“Not good”

Vintage House Cafe
Ranked #42 of 69 Restaurants in Avon
Price range: US$5 - US$28
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Quaint Bistro Dinning Experience Serving Lunch Dinner and Sunday Brunch. Offer Events such as Wine Tastings and High Tea. Cottage Garden Patio Seating weather permitting. Restaurant with Tearoom and Gift Shop
Elyria, Ohio
“Not good”
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

I had steak and it was not good at all. I have tried other things here just can't get into the food. Prices are good just not the food!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank figureskater219

Cleveland, Ohio
“Very pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Have been here a few times and would gladly return. Food and service have always been good but a bit more pricey than I thought reasonable. Rather smallish and not real great for conversations. Would like to try their prime rib night but it just hasn't been convenient..

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank FJBCleveland_Ohio
“Underwhelmed for a pricey Lunch”
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

Went with mother, I hot a spinach strawberry salad with grilled chicken $14. Chicken was borderline dry and very little flavor. The salad was fresh and tasty. My mom didn't fair as well with a quiche that looked like yesterday's leftovers heated in a microwave with a slab of Kraft American Cheese. She did enjoy the wedding soup in a tiny cup size which she asked for more instead of a replacement quiche.

1 Thank venaniece
Cleveland, Ohio
“Our "GO TO" Place”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

More times than not, when we go to Avon, Ohio, we stop at the Vintage House Cafe for lunch and/or dinner. In the summer the back patio is wonderful, so quiet and peaceful. The food is excellent as is the staff, atmosphere and the little shop and tea room upstairs. We are never disappointed.

Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome lunch on a rainy day!”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stopped into the Vintage House on a rainy day this spring, and got a really warm welcome from our travels. I was starved from the long morning, and was pumped at the red pepper bisque. Just what I needed along with a tasty latte to get me warmed up!

My lunch was a burger and my buddy had a strawberry salad. Excellent version of a double decker with the Smitty Boy. Not super huge- just the right size to fill me up. Salad was fresh and crisp with a terrific dressing.

We both commented on how friendly the staff was and in how quick our waitress was to take care of us. Truly service with a smile, and priced what I would have expected.

Don't forget dessert. I had a simple cheesecake (shared) but they have some decadent stuff too.

Nice straightforward cafe atmosphere. Super clean. Well maintained. While I don't live nearby, they had a nice lunch crowd so I felt we made a good choice.

Give it a try! I'm sure you'll be happy.

1 Thank TalkingHeads