“Great sleep, smelled good, quiet. Low price.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Austintown
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“Great sleep, smelled good, quiet. Low price.”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Yes, it may not be updated to somewhat picky persons however it is a good quiet sleep. Yes, the TV wasn't the best, no TV scroll either but great tasting coffee in the AM. The room was looking clean. There's minor issues like a little leaky sink faucet over the counter but the sleep was good, great parking and 2 pleasant checkin persons who were very fluent in naturally speaking english. Only ice maker is in front office, theres no clock in room either if little things bother you. no pool w/ meager breakfast you'd expect for a $40. nite.

Room Tip: Always see the room first anywhere.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Middleboro, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This property does not deserve to be called a motel. The room was filthy beyond belief. The sheets and pillow cases were obviously used. The tub had paint peeling off it, The rug had questionable stains on it. Dead bugs were in the light fixtures. There were flies in the room. The stench was unbelievable. We stayed in the room for 1/2 hour and decided to leave. Management refused to refund the $$. Ended up at the Clarion across the highway for only $20 more.

Room Tip: Stay at any other hotel on the planet!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Booked this room in planning to stay for a local dog show. Had my dog with me. Walked into the room and was shocked with how it looked. Big stains on the carpet, sheets with stains and rips in them. Hairs around the bathroom fixtures. Any areas except along the front road were so overgrown with weeds that I would not want to walk my dog there. Old food was along the front of the rooms. I was checking in at 6pm so that should of been cleaned up by then. When I expressed my desire to cancel my reservation for the remaining days, the desk was willing to do so. However, I was still charged at pet fee for the night that I did not stay there, even though I did not walk into the room with my dog. It appears that this establishment did not clean up the room and left dirty/ripped sheets for the dog show weekend. I stay at many places during the course of a year and this by far was the worse that I have experienced both in conditions and in policy.

If anyone wishes to stay here for future dog events, I would think about spending the extra 20-50 dollars per night and stay somewhere else. You will be happy that you did.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Kettering
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We paid $79, for a double on a Tuesday night. This looks like it used to be a Knights Inn, The only good thing about this place is you can still park at your door.The beds we ok, the bathroom very small and there was still someones pajamas hanging on the back of the door from the previous guests. The TV was very old and did not work very well. This place would be ok at $49 a night but is a poor value at $79. It is in a very busy,noisy, high traffic/truck stop area. Lots of choices for rooms here but they are way overpriced as well. The Quality Inn across the turnpike at this exit is probably the best bet here. I didn't personally do the breakfast but my partner said it was cold cereal from Aldi's.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank foto_johnyoc
Boulder Creek, California
Reviewed 3 September 2012

When see the sign for this motel, above it is a large sign for a stripper club. Although the woman at the desk was friendly and nice, the motel was a real pit. I don't know what was on the bottom of the tub but it was gritty and dirty looking. I would never recommend this place to anyone and I could not believe that Hotels.com sent me there!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2012

With two pets traveling with us we ended up spending 100.00 a night to stay in this crappy place. Old tv and every channel was staticy and buzzing to the point it was irretating to even turn it on. Air conditioning stoped working in middle of night so we called front desk and were told pretty much nothing they can do about it. No fridge, no microwave and getting their wireless internet to work and stay connected was hopeless. For the price could have stayed in a much nicer place and will not be back to this dump. Oh yeah forgot to meantion it looks like half the doors in the place have been busted into or raided and you better hope the bathroom tiles don't stick to your feet. High priced crack shack!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I usually have very good luck with any of choice hotels we stay at. This was an exception to the rule. It appeared to be clean? The room smelled like bug spray and bothered my asthma. We stayed since we both could not go any further on our journey without rest. The Airconditioning worked really great. VERY loud trucks all night long, going in and out at the neighboring truck stop, this bothered my husbands rest. We go to Ohio several times a year, will not stay there again. The atmosphere was odd, glad I was traveling with my husband and not my friend. I felt safer. The pool was filled in with huge stones and gravel. I did not even see breakfast or the area that it was to be at.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rockyslope
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austintown
Comfort Inn & Suites Austintown
Sleep Inn
#4 of 7 in Austintown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown
Red Roof Inn Boardman

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!