“4 month stay ”

Candlewood Suites Ardmore
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I was located here for 4 months on a relocation while my house was built. I can say this place was good and missed being great because the weekly housekeeping was very inconsistent.

First the good. The front desk staff was very good and very accommodating. When I needed help or information they were always eager to help.

The hotel itself is in a great location and Ardmore is a nice little town that is growing quickly. The downside is still not a lot to do on Sundays.

The bad is inconsistent housekeeping. Several times I came back after a trip over my housekeeping day to find nothing had been done. Once I came back to find the room totally stripped of bedding and shower curtain. Not something I want to come back to after a long trip and arriving at midnight. However that great front desk staff rounded up everything and brought it to me. I just had to make the bed myself and hang the curtain.

The other bad thing is it takes about 5 minutes of running water to get anything even resembling warm water for a shower. Also they use motion sensitive thermostats. So if you don't move a lot at night it defaults to the hotels preferred settings. When you do move than the very noisy unit kicks on.

Over all pluses out weighed the minuses.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Chase M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write feedback concerning your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites of Ardmore. Our entire team makes customer service their top priority each and every day. We care deeply about our impact on the environment and are the ONLY hotel in Ardmore that provides consistent "Green" business practices. We accomplish this in a number of ways; energy efficient lighting throughout the hotel, providing a weekly housekeeping schedule for our extended stay guests, and in room motion activated thermostats. There are times when mistakes happen, however, we are prideful in taking immediate action when such mistakes occur remedying them in the most timely fashion to provide the highest level of service to our guests. Again thank you for your kind feedback and we welcome you to consider us home anytime.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I arrived one hour before check-in but the manager on duty (Chas) took care of us and got us into our room with no problems. He also worked to get me both a place to park my boat so his staff could keep an eye on it and that I would be able to charge the batteries on the boat. He and the maintenance personnel (Ron) even checked on the power outlets and provided me with a extention cord to reach where I had parted. I had not asked for this in advance but they took care of it immediately and even asked if there was anything else they could do for us. I have stayed in a lot of hotels due to my job and this is by far the best customer service I can remember. The room and the rest of the hotel was also fantastic. This will be the only hotel I will use when I travel anywhere in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Chase M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback concerning your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites of Ardmore. Our team understands that customer service is a major key and strives daily to provide the highest quality of service for each and every one of our guests.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We had made reservations at another place, which did not pan out, so we searched through Trip Adviser for somewhere else nearby--which is how we landed on this hotel. It was a good hotel for staying at, however for a one-nighter you might be better off going somewhere else & paying a little less than you would here. This would be a great hotel for a lengthier stay as the rooms are very nice & clean & has a full mini kitchen (which we did not need for our overnight stay). All in all, we would stay here again if it were going to be a longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Chase M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites in Ardmore. While we are always a great option for day to day transient travelers, Candlewood Suites is a brand that caters mainly to the extended stay traveler. Our team will do their utmost to make any guests stay a memorable one providing the best possible service each and every time.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was unfamiliar with Candlewood until I had a terible experience with a fire and lost my house. I was put up at the Candlewood for couple months and it was a wonderful experience. The suite was nice and had everything one needed. The staff was wonderful, especially one lady in particular... Patty Skinner. This lady was always a smile and went out of her way to make sure you were comfortable and had everything you needed. Wonderful place..

Room Tip: Choose a suite that fits your needs. We enjoyed the pool so we had 1 on 1st floor by the pool. G...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Chase M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback in reference to your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites of Ardmore. We mainly cater to the extended stay guest, such as a guest here for long term business, or even an individual displaced from their home when tragedy strikes. Our team members do their best to go above and beyond to provide each and every guest a free feeling to consider us home! Again thank you for your feedback and we invite you to come consider us home anytime!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

The room was unremarkable in design, but it was clean, the A/C worked flawlessly, and the shower was good. The kitchen with full refrigerator was appreciated and used. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout our two-day stay. For those unfamiliar with Candlewood, the business plan is a bit unusual and this was our first time to experience it. There is a cupboard or mini-store adjacent to the lobby with raw food items (eggs, sausage, etc) that you can select to have charged to your room. You are then free to prepare these items in the kitchen of your room. There are also ready-to-eat items at this store as well as toiletries and snacks. It looks more like an extended stay experience than a typical hotel, but it worked for our needs.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Chase M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you kindly for taking time to leave feedback regarding you recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites in Ardmore. Our studio suites feature a desk for workspace, energy efficient motion controlled thermostats, full-sized refrigerators, as well as full kitchens complete with all cooking/eating utensils. We mainly cater to the extended stay traveler, however, welcome transient guests always. Our Candlewood Cupboard is stocked with items ready to eat and items you can cook to your liking in your guest suite or on one of our 3 grills located in our Gazebo adjacent to our outdoor pool. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back anytime to Consider Us Home.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

We arrived around 9 and clerk was very nice. Room was very nice and clean. Our problems began when we tried to turn tv on. We had the choice of 3 remotes?? One for the tv, one for the DVD and one for the Dish. After a bit I notice instructions, followed them only to find out batteries were dead. Called front desk and was told they were in the middle of shift change. They brought the batteries up and just handed them to us. Did not offer to change them. The room was very hard to set to a comfortable temp. It was either too hot or to cool. And that was just moving the thermostat one degree. We opened the window on the 4th floor to find no screen. When I tried to take a bath, the plug did not work. Needed ice and went to front desk and he gave us ice but was not happy. I know rooms have fridges with ice makers but they are always empty and it takes awhile to make. Read that if we was not 100 per cent happy they would make it right. I guess " I'm sorry" is how they make you happy?? Would I stay there again. If there was no where else in 100 miles.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you want to be able to sleep
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Chase M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites of Ardmore. We do our utmost to attend to each and every guest issue. Anytime there are maintenance issues we strive to go the extra mile to promptly correct the problem, even if it means calling our chief engineer after normal business hours. All of our guest suites feature ice makers, as per Oklahoma Health codes, that are emptied and cleaned after each guests stay to ensure that you arrive to a nice and clean kitchenette. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Room was well furnished with a kitchen and cookware; it was clean; in-room AC was not too loud. No breakfast, so had to drive a couple of miles to a restaurant. Only hiccup was they had no hot water for an hour or so one of the evening when we wanted to shower. Overall it was OK.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Chase M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for your valued feedback in regards to your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites of Ardmore. Each and every one of our guest suites come fully furnished with ALL cooking utensils (pots, plates, cups, silverware, cookware, etc) and a range cook top stove. This, in addition to our Candlewood Cupboard (stocked with milk, eggs, different varieties of meat, and a plethora of other items) puts breakfast, lunch, dinner, or any snack in between in YOUR hands as a small way to give each guest the freedom to make whatever suites the taste of the individual.

We take a proactive role in maintenance here at the Candlewood Suites. Our A/C Units are regularly serviced as well all other pertinent systems to our daily operations. This type of servicing is unavoidable, however, we do our best to schedule such maintenance at times that will have the least impact on our guests.

Thank you again and we look forward to your visit anytime.