“Great property”

Hampton Inn & Suites Altus
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Altus
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We came to visit our daughter and son in law who are on assignment at the air base. They have their mini doxie with them and it was wonderful to see Chloe!!! Our kids are stationed in Tacoma so we couldn't wait to fly to se them! We were welcomed right away to fresh ice tea and cookies and then up to a large room with king bed! Very very clean!! Great Internet! The best....breakfast!!! In all of our travels, we have never had such a great breakfast! Randy greeted us and knew we must be the parents!!! He keeps everything fresh!!! Each day is a different selection, and if you don't have time to eat they have to go bags for you! There is a large indoor pool and also a gym area. There is an Applebee's next door but we sought out the local food! Front desk clerks always greeted us and of course Chloe got treats! Thank you for taking great care of us!! We appreciate the care you are giving our family while they are still with you for a few more weeks!

Room Tip: Ground floor has larger suites!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank crisndeefromde
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Altus, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

Thanks for leting us be a part of your family reunion, and for taking the time to write and post your review. Your happiness was contagious and spread throughout the hotel while you were here. Randy is terrific and inspires all of us to do our best every day, with every guest. I'll be sure he receives the positive recognition he deserves for being mentioned here by you. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Ive stayed at other hotels in Altus for the military and it's nice to have a modern, up to date hotel finally. This stay was for over 4 weeks and we enjoyed all of it. The free breakfasts were quite good and they even offered almond milk as I am lactose intolerant. The rooms are always clean and fresh and the grounds are well maintained.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DarwynK

Thank you for your service to our country, and for sharing comments about your lengthy stay with us. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide, and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Altus.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Wonderful hotel, we were in Altus for training for the Air Force and needed a hotel room last minute that would accommodate our large yellow lab. Not only did they make sure to give us a ground level room near a side door we weren't charged an outrageous pet deposit fee. The room was large and very clean, the tv was nice and FREE WIFI!!! The blanket was all white something I prefer so much easier to notice stains. They also had a nice amount of grass outside for us to take our dog and walk around. Something that would be really nice is if they installed a station that held doggie poop bags, but the lady at the front desk gave us some small trash bags.
When I called the front desk with a question I was put on hold for about a minute but the lady was very apologetic when she came back.
Enjoyed our stay and will recommend it to anyone else passing through!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Amje2010
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you for making your very first TA review about your experiences during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you were happy with your decion to stay with us, and that your four legged furry family member liked it here, too. I hope we can welcome you all back the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

As a travel agency/agent owner who travels quite frequently this is by far one of the best Hampton Inn and Suites I've stayed at. I used to stay at Hamptons before but had problems and issues and decided to give them a try again. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel in the middle of nowhere. My father a previous hotel general manager even commented that it was a great hotel and he was impressed. The service was great and the recommendations by the desk staff were spot on for dinner. They were friendly and inviting at reception and the rooms were very nice.

Cons: I thought the shower/bath combo was a little smaller than usual. The bathroom door impedes onto the toilet but this seems to be an issue with most of the hotels lately. Some design genius probably came up with that to save space and didn't realize that it's more of a hinderance.

I guess from what I gather my father left his blue jeans in his room and he's been fussing about it every since. LOL Ha Ha If you have them and could please send them back contact me for the mailing address.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank OCALAFLORIDATRAVELER
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

I am so glad you and your father regained your faith in the Hampton brand after your stay with us. Thank you very much for giving us a try, and for sharing your experience here. We have been in touch with you directly to get the jeans back to you, and hope you will let us know if there is anything further we can do for you. We are pleased to welcome you back to Hampton, and hope to see you again the next time you are here in Altus.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

My high school reunion class was gathering at the Hampton. We made our reservations approximately two months in advance, and wound up with a room on the third floor at the far end of the hall. The rest of my class wound up with better rooms on the first floor. It appears that if you make your reservations earlier the front desk feels they have you locked in, and sticks you away in a corner to save the more desirable rooms for later arrivals.

Also, there was no baggage cart available, and we had to wait a while for the front desk person to find the cart and bring it down. The front desk was not that busy at the time.

Room Tip: Book in person, not on the internet, and ask for a ground floor if you want one
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Altus, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

I am very sorry that you were not happy with your accommodations or service here during your recent visit, and hope you will accept my sincere apologies. We do try to fulfill all guest room type requests whenever possible, but can not guarantee room location prior to arrival, due to availability and other factors. I know you have had further direct contact with us and appreciate your understanding, and your loyalty to the Hampton brand. We hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I am part of HHonor and has stayed at many Hilton's facilities around the world. This Hampton Inn at Altus is one of the nicer hotel in Altus. However, service is hit or miss. I have been staying here for business purpose quite a few times a year. There are times that they have great front desk service (check in) or cold, "not so care" kind of attitude. Being HHonor member, they do not usually recognize of give anything special. When compare to other Hilton hotels, this place definitely needs more training of the staff. They rarely ask me or show me where the pool, business center or the gym is. Reading other review, there are times that the staff will be on the phone and ignore customers.
Room, fairly clean, however, there are a few of the rooms has major cracks on the side walls of the shower. Internet service is free, however, can improve with speed. Breakfast service is great, standard with Hampton Inn. There is alos Holiday Inn express in town that has also comparable service, so sometimes, i do stay there instead of the Hampton Inn.
Being all that, this is one of the better hotel to stay in Altus.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Run_ar0und
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Altus, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton brand, and for your many visits to our property. I am sorry you have been disappointed with us, and will use your comments in discussions and training to improve our service and emphasize the need for everyone to make sure that every guest interaction is positive. I hope you will give us another chance to impress you with and that you will be pleased with the changes you see. Please feel free to email me directly at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com if you would like to discuss this further.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed here for about 6 weeks in the spring of 2012, and have almost no complaints. The staff are friendly and helpful, especially housekeeping. The complimentary breakfast is a major plus, making hotel living a little easier to handle. I guess I can't really complain about the wireless internet, as it is complimentary, however it is almost as slow as dialup. Surfing the web, uploading documents, streaming video are all very slow and frustrating. The "local" network channels on the TV are also very grainy and the quality leaves something to be desired.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Altus, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your comments. I am sorry you were frustrated with the internet & television here - we have planned an upgrade for both systems to occur before the end of June. I hope you will be pleased with the improvements during future visits.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Altus
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus
Days Inn Altus
Days Inn Altus
#2 of 7 in Altus
Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Altus? Share your experiences!