“cockroach infested, dirty” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Ada
Bartlesville
“cockroach infested, dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

Recently, my mother died. I spent 2 nights at the Quality Inn in Ada, OK. I rented a total of 4 rooms for family, and I rented a conference room for the reception following the funeral.
* I changed rooms one time because of cock roach crawling on my arm in middle of nite, and the next nite in a different room, same situation, cockroach crawled on my arm while in bed. Room 214 and 130.
* The carpet was stained as well as the fabric on the chairs and it looked like the rooms had not been vaccumed
* There was a malfunctioning air conditioner in one of the other rooms, I believe it was 121 or 123.
* My sister and her husband were in room 112 the second night - - ants, roaches and bad smell in room. My sister paid one of the housekeepers to clean her room again and spray for odor
* Conference room i rented for reception was littered with dead cockroaches along the walls (many cockroaches). This was sickening and embarrassing. LOST MY APPETITE QUICKLY
* Very slow service at the front desk and majority of keys for rooms did not work and had to be reprogrammed and some still would not work.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank sallenrnmsm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tulsa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

The wireless internet wouldn't connect, the desk referred me to the provider who couldn't make it work; try again every 10 min. Remote didn't work, desk was unresponsive. Decent room, slack breakfast.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Flatfoot49

Travellers are raving about these Ada hotels

CALIFORNIA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

I had stayed at this hotel a few years back, with no problems. I stayed one night with carry on luggage. My room rate was AAA$71.00. My visa was charged $174,22. The mgr. Junior Ean cahrged my visa for taking one plastic try as well as two items he has not identified, resulting in a charge of $174.22 to my visa card.
He has and will not take my call, I did however get an e-mail:"This letter represents a 50% discount off my next stay, subject to availability. "There's no excuse for anything less than complete satisfaction."
I have contacted Choice Hotels International; "we hope you will view this as an isolated incident" I also filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau, assigned case # 16026292, case forwarded to the buisness for their response.
I spoke with Anne at the Chamber of Com, @ 580-332-2506 as well as Jennifer at the City Planning Department.@ 580-405-474-0511. I was given the owner's name and phone # in Texas ,Borin Ean @ 214-906-4351, I phoned with out a return call to address this matter.
At this time I feel The Quality Inn in Ada, Oklahoma shoule pay for my stay as well as:"thing's I did not take from the room."
"REASONS NOT TO STAY" you are welcome to read the above.
I flew in from California for ONE Night. I am now daily dealing with, no replay's, nor any direction to be refunded.
I would not stay there for any reason.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank TBUGCalifornia
oklahoma city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2009

i think this hotel may be a few years!!! old but has been kept up 9 of us on this trip all rooms were clean and made every day has a wonderful pool and a great courtyard the staff are very nice and made us feel like it was a 5 star hotel the breakfast was to die for it was a hot meal we were happy to be there guest thanks quality in of ada and staff brad kris mark josh

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
ardmore, oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2008

Recently my family member had their wedding reception in the social hall of this hotel. Everything was very nicely arranged and much to the family's liking. However, once the reception began I noticed just how lo quality this place really is. Josh, behind the front desk, was busy watching tv while my family scurried about trying to make last minute adjustments and help guests book rooms. After being asked several times whether or not guests of the reception were allowed to swim in the pool, he continued to shrug his shoulders and say that they weren't covered by the hotel's insurance, but that if they were going to make such a big deal about it that they could swim. Fifteen minutes later Josh demanded that the guests leave the pool and when one elderly lady asked him why and displayed her disgust with his performance in a very calm manner, Josh felt it neccessary to report her to the police claiming that she was "irrate and had been drinking". The manager of the hotel was not much of a step up to deal with and took Josh's side blindly, claiming that the guests were bombarding him with questions and complaints, not allowing him to do his job, and being out of line. Well I'm sorry, but if complaining, questioning customers are to be dealt with in such an unprofessional, immature way then I see a great lack of "quality" in the performance of this hotel's staff.

• Liked — The TV in the main lobby
  • Disliked — Josh
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank b_e_h04
MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2007

1. Rooms were dirty. First room had bugs that kept us up all night. Was subsequently given a room that had unmade beds, Third room was ok. But still did not feel very clean. Felt bathrooms are filthy.
2. We came back to the room one afternoon and found the door had been left open by cleaning person. (the bar had been flipped open to keep door from shutting and locking) We had double checked prior to leaving that morning making it sure it was locked.
3. Water was shut off one morning, so not able to take showers. When we called the front desk were told they would call maintenence, someone came up and showed my son how to turn water on and off for cold and hot (he's 20). Only later to find out the water had been turned off my maintenence. I feel there is some way guests could have been alerted so we could plan around.

We were there planning a funeral and I feel the experience at the hotel only added to the stress and frustration level of the situation.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank travelers07Mn
Bartlesville, OK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2007

“Low” Quality Inn

We had reservations for three for a room with two queen beds but when we got there we had been given a room with a full size bed and a rollaway bed. I had to spend two nights sleeping on the rollaway. They had no more rooms for us and every other hotel in town was booked for a local event. We had no choice but to stay. The rollaway bed was like sleeping on chains. My back hurts! There was something sticky on the sheets and the chairs were stained. One chair was about to fall apart if you sat in it. The toilet paper holder was coming out of the wall. The towels had a bad bleach smell and now my wife’s eyes hurt and I have some rash areas on me. The pillow I slept on had a musty smell. Trains go right by this hotel about every hour all night long. They did not have a continental breakfast and only offered three dollars off breakfast per room at their restaurant. It took some people that we know one hour to be served. One of the mornings I had no hot water for a shower. The bottom sheets on the bed were not fitted sheets but were just flat sheets wrapped around the mattress so they would bunch up and come off as you tried to sleep. This was like a $19.99 hotel but we paid $95.00 per night for this room.

• Liked — It was the only room avalible in the town that night.
  • Disliked — I had to sleep on a rollaway bed.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank boomerang_man