“Can't be beat for regular dinners”

Val's It's About Time
Ranked #40 of 56 Restaurants in Altus
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
World travler
“Can't be beat for regular dinners”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

I eat at Val's about 2-3 times a month. Service is always good, food is consistent and above average. Salads are fresh and atmosphere is cool. Always something to look at.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Frank P

Lyon, France
“Quality has decreased”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

I used to frequent this establishment and always enjoyed it. I guess I've been spoiled by my travels and this establishment has become victim of the times. The food itself, is average, lacks the freshly prepared taste I remember. They have increased the selection of fries that they offer so that is a plus. I usually order the fireman's special, chicken, ham, cheese, and bbq sauce. It was okay, not as good as I remember and I was really hungry this night and that usually makes things taste so much better. The drinks are basic. We ordered Shiner and kept it simple. The knowledge of the bar staff has always been subpar from my experiences. Overall, this is a good place to hangout with some friends, the staff is generally friendly but some lack attentiveness. You are very limited to good eating establishments in this town and this place is better than Applebee's. Which is not saying much but saying enough.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank flaneur99
Altus, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“love to sing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

good prices on food i love the monday nite cheese burgers with fries for only 2.99 I just wish that you didn't have to charge for kids drinks

Visited December 2012
SW Oklahoma
“Not as good as it used to be...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Times change and so has Val's. We've eaten here since we were in high school. The food was sooo good back then. Now it is hit or miss. Sometimes it's great, other times it's so slow and not good. I recommend the Deluxe nachos as a meal. Or the bbq sandwich. The chicken fried steak is ok....not anything to write home about

Visited November 2012
Wichita, Kansas
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

The food is almost always great. The drinks typically could use some work. The service is hit and miss. The ambience is great with outdoor seating.

Visited May 2012