“Clean and comfortable”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

They were very clean and the beds were comfortable. I would stay again. The kids enjoyed swimming in the indoor swimming pool and they let us stay a extra hour on the Holliday! It was very quiet too. And it's also close to Turner falls if you want to visit this attraction or the Ardbuckle Wilderness.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were in Oklahoma for a family reunion which had been scheduled for Lake Murray. We spent 1 very restless night at the ancient, antiquated Lodge building and woke up the next morning with our first priority being finding acceptable accommodations. We drove to Ardmore and decided to try Comfort Inn. Nancy, bless her heart, was at the front desk and set our minds at ease right away..they did have rooms and we could put our luggage in one right away (it was o/a 9am). The room was fresh, clean, and what I expect in an inn. They even had a swimming pool, which my little grandson had to swim in. It was a such a relief to get these accommodations after spending 1 night at Lake Murray Lodge and it was close enough so we could traverse back and forth with no issue at all. We never did try the complimentary breakfast because of our reunion and on the last day we slept in. When we checked out Nancy was there and even suggested two places for breakfast. The Staff and the hotel were just what we hoped for. We would definitely stay at Ardmore Comfort Inn again for (1) the cleanliness and the (2) great customer service..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 8 July 2013

While heading north on I-35, we had car trouble and needed a Ford dealership. We googled and found Ardmore had a dealership and a Comfort Inn which we find are usually great hotels. This site is going through a remodel but found our room comfortable and clean. We enjoyed our stay and found the staff helpful except for a woman by the name of Nancy at the front desk. Any time we had dealings with her she acted like we were inconveniencing her. My husband commented that for a front desk representing the hotel she should at least offer a smile.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Owasso
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Quite similar to a previous related experience. Hotel 2/3rds to 3/4ths empty, I have 7 nights on business and they put 3 rooms of young 20 something kids surrounding my room. Rest of the 3rd floor was sparsely populated. Door latches out so they could open the doors and let them THUNK every minute or so for over an hour. Asked the neighbors when they would be shutting down their communal stay in the 3 Thunking rooms, they apologized and doubled their efforts. Front desk was apologetic to indifferent depending on the person, and I was informed I would need to wait for "shift change" until they could help me. Pretty much sums up their concern for customer satisfaction. Right in the rooms it says to let the front desk know if something is not to your satisfaction. Guess that means AFTER SHIFT CHANGE.

The guy who seemed pissed to be moving me told me to move and bring him back the card to my previous room. Like he could not just cancel it out. After midnight before I got to bed, and look forward to a 5:30 alarm, 13 hour day, and then a 3 hour trip to the next town, hopefully not in a comfort inn.

The other bad. housekeeping left things others change, no new ice liners for example with the ice bucket left full of water all week. Major room key failures. Good exercise running up and down the stairs to have them re do the keys. Once "oops, accidently cancelled your key"

Good: parking, decent lighting, relatively quiet rooms as long as baboons are not next door, very comfortable pillows and beds, very hot shower with good pressure.
Maybe a little unenthusiastic and did not give a darn about whether guests got any sleep or not, but they did move me to a quiet spot and not next to the ice machine or any other considerate guests who like door slamming. In all fairness, do not know what hotel staff and managers can do with inconsiderate people. Just don't treat every complaint like someone wants a partial refund. I just want some freakin sleep.

This experience beats a wedding party with underaged drinkers puking in the hall like the Howard Johnson in Springfield Missouri, this much is true.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I had surgery and stayed in this hotel the night before and two nights after. Very clean and accommodating - top notch! Anything we needed they took care of it such as extra pillows or housekeeping to come back later. Very happy customer!

• Stayed February 2013
Talala
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We booked two rooms for three nights. One of the rooms had ticks which were discovered crawling on one of the members of our groups face in the morning. He delivered the ticks to the front desk for proof. He was moved to a different room. My room had urine all over the base of the toilet. There was a softball tournament in town apparently. Our neighbors put the latch on their door so it would be propped open. They were up all night partying and slamming doors. I complained to desk where they said they can talk to them but that is it. It is not their policy to move or make them leave. So I had no sleep my third night at all. I stay in hotels about 25 to 30 weekends a year on business. I will never stay with a Discomfort inn again!!! Elevators quit working on second day also.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Concordia, Kansas
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Stayed here on the way to Texas a couple of weeks ago. The room wasn't very clean, the bathroom tile had mold growing on it. It was over 100 degrees out and I had to turn the AC way down to cool the room off. The toilet seat in our other room was broken and nearly impossible to sit on it. It appears that since Hampton Inn left the property, basic maintenance and cleaning just stopped, and the hotel has had no updates. One good point, my mattress was fairly firm, so that might be one thing that they changed out. We travel south frequently, but may try another hotel next time for the stop-over.

Room Tip: Try to get the lowest price possible online, because the room isn't worth their normal rates.