“Fabulous location and fits in with nature”

Miller Nature Preserve
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Avon
North Ridgeville, Ohio
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fabulous location and fits in with nature”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I took my niece to see the butterfly house and she loved it. She actually started skipping around on the rocks outside and felt special that I took the time to take her there. I hope to visit this place more often seeing that it less than 10 minutes from my house and offers beautiful flora and fauna year round.

Avon, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 170 helpful votes
“Beautiful nature spot in Avon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Well, I should preface this review by saying that I actually was married at the Miller Nature Preserve, so it holds a special place in my heart. That said, I'd visit and come back regardless - it's the area's newest nature reserve and has so much to offer.

There's a huge conservatory with multiple rooms and ecosystems, a butterfly farm, herb garden, rose garden, cafe, gift shop, trails, excellent outdoor patio, and much more. It's still expanding, so I'll be back again and again.

4 Thank JB24003
Cleveland, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“nice viewing of nature”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

stopped in Sunday Sept. 16 and a wonderful time strolling the grounds. Breath taking views and you can walk amongst the butterflies too. A Visitor Center is nestled between trees and the Creek If your into nature - stop in and take your time with nature and all she has to offer.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Turk182
Avon, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great addition to Avon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

It is a jewel in Avon, OH. For only being over a year old, Miller Nature Preserve offers beautiful gardens, a butterfly house (July-early Sept), and the Conservatory. More to come.

2 Thank NanB2010
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
141 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 282 helpful votes
“Exotic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

My garden club took a field trip to the Miller Conservatory this summer and we were astounded that something this exotic exited just 20 minutes away - we didn't have to drive all the way to Cleveland to find a place this beautiful. This small conservatory has an amazing variety of tropical plants, some so big and beautiful, they make you wish you'd brought your camera. And the price - just $2! Adjacent to the conservatory is a nice little cafe and a beautiful outdoor courtyard where you can bring a picnic or get take out from the cafe. I didn't get a chance to visit the nearby butterfly house, but I'll be going back some day soon. And I hear that they are planning to build trails through the park and focus on trees and flowering bushes.

Visited June 2012