too expensive. The price was right and the bed was OK, but the room smelled moldy. The shower was set up for a person shorter than 5'.

We paid for a cheap room and we got one. The sleep was fine, but next time we'll pass on by!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your input which helps us continue to improve our business and serve you better. We have recently updated some of our bathrooms and have taken your advice to heighten the shower level. We are thankful you took the opportunity to let us know your point of view and hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

We paid $100 including tax for a non-smoking room with two double beds. We were told it had two queens, but that was not the case. The bed sheets were clean and I checked for any sign of bed bugs - none in sight (whew!). The bathroom was old and stained, but I think clean. Hard to tell sometimes! Carpeting was old and everything smelled of smoke.

As it was July 4th weekend and we were travelling thru on the way home, I think I was lucky to get a room anywhere at all. I believe we got the last room, so when we got there and discovered the room smelled of smoke, although it was supposedly a non-smoking room, I had little hope of a change. I mentioned it to the woman at the desk in the morning and she smiled and said thank you! I asked her if she understood that we had wanted a non-smoking room - and that maybe she should let management know that they should bill that particular room differently. She just kept saying thank you - so very frustrating and annoying.

We did not partake in the free 'breakfast'. It looked pretty paltry - some cereal, coffee, and OJ in a coffee carafe. Eat at Denny's across the street!

So overall you get what you pay for I guess. Although at $89 plus tax, maybe that was even a bit high!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

I recognize that our best advice comes from our customers, and I appreciate the efforts you have made to share your opinion with us. Although we were happy to provide last minute hotel accommodations for you on a holiday, I was sorry to hear that your room smelled of smoke. I sincerely apologize and hope you will call us in advance of your next stay so we can make double sure you receive the true hospitality you deserve. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austinburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula
Motel 6 Geneva
Motel 6 Geneva
#1 of 2 in Geneva
Holiday Inn Express Ashtabula-Geneva

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Ashtabula/Austinburg? Share your experiences!