“Our "GO TO" Place”

Ranked #41 of 67 Restaurants in Avon
Price range: US$5 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Quaint Bistro Dinning Experience Serving Lunch Dinner and Sunday Brunch. Offer Events such as Wine Tastings and High Tea. Cottage Garden Patio Seating weather permitting. Restaurant with Tearoom and Gift Shop
Cleveland, Ohio
“Our "GO TO" Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

More times than not, when we go to Avon, Ohio, we stop at the Vintage House Cafe for lunch and/or dinner. In the summer the back patio is wonderful, so quiet and peaceful. The food is excellent as is the staff, atmosphere and the little shop and tea room upstairs. We are never disappointed.

Visited November 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome lunch on a rainy day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stopped into the Vintage House on a rainy day this spring, and got a really warm welcome from our travels. I was starved from the long morning, and was pumped at the red pepper bisque. Just what I needed along with a tasty latte to get me warmed up!

My lunch was a burger and my buddy had a strawberry salad. Excellent version of a double decker with the Smitty Boy. Not super huge- just the right size to fill me up. Salad was fresh and crisp with a terrific dressing.

We both commented on how friendly the staff was and in how quick our waitress was to take care of us. Truly service with a smile, and priced what I would have expected.

Don't forget dessert. I had a simple cheesecake (shared) but they have some decadent stuff too.

Nice straightforward cafe atmosphere. Super clean. Well maintained. While I don't live nearby, they had a nice lunch crowd so I felt we made a good choice.

Give it a try! I'm sure you'll be happy.

1 Thank TalkingHeads
Oberlin, Ohio
“Needs to try Harder”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Needs to change with times. I've been eating this food for the last 50 years.

Bay Village
“Prices High Mediocore at best Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Wanted to give this place a try for awhile - we were shopping at Avon Commons and thought - lets give it a whirl. Sort of cut concept - teas, little gift shop. We went at 1 p.m. on a Sunday. They have a brunch - there were two other tables dining - that was it. That scared me a bit - but though - eh - try it anyway. Sorry we did and we won't go back. We ordered off the menu vs. the buffet. We both had a salad. I had the salmon salad - $13.00 - supposed to be a lime or lemon somthing salmon salad - the salmon was fatty, cheap piece of fish. The toppings on the salad were cheap, minimal and tasteless - the lettuce itself tasted like "dirt" with every other bite. Service was good - but ate less than half of my salad - the owner came over and asked me if I wanted to take it home - I said no thank you - she asked if I like it - I commented with a mono tone response "it was alright" and she walked away with my plate - not another word. Super expensive for the quality. The tables were like cheap diner tables. For the prices they charge - the food should be WAY better and the atmosphere should promote a more comfortable tone. I could have the same flavor food from Denny's. Won't be returning.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Sheri P
North Ridgeville, Ohio
“Cute place, but prices are high.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

My Mom was dying to try this place--just the name sounded so cute and it is close to many shops, so it was a perfect choice for our afternoon. The building itself has ample parking and the facility is very cute--girlie decorations, pretty accessories, and a nice menu. We were surprised at how much the food cost, however. We went for lunch and I felt like I could only get certain things. It wasn't outrageous, but it was certainly more than what we had thought it would be. The service was good, at the time we went there were only three other parties dining. Overall, a nice place, but we will not go back again unless they had a stellar coupon or something.

• Visited September 2010