“Nice Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Avon
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed here for a quick overnight and it was as expected of a Fairfield Inn. Check in staff was friendly and informative. Drinks and popcorn were available all evening long. Hotel was very quiet. We only saw a few other travelers during our stay. Breakfast was your standard hotel quick buffet. Beds were comfortable and the room clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
FFIAvon, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for the review. I really appreciate it as does my staff. If you are back in the Avon area again, please stop and see us. Thank You.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We just got back from staying here while traveling for the wedding. I enjoyed the cleanliness of the room, but upon further inspection I noticed brown drip stains near the power outlet as well as unidentified stains on the picture above the bed the bed was comfortable but I felt could have had the option of more blankets.

I enjoyed staying here, until I got a knock on the door. It was a hotel employee that wanted to ensure we hadn't left without paying yet. I found the suspicious nature of this hospitality employee a bit unsettling, as though we were imposing on them with our stay. Most importantly since our card had already been charged. At checkout i went to the frpnt desk and was told by the clerk that "everything is completely fine - you didn't have to come here to checkout. You could have just left." She was nice but I can see how this situation would put a black mark on another customers stay. That notwithstanding it seemed a very well run hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank D0m1n1c
FFIAvon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I appreciate the nice comments. It seems like your review was a mixed bag of some good and some not so good. I will look into your situation a little further as I am not aware of any staff member that would present any of our guests with an uncomfortable situation. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at the hotel. Again, we appreciate all feedback from all our guests.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We had been traveling for many hours, I was not feeling well, and searching for a nice hotel that would accomodate the four of us. We had stopped at three different hotels before finding this Fairfield in Avon OH. Laura was at the front desk and was an angel! They were having computer issues for check in and my heart sank that we might have to keep looking. But not only did Laura keep a smile on her face and have a positive attitude, she did everything she could to accomadate us and get us into a room in record time! She was by far one of the nicest people I have encountered at any hotel. She even brought us up a rollaway bed when we found the beds were too small to fit our group of 4. Not only did she get us a rollaway bed, but she brought it up in person, with a smile, and within 5 minutes of us calling! The pool was open late, which was wonderful for my boys, the breakfast was delicious, and the beds comfortable. Thanks, Laura, for saving our night!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl S
FFIAvon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Thank you for the review. I really appreciate it as does my staff. I will forward your nice comments on to Laura and I am sure she will appreciate them so much. If you are back in the Avon area again, please stop and see us. Thank You, Mike G.M.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

We stayed on 2/19/13 and enjoyed the hotel. Room was clean, bathroom was clean, bed was comfortable. The bed was a little small for my wife and I so next time I would get a bigger bed.

Pool was a good temperature. Not the biggest but fine for a little relaxing. Great if you have kids. Jacuzzi was nice.

I gave the service average only because we didn't really need any services. Oh, the safe in the room didn't work right but no big deal on this trip.

Nice hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
FFIAvon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Thank you for your positive review of our Fairfield Inn & Suites in Avon. I hope you will be able to return soon and try out our upgraded breakfast. We recently added scrambled eggs and sausage to our breakfast daily. Please come back and check it out. Thank you again, Mike G.M.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Avon
This review is for a three star hotel and will be compared with other three star properties we have stayed in. The Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott is located in Avon, about 30 miles west of Cleveland.

Rooms:
The room was clean and nice. A little above other three star hotels we have stayed in. The bathroom not that spacious, but okay. We read in hotel reviews that mold had been found in bathrooms, and we also spotted what we believe was mold in parts of the corner in the bathtub. The overall impression of the room was good so we did not pay that much attention to this mold.

Service:
The service distinguished itself. We were greeted by a very service minded and nice front desk lady - Laura. She was very helpful and provided excellent service. The service gave a made us feel very welcome and was a very good start of our stay at Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott.

Location:
As mentioned the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott is located outside of Cleveland. It was a good place for staying a night. There is a restaurant close to the hotel and a McDonald and also a petrol station in the vicinity. We arrived in the evening so we did not explore the area any further. a good stop along the interstate.

The fitness room was good and provided both cardio machine and power machines. There was one treadmill with tv screen and one cardio bike. Modern and good equipment. The fitness room was not that big, but workout went fine. There was a water machine and towls.

Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott was a good three star hotel and provided very good service. The breakfast had a good selection, but did not stand our in any particular way. In order to have a quiet room we can recommend to ask for a room on the "backside" of the hotel.

We can recommend the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
FFIAvon, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Thank you for your review. It is good to hear the nice comments regarding our hotel and staff. We understand our location is not extremely busy but for many travelers we are in a great location. We are so glad you made it and enjoyed your stay. - Come see us again soon! Mike, G.M.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Stayed several nights, several weeks in a row for business. The rooms were nice and I was able to request the same room for each stay. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, particularly the desk clerks, Carol and Ren. I felt like I was visiting friends rather than staying at a hotel. The continental breakfast was very good and it was very pleasant to be be offered soup and coffee in the evenings.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
FFIAvon, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

I appreciate your review of our hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay here and how the staff made you feel welcomed and comfortable. You will want to come and try our newly upgraded breakfast selections next time you are in town. Please come and see us again. -MIke G.M.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

This facility seems to be realtively new and it was very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even though there were two wedding groups, it was still very quiet. The continental breakfast was good and had more variety than most Fairfields. There is a great restaurant next door, Wood and Wine.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
FFIAvon, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate the feedback from our guests which allows us to continually improve our product and service. I look forward to seeing you here again in Avon if your travel plans allow. Thanks again. -Mike G.M.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
Cambria Hotel & Suites Avon - Cleveland
Residence Inn by Marriott Cleveland Avon at The Emerald Event Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Avon
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis West
Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis/Brownsburg
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 2 in Avon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon? Share your experiences!