“Staff is Great”
Review of Days Inn Altus

Days Inn Altus
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Altus
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The staff at this hotel is always pleasant and professional. It is hard to keep a hotel clean in SW Okla with the wind but they try hard. Rooms are clean inside, grounds are sometime messy from guests dropping trash or trash blowing in. Always pleased with the value for my dollar here. Good access to shopping and food.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Larry B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and post your great review about your experiences at our hotel. It's guests like you that make our jobs of keeping the property clean and delivering excellent service very rewarding. We appreciate your understanding about some of our challenges and glad to know you find us to be a good value for your money. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Immediately when you walk in to the hotel there are signs and banners about the best western rewards card and stay 3 nights get 1 free! Well in the fine fine print you have to check out every day and check back in witch means you have to switch rooms then once you get to your 3rd night you have to wait 2-3 weeks to get your free night!
I was so pissed because there were other hotels in the area that were less expensive but I figured the savings would make up for it. Nope.
The lady at the front desk said "it wasn't her problem" and after trying to call Corprite the hospitality center lady said there was nothing she could do, I'll probably never stay in a best western again.

• Stayed: June 2014
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear ChrisOklahoma25,

Thank you for taking time to share comments about your recent stay with us. I am sorry for the confusion about the free night program and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the frustration and inconvenience you experienced. I'm sorry, too, for the poor response you received at our front desk when you brought this to our attention. I will use your review in discussions and training to make improvements to our operation. I hope you will reconsider and give us the opportunity to regain your trust. If you would like to discuss this further, please email me at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com at your convenience.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was very old and dirty. It is a motel/travel lodge style with a common walkway on the outside and all doors opening onto it. We were traveling with two children under the age of 3. We had this listed in our reservation. We were given a room in the back of the hotel on the second floor. Since there was no elevator, we had to carry both children and all of our luggage up concrete steps and make several trips. We would not recommend it to anyone. There was no hot water in the shower. We had flies in our room. There was a connecting door between our room and the next. We did not feel safe at all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Pamela T,

I am very sorry that you had such a bad experience at our hotel. Guest safety and comfort are our top priorities, and we take these responsibilities very seriously. Please accept my apologies for not doing a better job in your case. We'd like the opportunity to make amends and hope you will contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can discuss this with you personally.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A trip for gradualtion and a pleasant stay - hotel was good clean - water stains from a leak on ceiling tiles in the bathroom - the rest of the room was clean and comfortable service was great - very friendly, helpful staff

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Doris L,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and posting your nice review and rating about your stay with us. We value all guest feedback and it is always gratifying when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We arrived at the hotel around 11:30pm. If I had seen the room next to mine in daylight I would never have even entered my room. The room had at least 100 dead bugs on the window of various species and look like someone had died in there. That being said, I didn't see the room until after my nightmare of a stay there. The instant I walked into the room I couldn't turn any of the lights on aside from one in the far corner of the room, the remaining three lights were not working. I had seven flies buzzing around my room. There were blood stains on the floor. The bathroom light wouldn't turn on. My coworkers room had dead beatles laying around the room. The rooms reeked so bad of smoke it was difficult to sleep. Needless to say we checked out the very next morning and went to the Hampton Inn right down the road. I would never in my life stay at another best western based on my brief but disgusting experience last Sunday. Never come here. Goto the Hamilton, its a five star resort compared to this place. I'll say that the staff are pleasant enough and the bed was comfortable, if you can get past having a possible dead body in the adjacent room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ohshesaredhead
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Ohshesaredhead,

I'm truly sorry you had such a bad stay with us and offer my apologies for the discomforts and inconveniences you experienced here. We'd like to learn more about your stay and hope you will contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can discuss this further. We value your business and your feedback and want you to know that we take it very seriously when we fail to provide and excellent stay to our guests. We will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. I hope you will give us the opportunity to make this amends to you.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We rented the banquet rooms for our school prom and dance. The manager at the Best Western in Altus was so helpful and accommodating to our decorating times and anything we needed. Anytime we asked for assistance there was always someone that could assist us, the service people were very helpful. I would recommend the use of banquet rooms, at this hotel, to anyone. Thank you manager Ty for all your help.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Carrie T,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write and post your review about your recent experience at our hotel. We had such a good time with you and your group and glad to hear you were happy with us, too. Ty is a terrific manager and leads us by setting an excellent example of how to give the best service to every guest every time. I'll make sure he sees your comments and recognized for his efforts. I hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Went into my room after dark and was tired so I just went to bed. When I woke up in the morning I noticed there were blood stains all in the carpet so I snapped pics to show manager and when I checked to make sure I got all my belongings I found that the bed sheets were also bloody AFTER I had already slept in it. The bed was made neatly when I went in telling me that this was there already and the sheets weren't even changed after the last bloody guest. I took the pics to the front desk and showed them to the girl working and she apologized and assured me the manager would be contacting me within the hour which never happened then I reported it to the corporate office who also assured the man. Would be contacting me. Been a week now and no calls so now im going higher I guess to see if that will get me anywhere will never stay at another best western as soon as I figure out how. I will be glad to share the photos

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shawn L
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Shawn L,

Your review is the first I have heard about your horrible experience here and I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies for the poor condition and service you received here. I hope you will send me your contact information via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can continue this conversation directly and make amends. We want all our guests to be happy they stayed with us and take it very seriously when we find that is not the case. We value your business and your feedback, which we will use to make improvements to our operation. I hope you will give us the opportunity to earn your trust.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Altus
Hampton Inn & Suites Altus
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus
Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center

Been to Days Inn Altus? Share your experiences!