“Everything was excellent”

Candlewood Suites Ardmore
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I usually try to stay at Staybridges or Holiday Inn Expresses (I'm a platinum member with IHG), but the Candlewood was the most convenient place for me in Ardmore. I ended up loving having the kitchen. Jamie, the Sales Manager, worked with me and was great. She always had a recommendation for something to do in Ardmore or the surrounding area. Housekeeping doesn't come every day, but it wasn't too big of a deal. I only needed a towel here or an extra coffee pack there and the front desk was very happy to help. I like having my own kitchen because I travel a lot and take out and hotel breakfasts get old in a hurry. It's nice to make my own meals and eat what I want.

Room Tip: Don't go there expecting a full service hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Chase M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites of Ardmore. For anyone who is a loyal guest of Intercontinental Hotels Group, or an IHG Rewards Club Member, you will find the precise level of service you are accustomed to with us each and every time. We mainly cater to the extended stay guest and provide our housekeeping services on a weekly, 7 day basis, to better respect your privacy. We strive to provide a comfortable stay so each guest may Consider Us Home anytime they unable to be at their own. Our front desk team is ready and available 24 hours a day should you need anything from linen, a wake up call, or just general information about the surrounding areas.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I am currently in Ardmore on long term business. Candlewood Suites is an excellent choice for those that need an extended stay option. The staff has been wonderful to my group, starting from Chris at the front desk to Miss Patty, the head housekeeper. They have been very accommodating to our needs. The rooms are nice and clean on every trip. With a fridge, stove and microwave in every room, and a grill outside, you don't have to eat out all the time. I have stayed at a few places in Ardmore the past few months, and none compare to my experience at Candlewood Suites. I highly recommend staying here, especially if you have long term hotel stay need.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites of Ardmore. Our team makes accommodating guest needs our number 1 priority! Each and every guest suite comes fully furnished with all cups, plates, pots and pans. We even provide cooking and eating utensils as well. Our aim to provide lodging that one will easily Consider Us Home anytime you find yourself away from your own.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I was located here for 4 months on a relocation while my house was built. I can say this place was good and missed being great because the weekly housekeeping was very inconsistent.

First the good. The front desk staff was very good and very accommodating. When I needed help or information they were always eager to help.

The hotel itself is in a great location and Ardmore is a nice little town that is growing quickly. The downside is still not a lot to do on Sundays.

The bad is inconsistent housekeeping. Several times I came back after a trip over my housekeeping day to find nothing had been done. Once I came back to find the room totally stripped of bedding and shower curtain. Not something I want to come back to after a long trip and arriving at midnight. However that great front desk staff rounded up everything and brought it to me. I just had to make the bed myself and hang the curtain.

The other bad thing is it takes about 5 minutes of running water to get anything even resembling warm water for a shower. Also they use motion sensitive thermostats. So if you don't move a lot at night it defaults to the hotels preferred settings. When you do move than the very noisy unit kicks on.

Over all pluses out weighed the minuses.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Chase M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write feedback concerning your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites of Ardmore. Our entire team makes customer service their top priority each and every day. We care deeply about our impact on the environment and are the ONLY hotel in Ardmore that provides consistent "Green" business practices. We accomplish this in a number of ways; energy efficient lighting throughout the hotel, providing a weekly housekeeping schedule for our extended stay guests, and in room motion activated thermostats. There are times when mistakes happen, however, we are prideful in taking immediate action when such mistakes occur remedying them in the most timely fashion to provide the highest level of service to our guests. Again thank you for your kind feedback and we welcome you to consider us home anytime.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I arrived one hour before check-in but the manager on duty (Chas) took care of us and got us into our room with no problems. He also worked to get me both a place to park my boat so his staff could keep an eye on it and that I would be able to charge the batteries on the boat. He and the maintenance personnel (Ron) even checked on the power outlets and provided me with a extention cord to reach where I had parted. I had not asked for this in advance but they took care of it immediately and even asked if there was anything else they could do for us. I have stayed in a lot of hotels due to my job and this is by far the best customer service I can remember. The room and the rest of the hotel was also fantastic. This will be the only hotel I will use when I travel anywhere in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Chase M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback concerning your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites of Ardmore. Our team understands that customer service is a major key and strives daily to provide the highest quality of service for each and every one of our guests.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We had made reservations at another place, which did not pan out, so we searched through Trip Adviser for somewhere else nearby--which is how we landed on this hotel. It was a good hotel for staying at, however for a one-nighter you might be better off going somewhere else & paying a little less than you would here. This would be a great hotel for a lengthier stay as the rooms are very nice & clean & has a full mini kitchen (which we did not need for our overnight stay). All in all, we would stay here again if it were going to be a longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Chase M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites in Ardmore. While we are always a great option for day to day transient travelers, Candlewood Suites is a brand that caters mainly to the extended stay traveler. Our team will do their utmost to make any guests stay a memorable one providing the best possible service each and every time.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was unfamiliar with Candlewood until I had a terible experience with a fire and lost my house. I was put up at the Candlewood for couple months and it was a wonderful experience. The suite was nice and had everything one needed. The staff was wonderful, especially one lady in particular... Patty Skinner. This lady was always a smile and went out of her way to make sure you were comfortable and had everything you needed. Wonderful place..

Room Tip: Choose a suite that fits your needs. We enjoyed the pool so we had 1 on 1st floor by the pool. G...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Chase M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback in reference to your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites of Ardmore. We mainly cater to the extended stay guest, such as a guest here for long term business, or even an individual displaced from their home when tragedy strikes. Our team members do their best to go above and beyond to provide each and every guest a free feeling to consider us home! Again thank you for your feedback and we invite you to come consider us home anytime!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

The room was unremarkable in design, but it was clean, the A/C worked flawlessly, and the shower was good. The kitchen with full refrigerator was appreciated and used. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout our two-day stay. For those unfamiliar with Candlewood, the business plan is a bit unusual and this was our first time to experience it. There is a cupboard or mini-store adjacent to the lobby with raw food items (eggs, sausage, etc) that you can select to have charged to your room. You are then free to prepare these items in the kitchen of your room. There are also ready-to-eat items at this store as well as toiletries and snacks. It looks more like an extended stay experience than a typical hotel, but it worked for our needs.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Chase M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you kindly for taking time to leave feedback regarding you recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites in Ardmore. Our studio suites feature a desk for workspace, energy efficient motion controlled thermostats, full-sized refrigerators, as well as full kitchens complete with all cooking/eating utensils. We mainly cater to the extended stay traveler, however, welcome transient guests always. Our Candlewood Cupboard is stocked with items ready to eat and items you can cook to your liking in your guest suite or on one of our 3 grills located in our Gazebo adjacent to our outdoor pool. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back anytime to Consider Us Home.