“Everything, but the pool!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Altus
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Altus
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Everything, but the pool!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was a great hotel and the staff were excellent. We brought 2 children and every day (at the very tasty and well stocked breakfast) they brought around a basket of small toys for them to choose from. The rooms were clean and well taken care of. In fact, the only issue we had was that the pool's thermostat was broken and so it was unusable for the duration of our stay. It's also out of town, if that's of interest to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms to the east have a "city" and "mountain" view ;-)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Altus, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Caolon,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your nice review about your experience here. I'm very sorry that the pool was out of order during your visit, and appreciate your understanding. The repairs should be completed shortly. It is always gratifying to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you here again.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
othello, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Our stay at the Hampton Inn was good. Initially, they had us on the 2nd floor, in a room with a regular tub. I had specifically requested a room with a wheelchair accessible shower or tub as my mother is full time wheelchair bound and can only transfer with assistance. Jessica and Maddie took care of the problem immediately. Later that evening, the toilet did not flush and I went to the front desk. The clerk came with a plunger and took care of the problem. On our 3rd night, a yappy dog barked off and on for several hours next door or across the hall. I finally heard two voices in the hall say, "Here it is. Knocking on the door, then the yapping ceased." We enjoyed the breakfast, the pool and hot tub were great, and when I needed to print my boarding passes for the flight home, I was directed to the business center where I was able to print my documents. We would definitely stay at the Altus Hampton Inn again. Your employees treated us well. They have the attitude of service first and money follows. It is true. Thank you.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Altus, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Quinton B,

Thank you so much for your review---we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff members aim to do anything in their power to fulfill our guests’ needs, as our guests' comfort and safety are the reason we are here. We value your business and your input, and really appreciate your recommendation. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel was clean, very comfortable, and had outstanding service. The pool and business center were great. The complimentary breakfast was great. I would stay here again! I am new to Hampton Inn. Great value for a very comfortable,clean place to stay. Thanks Hampton Inn. Service was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Food was left in the fridge from the previous person. This made me question if the room was really clean. There was a loud machine type noise all night. Needless to say not a very good nights sleep. Best part of the stay was the breakfast in the morning.

1 Thank Michele M
Dear Michelle M,

I'm sorry for the poor job our housekeeping department did in your room, and for the noise that disturbed your night's sleep. Please accept my sincere apologies. We want to provide all our guests with the clean and comfortable stay, and take it very seriously when you learn we have fallen short. I will use you review in discussions and training to improve our operation. We would like to do what we can to make this right and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can make amends.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

These were probably the best rooms we had on our recent road trip, not least because Brian at the front desk patiently relocated us from the front of the hotel to the back to minimise any noise nuisance (probably fairly limited anyway). Even for Hampton Inns, service was very good and sleep quality in their luxurious beds was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Altus, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Chymron,

Thank you for making the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. It is people like you who make our jobs keeping the hotel at the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities very rewarding. I'll be sure that Brian receives the positive recognition he deserves for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit.

austin, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Don't bother trying to book any other hotel in Altus. They are all horrible. Except the Hampton Inn. My father stayed at 'another one' for my cousin's wedding and they put him in a dirty room that hadn't even been made up. The staff at the Hampton were amazing. The breakfast lady gave my twin boys each a toy when they were getting restless. The room was super crisp and clean and spacious.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My stay in this Hampton was perfect! The staff was very nice. Always on top of things. I love that the hotel was smoke free, and a hate that it's pet friendly I was right next to a room with a dog that had a lot to say. Other then the dog I enjoyed my stay so very much, not to mention that the breakfast was yummy every morning I went, I've not stayed at a hotel before where the. Real fast was just good eatin'.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altus
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus
Days Inn Altus
Days Inn Altus
#2 of 7 in Altus
Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Altus? Share your experiences!