“Expected better”

Bubba's-Q
Ranked #7 of 70 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Avon, O
“Expected better”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We heard pros and cons but decided to determine for ourselves.
Although the staff was pleasant the evening was more 'waiting' than anything.
The food was average and the spice on the ribs was nice, however, the ribs were dry and nothing to write home about. The higher prices were not reflected in meal.

We really 'wanted' this to be a better experience, but, we cannot recommend and have no plans to return. ...wish it lived up to the hype...

• Visited October 2013

Canada
“Not impressed at all!!!!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We are planning our son's graduation party. I was considering ordering from Bubba's - so I figured we should try it first.... First time = Last time.
Seriously overpriced for what you get!!!
Half slab at 17.99$ or full slap at 27.99$ for ribs.... I suddenly missed Tony Romas!
As we walked in, I mentioned we were looking to cater a party of over 100 guests. At no time did someone come to ask or suggest anything (I was given a catering menu - which by the way is the same prices are ordering at the restaurant????). Service was ordinary (well below Jakes on the Lake or BWW's....). The table was sticky - the place felt dirty.
The food was good but nothing extraordinary. At that price level, I will go back to The Strip in Avon on any given day! What a disappointing experience! (and no - we will not be catering our event with Bubba's!!!!)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank UnVentdeFolie
Rocky River, Ohio
“Yummy food”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I love the food at this place it is always so good. The sweet potato fries were very good. There was only one thing missing from the menu this time and that was the collard greens. Wish they would add them back.

• Visited May 2014
SALINE
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

First time here. Wasn't busy, and seated pretty fast. But after that, the service was slow. The server seemed to be overwhelmed with too many to serve at once. She was nice, and was good at what she did, but... Anyway, the food was top-notch! I split a full rack of baby backs and an order of brisket between 2 people. Both offerings were great, especially the ribs! The bark from the smoked ribs were some of the best I've ever had. Very tender and fall-off the bone delicious!
The others in our group loved the Pulled Pork sandwich and Pulled Chicken too. The sides were good, but nothing to get excited about.
Overall, I would definitely go back for the BBQ, and hope the service gets better.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Michiganuncledoug
Avon Lake, Ohio
“Not worth your time or money”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I hate to write a bad review of this restaurant because when they first opened, they were top notch. The owner was always on-site, the food was delicious, and the service was fantastic. Fast forward about 6 years and nothing is the same. The owner has basically passed the reins to his children, he is never present anymore, and the restaurant seems like more of a hang out place for the mostly teenage staff, who are always changing. It's nearly impossible to get things you need such as drink refills, extra plates or take out containers, or even your bill. The food is not consistent. Sometimes your meal is delicious but more often it's mediocre at best. They also offer catering but good luck getting a quote. I attempted to get in touch with them last summer to cater a family reunion; I tried calling and emailing multiple times and never received a reply. Their prices are too high for a less than stellar dining experience. If you're really in the mood for barbecue, take the extra time to drive to The Pit (Vermilion, OH) or Moosehead (Amherst, OH).

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Kristen C

Been to Bubba's-Q? Share your experiences!