“Good BBQ with few alternatives”
Review of Billy Sims BBQ

Billy Sims BBQ
Ranked #11 of 57 Restaurants in Altus
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Billy Sims Barbecue specializes in traditional backyard barbecue, serving smoked meats such as: brisket, pulled pork, polish sausage, hot links, bologna, St. Louis style ribs, and boneless chicken and turkey. We serve the highest quality meats and sides in a casual atmosphere that celebrates the career triumphs of 1978 Heisman, Billy Sims. Our meats are smoked fresh daily at every location using seasoned pecan wood for the perfect combination of heat and smoke. Come visit us for great, award winning barbecue!
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Billy Sims BBQ is quite good, especially for Altus, OK. Have had the pulled pork sandwich, as well as the brisket sandwich for lunches. There really is no comparison in town to this type of food, so Billy Sims takes the Gold. Have not eaten for dinner, but the menu is very reasonably priced and the selection is good. Lunch is typically $9.50 if you get a sandwich, side, and refillable fountain drink.

1  Thank DarwynK

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Awesome ribs & pulled pork! My mouth has been watering for good bbq, and I found it!!
They also had really hot link sausage, brisket, chicken and the beans are yummy!!
This was our second visit to this location and we will be back!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Great variety and good boomerQ. I really enjoyed the chili! Not so much the bologna, but I am willing to give it another try.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Through no fault of this Billy Sims' own, this is the best place to eat in this lame town. I say that because most, if not all, towns/ cities' best place to eat should be a local, well-established (perhaps even mom & pop) place, NOT a chain. However, in this case, Billy Sims has done a heckuva job of out-cooking the competition in Altus. The menu is expansive and while the prices can quickly climb (especially if you go there with family), it is worth it in the end. The ribs are every bit of fall-off-the-bone and the sides are great; the beans are my personal favorite. If you're in Altus and you've never been to a Billy Sims or are just looking for the best place in town, stop here.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

I was anxious to try Billy Simms based on other reviews posted here. It is new since my last Altus visit, 2 years ago. I was disappointed, but will say other reviewers comments must be based on the dearth of eating establishments in Altus, rather than a comparison of restaurants across the board.

The BBQ is very good, the wait staff friendly and let us sample several meats while deciding what to order.

But you stand in line to order, seat yourself and chow down. The ambience is OU and Detroit Lions football circa 1985 when Simms retired from the game. I liked the place, but before going there, you need to know what to expect.

They do have sweet tea, something I sorely missed at the restaurants in the Caribbean.