“Nice Hotel - And We Are Picky!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon

Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Avon
Ypsilanti
“Nice Hotel - And We Are Picky!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

We stayed on 2/19/13 and enjoyed the hotel. Room was clean, bathroom was clean, bed was comfortable. The bed was a little small for my wife and I so next time I would get a bigger bed.

Pool was a good temperature. Not the biggest but fine for a little relaxing. Great if you have kids. Jacuzzi was nice.

I gave the service average only because we didn't really need any services. Oh, the safe in the room didn't work right but no big deal on this trip.

Nice hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
FFIAvon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank you for your positive review of our Fairfield Inn & Suites in Avon. I hope you will be able to return soon and try out our upgraded breakfast. We recently added scrambled eggs and sausage to our breakfast daily. Please come back and check it out. Thank you again, Mike G.M.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Avon
This review is for a three star hotel and will be compared with other three star properties we have stayed in. The Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott is located in Avon, about 30 miles west of Cleveland.

Rooms:
The room was clean and nice. A little above other three star hotels we have stayed in. The bathroom not that spacious, but okay. We read in hotel reviews that mold had been found in bathrooms, and we also spotted what we believe was mold in parts of the corner in the bathtub. The overall impression of the room was good so we did not pay that much attention to this mold.

Service:
The service distinguished itself. We were greeted by a very service minded and nice front desk lady - Laura. She was very helpful and provided excellent service. The service gave a made us feel very welcome and was a very good start of our stay at Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott.

Location:
As mentioned the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott is located outside of Cleveland. It was a good place for staying a night. There is a restaurant close to the hotel and a McDonald and also a petrol station in the vicinity. We arrived in the evening so we did not explore the area any further. a good stop along the interstate.

The fitness room was good and provided both cardio machine and power machines. There was one treadmill with tv screen and one cardio bike. Modern and good equipment. The fitness room was not that big, but workout went fine. There was a water machine and towls.

Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott was a good three star hotel and provided very good service. The breakfast had a good selection, but did not stand our in any particular way. In order to have a quiet room we can recommend to ask for a room on the "backside" of the hotel.

We can recommend the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FFIAvon, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Thank you for your review. It is good to hear the nice comments regarding our hotel and staff. We understand our location is not extremely busy but for many travelers we are in a great location. We are so glad you made it and enjoyed your stay. - Come see us again soon! Mike, G.M.
ashtabula ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

Stayed several nights, several weeks in a row for business. The rooms were nice and I was able to request the same room for each stay. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, particularly the desk clerks, Carol and Ren. I felt like I was visiting friends rather than staying at a hotel. The continental breakfast was very good and it was very pleasant to be be offered soup and coffee in the evenings.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FFIAvon, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
I appreciate your review of our hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay here and how the staff made you feel welcomed and comfortable. You will want to come and try our newly upgraded breakfast selections next time you are in town. Please come and see us again. -MIke G.M.
Taylors, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

This facility seems to be realtively new and it was very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even though there were two wedding groups, it was still very quiet. The continental breakfast was good and had more variety than most Fairfields. There is a great restaurant next door, Wood and Wine.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FFIAvon, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate the feedback from our guests which allows us to continually improve our product and service. I look forward to seeing you here again in Avon if your travel plans allow. Thanks again. -Mike G.M.
Swartz Creek, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

Ren the Front Desk clerk was very polite, very helpful with area info and was amazing at check-in!
The hotel was very clean and the rooms were very nice. We were only there for the nite but wanted to stay another, felt at home. Once again Ren really started the stay off great with being so helpful and inviting at check-in.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FFIAvon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
I am glad to hear your stay was enjoyable here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Avon. I know it takes time out of your day to write a review on the hotel and I am thankful you did. It means so much to me to hear the great things about Ren and the rest of my staff. Please come back real soon and see us again. -Mike G.M.
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

At my recent stay at this hotel I found the hotel to be very clean and inviting. The amenities an decor were very good. The continental breakfast was very good also. What made the stay the most pleasureable was the staff. Namely a gentleman by the name of Ren. He went out of his way to help with directions to local business's and help with me a few extra things at the hotel. All the satff was great but I believe Ren went above and beyond while I was there.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FFIAvon, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
Thank you so much for the excellent comments. I agree Ren does a very good job for us and always tries to go above and beyond for all our guests. We truly appreciate you and all our guests that take the time to review our hotel. Thank you again for staying with us. -Mike G.M.
Minneapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

This is one of the nicer Fairfield's I have stayed in. The property appears to be relatively new. Room was a decent size and comfortable. It was clean and the staff was friendly.

A couple of issues. First, there is no "store/pantry/basics" area. So if you forgot something or wanted to buy a snack your only option is a vending machine. Second, getting onto the property is a bit of a challenge during rush hour. The main road is a two lane road that seems a little overwhelmed for the traffic. So making a left hand turn into the hotel's driveway can be a challenge. Third, the walls are thin. I've stayed at a lot of hotels, so I realize that sound travels. However, when someone in a nearby room turned on his or her bathtub, I knew it. Not only did I know it, I knew if they were adjusting the hot or cold water. Lucky for me they decided to take a tub at a decent hour.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank xy223yz
FFIAvon, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Avon, Ohio. I agree the entrance can be busy at times but we appreciate your patience and we are glad you made it and stayed with us. If you come stay with us again, please see the front desk if you have forgotten something as we do stock many complimentary items which we would be glad to share with you as well. I apologize there was noise in the room next door. I will forward your comments regarding the temperature to the maintenance department for resolution. Thank you for your comments. Hope to see you again real soon. Mike G.M.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
Cambria Hotel & Suites Avon - Cleveland
Residence Inn Cleveland Avon at The Emerald Event Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland West - Westlake
Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland/Sheffield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elyria

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon? Share your experiences!