“LOVE this place - try the gryo platter!”

Athena's Deli & Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 49 Restaurants in Avon Lake
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Cleveland
“LOVE this place - try the gryo platter!”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

SO friendly! The food is always so satisfying - especially the tempting deserts. I always go for a gyro sandwich or gyro platter because it tastes authentic and is just so good. The prices are so affordable, and it has a happy, diner feel to it.

• Visited November 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“Super friendly, good food, refrigerator full of cakes & pies!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Saturday afternoon, 2pm. Place was pretty full. Food on tables looked great. My husband loved his huge Reuben and fries -- I love his fries too -- crispy! I had BLT and cole slaw. Slaw was very fresh, BLT had lots o' bacon, but didn't come on the sourdough bread as advertised (instead it came on white sandwich bread which didn't hold up well). Two waters. Tab came to $17.44.>>>>Service was fast--great seasoned waitress and food came out SUPER fast. I was really surprised at how fast the food came out.>>>>The drop ceiling tiles need to be replaced and it's is somewhat dark inside. Jewel-tone décor is outdated. However, there's a refrigerator case with gorgeous cakes and pies!!! Wish I room in my tummy to try one, but the lunch portions were large and tasty, so I was full.>>>>Clean restrooms.>>>>This area is short on good restaurants, so this is a good pick if you're in the area. Will eat there again. Thanks so much!

• Visited November 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Mom and Pop sort of Place”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I'm surprised by some of the low reviews for this place. I went a few weeks ago and thought it was really good. Good amount of food for good prices. I went before flying out of Cleveland last week and the amount of food I got was good enough for 2 people. It reminds me of a little mom and pop sort of place. The food is good and they had some new menu items if you're a regular. Good service, nice staff and very clean. A good place to go with family, small kids etc. A good go to restaurant if I'm in the area again!

• Visited March 2013
Sheffield Lake, Ohio
“ok”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

very rude servers, not very clean. Servers act as though they don't want to take the time to take your order.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank debiT5
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgust”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The corned beef and hash is disgusting , it's not even real corn beef its the corn beef in a can and my eggs were raw . I'll never go there again it should be closed Down

1 Thank Cornbeefhash420