“Fun and affordable!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ardmore
Lake Murray State Park & Lodge
“Fun and affordable!”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We just returned from a family reunion and loved every minute of our stay here. Upon arrival to the cabin there was a mildew odor to the cabin which we soon learned was due to the AC freezing up and had been leaking onto the carpet. Within minutes of reporting it (this was at 10:30 at night) there were 2 maintenance men there to work on it and they got us all fixed up. Very responsive and extremely nice. Some of the cabins/villas are quite dated but overall very clean. This place has been around for many years and they've done a good job of keeping things in good working order. The lake is absolutely breath taking, clear blue and clean. The only reason I didn't rate it Excellent overall is they do need to work on updating the rest of the cabins, they're getting to it but it should be a high priority. Great playground, awesome pool, marina close by!

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room if you are able to make a reservation.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night, really enjoyed the newly renovated cabin, and great play ground for the kids. We also used the outdoor pool- the teens really enjoyed that. Overall a quaint place and great for families on a budget.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Ruth T
Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We stayed in the cabins for our nephews wedding last weekend! The lake is so blue and beautiful. The cabins did need some work. The carpet and tile in ours was kinda disgusting! The kitchen cabinets were pretty spent! We had a mouse eat our butter! That being said we really had a great time. We called housekeeping for more coffee and it was there in less than 5 minutes. I was the firt to take a shower and unfortunatley it was ice cold! We called maintanence and they too were there in less than 5 minutes. A breaker and blown and in 15 minutes it was hot:) The furniture had alot of log cabin details, very cute! We were equiped with makeup remover in the bathrooms, shampoo, and soap. The wedding was at tucker tower and was indeed beautiful!!!! I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Linda M
Dallas
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Many people don't like roughing it so maybe it shoulb be a 3 but I like it so I'll call it a 4. I have camped in tents and travel trailers also stayed in the cabins at Lake Murray over the last 40 years. I have always liked the lake. I have fished, done some water skiing including the ski jump, been scuba diving, along with hiking. I doubt I could rate it the best lake for any of the above but it is good all around. My daughter and I recently stayed in a cabin again and this is what the review is about. The cabins are rustic. Remember to keep in mind the words camp and roughing it. If you do that you will like the rustic cabins. Every cabin I have stayed in over the 40 years have all been about the same in apperance. Yes they are old but hey this is roughing it and camping remember. Our cabing was clean it even had a microwave, refrigerator, and flat screen TV. We did not rent one with a kitchen this time. It was clean. The beds were comfortable, more so than some hotels. We had a screened in porch, grill, and a rough fire ring. Wood can be bought at the lodge. I have never stayed there but it has a good view and looks nice. Our cabin had a very slow drain for the bathroom sink. I reported it upon departure as I did not want to be bothered by a plummer. We did not go on the lake this time. There is a swimming pool, empty in March, minature golf, boat rentals, and boat tours. A lot of Texans go there. I usually see more Texas plates than Oklahoma. There are some good senic drives near the lake. I have ridden motorcycles around the area many times. Some good roads.

Room Tip: For Lake Murray call, tell them what you want, and see what they have. If you can get a map of the...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank leroys73
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We arrived on a Tuesday afternoon the 2nd week in March. We realized there were many campgrounds, but coming in around 5:30, we didn't have time to search all the campgrounds. We made the decision to try Buzzards Roost, because it was on the water and recently renovated. There were only 3 waterfront (although its kind of up on a small bluff) spots available, so we grabbed #19. We camped in a pop up and that spot had electricity and water hook ups.

Pros:
The spots are spaced a good deal apart
Very quiet, although it was almost filled up and many spots with kids, it was quiet by 9:00pm until 8:30am.
2 bathrooms and shower houses
Good view of a cove on the lake

Cons:
One bathhouse was old and pretty dirty when we showed up, but was cleaned each day. The other, renovated one, had coin operated showers ($.50 did the trick) but one toilet was so full it wouldn't flush, and stayed that way the entire 4 night trip.
No reservations
No close place to buy firewood.

We drove over and biked around Cedar Cove, those spots we very close, but right on the water and in the trees. Elephant Rock was like an RV parking lot...very close and out in the middle of nothing. Tipps Point just seemed depressing, really no explanation, just seemed like a last resort.

We didn't make it over to the campgrounds on the other side.

We brought lots of firewood and drinking water but ran out. The closest store was at the park entrance up north.

We walked thru the Lodge...it was like something out of the 60's.

We did a hike on a trail and enjoyed it.

The lake is so clear and blue. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ksols
Cleburne, Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Two couples along with my husband and I went back to Lake Murray after having a wonderful experience at the beginning of the year. We actually spent New Year's Eve there and it was very relaxing. We stayed in the single cabins and wanting to check out the larger cabins as we thought it would be good for family stays.

Needless to say for the price, I was disappointed. The cleanliness of the cabin was horrible. The ceiling fans were disgusting and looks as though they haven't been cleaned in years, refrigerator leaked water onto a very small kitchen floor, the floors were mopped but it's what I would call "slop" mop (water thrown onto the floor with a mop leaving puddles). Spider webs in all corners, very dark cabin.....and to top it off.... MICE. We had a large family of them, killed four and we still left some there. We had to keep things lock in large carrier containers or the small refrigerator. And this was all for a price of $280 per night. And we had to wait until 5:30pm to check in..... we waited for three and a half hours.

Park staff were apologetic, but that was it!

If we decided to stay at Camp Murray again, it will be in our RV.

Room Tip: Small cabins if you can are best from the one I've seen
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank LoieJ

Travellers are raving about these Ardmore hotels

Weatherford
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed march 13-15 for spring break. We arrived at 4:45 and our villa was not ready. We walked around waited till about 5:30. We had a villa for 6. It had queen bedroom, 2 sets if bunk beds in a room, & a sleeper sofa in living room. All bedding & towels were extremely clean and in good condition. Bring your own pots pans etc. if you cook a lot, get a cabin which had full kitchen. The villa has kitchenette & was difficult to cook complete meals in. EVERYTHING is closed here during spring break. No mini golf, no canoe or paddle boat rentals. TUCKER TOWER CLOSED until summer. You can't even drive to it or get anywhere near it. Road is blocked. The only thing to do here during spring break is hike or fish or ride horses. We went on trail ride costs $20 per person. There are only a couple hiking trails. Not very much here as far as hiking goes. Maybe this place would be better in summer if swim areas and lake rental activities are open. We then drove to robbers cave state park for weekend. Lots of activities here such as hay rides, guided hiking tours, etc. and much more beautiful.

• Stayed March 2013