“Nice lodging for this region”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Altus
Vermont
“Nice lodging for this region”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I enjoyed my stay while working in the area. The rooms was quiet, nicely furnished with good workspace. Refrigerator and microwave in the room. Good value booked from an opaque site. Breakfast was above the average in choices - eggs, bacon, pancakes, cereal. Guest laundry. Staff were very helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mt Holly, NJ
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Comfortable hotel, easy location; but, best attribute is customer service. The reception staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and special, like you're the most important person ever. The maid service is over the top wonderful and very customer focused. The breakfast is good with a nice variety; and, the fresh hot cookies in the afternoon/evening round out the day.

Room Tip: We usually choose a room on an upper floor away from the elevator
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed 11 February 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. The only problem was the heated pool and pool room were cold. Thermostat in pool room was set at 68 degrees and desk clerk couldn't change it. My great-granddaughter was very disappointed with that but loved the rest of the stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank traveler_51191
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My last visit wasn't a great experience as you can read in my previous review due to the pet issue. However I was traveling solo this time and was looking for an alternative to the Best Western which has just become too far past it's prime to stay there anymore. I booked a room on line for Jan 11-13th. Check in was fine. My room was clean and away from the elevators as requested. All in all the stay met my expectations. I will stay there again when not traveling with my Yorkie. One note, and it may not apply to every room, but each pillow is labeled on the pillow case soft or hard. I think over time it's lost it's accuracy as none of the four pillows I had available to me were close to soft, which led to some neck soreness in the morning. In retrospect I should have attempted to resolve it with a phone call. Just be aware and exchange them if you feel they aren't as lableled.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the elevator can be noisy
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I travel to Altus several times a year. Hotel is great. Staff is very accomodating. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Altus. I am a Platinum Club member and I always get an upgrade. Shawn, the front desk clerk is extremely helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Mt Holly, NJ
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Visiting family in Altus, OK, my wife and I selected to stay at this hotel. Location was perfect to get downtown, but far enough out to miss traffic. Service was exceptional from check-in to check-out. Entire staff friendly and genuinely concerned about each guest; wishing us a terrific day as we depart and greeting us every time we returned. Breakfast was filling-no dried out or packaged continental breakfast rolls and food was turned over to avoid getting stale. Coffee, tea and cookies greeted us each evening-even though we disn't need a snack. The bed was extra comfortable and room was spacious and very clean. Altus is a tiny town in southern part of OK just northwest of Fort Worth, TX. One would think such a small town would hold only small cheap hotels, no matter the brand. However, Holiday Inn placed a jewel of a hotel there. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Loved every thing except the terribly hard bed. Like sleeping on a rock.
The staff was awesome.
Wished that you had turkey sausage or bacon on the breakfast buffet, as I don't eat pork.
The location was close to the hospital that my father was in.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altus
Hampton Inn & Suites Altus
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus
Days Inn Altus
Days Inn Altus
#3 of 7 in Altus
Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus? Share your experiences!