“Great little hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Altus
Springfield, Missouri
“Great little hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

My son is stationed at Altus AFB so my wife and I travel as often as possible to Altus. Before we had always stayed at the Hampton but the $100+ per night was getting in my pocket. I am not a real fan of Microtel due to some of the owners, but thought we would give this one a try. SURPRISE, the rooms are clean, the staff is great and even the little breakfast in the morning is good. We just spent 5 nights over Christmas and they even knew my name. Will be back next chance we get.

Room Tip: Try the chicken fried steak on Fred's value menu, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

The problem with the Altus Microtel and suites started as I was getting out of the shower. I couldnt find a hair dryer. I called the front desk and they advised me they had one at the front desk. Sooooooo I dryed off got dressed went to the front desk and they informed they had no hair dryer and I should read their web site. Not happy at this point!!!!!!!!!! So I read there web site and it says there are hair dryers available upon request. I advised the front desk on the wording of there web site and proceeded to Wal Mart where I bought the cheapest hair dryer they had ($15.00). I presented the reciept and hair dryer at the frint desk for repayment....they refused. I left the hair dryer and asked the manager to call me ask I was in town till 3PM NO PHONE CALL. I wont be staying at Microtel (& Suites) again. At least not in Altus OK

Room Tip: Dont go very discourtious
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank robertdana1

Travellers are raving about these Altus hotels

Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

This Microtel looks spanking new outside and in, and the room did not disappoint us. The queen bed was the best we have slept on in two weeks on the road. The desk was well lighted and had easily accessible outlets. Internet, both wired and wireless, was fast: about 2Mbps. The breakfast was standard Microtel: waffle machine, cereals, juice, coffee, and pastries.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JollyMan8
Altus, OK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

Stayed here twice just as a get away with my wife back in 2008 2009. liked it, no problems. Clean very very comfortable beds Quiet, not bad at all. Price a little high for what you get. Rooms are sparce \small but clean.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Stillwater, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

This is a no frills Motel, but it is very clean, very nice staff and the rooms are large for an economy motel breakfast is basic but very good. The bed is super comfortable. so I stay here often. I left some equipment behind one weekend and they found it and kept it safe until I returned a few weeks later.

Room Tip: Just like everywhere else in OK stay on the northside during summer, southside during winter Air-co...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
mattoon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

Be aware of extra fees and no willingness to make them reasinable. The manager (Patricia) would not even call me back, instead spoke through another employee. I would highly recommend not staying at this property or atleast get everything in writing. I was stuck with a non refundable room for my mother and aunt and had to pay alot extra after the fact for two beds intead of one. They got me for an additional $20.00 per night almost. I could have had a much better hotel for that up front. My lesson learned, just trying to save you the same problems.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank prs108
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2011

I booked a room through Priceline and ended up at Microtel. After arguing with Priceline for 40 minutes over the fact they were charging me more than the hotel website I got no where and decided to make the most of it.
When we arrived at Microtel the front desk person kept stating that Priceline had booked my room wrong and after several minutes of arguing with her, she finally gave us the 2 beds we were asking for since "they have nothing but problems with Priceline".
The hotel itself... a pipe had burst so they had torn out the carpet and the entire place smelled moldy. The breakfast was basic...oatmeal, waffles, cereal, and the coffee was horrid. On the bright side- the rooms were clean and spacious, the beds were comfortable and we actually slept quite well. We only stayed at Microtel the first night, the second night we moved to the Hampton Inn. Overall Microtel was very very basic but the room made it tolerable.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family