“Great Value in Ardmore Oklahoma”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ardmore
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We recently hosted an event in Ardmore at the Hardy Murphy Coliseum and booked 9 rooms at the Microtel. We are typically a Holiday Inn Express, Marriott Residence Inn, Higher End Marriott crowd so I was a little hesitant about booking so many rooms at a Microtel especially given the rate. One typically expects lower rate = lower quality. We were pleasantly surprised. The Property has been under new management for the last year and they have really invested in the property with a remodel, Nice Lobby Area, Clean Rooms, Clean Bathrooms, Comfortable Beds, great air conditioning. We have found a new regular stay in Ardmore. What a great value and great service!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ardmore

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here this past weekend for a concert at the WinStar.
We were able to check right in and the staff was courteous.
The lobby and room was clean and the beds were comfortable.
Fortunately we were on the bottom floor because there was no elevator, only stairs.
Also the water pressure was a little low and the stopper in the bathtub didn't work.
For what I paid, it was fine, and I would probably stay their again.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

At 60, a drive from hometown to home, Lincoln, NE to Austin, is a bit grueling, especially for an exhausted traveler. I had left Lincoln at noon, and by 9 p.m. was feeling beat and less than safe to continue driving, and alone. I saw a billboard for Microtel at Ardmore, which has a pretty large supply of chain motels. My wife had stayed in one while traveling a year or two ago and said that it was very nice.

So with fatigue chewing me up, I exited at the correct Ardmore exit, as noted on the billboard, and pulled into McDonalds' for a "pit stop" as they usually have clean restrooms--and they have wifi.

I went online on my iPhone, and found the Microtel site, to check for vacancy for a single traveler.

I was able to book online, from next door, and also to use my state employee discount. After getting a coffee and the confirmation number, I drove next door to the hotel. It all looked new and it was clean, and the parking lot completely well lit.

When I went in, a man ahead of me, wanted to book a room, but wanted to preview it before he committed to renting it. Bad move. The clerk asked him to wait a moment, and he said that they were out of rooms. I said that I had a confirmation number, and so he double checked. He had had some cancellations, but was able to put me into a room with 2 queen sized beds, which was fine with me as all I needed were sleep and a morning shower with hot water. A major hotel that I had stayed at in Lincoln had a building malfunction and was 2 days without water, and unable to resolve it. Luckily they gave me some credit.

The room was clean, simple, and the plumbing all functional. Wifi was instant, (not where you had to take several steps and click through to get online.) Perfect. I was able to check messages, etc. before hitting the sack.

The night man, Titus, was the only guy there. And he was still on duty when I woke up WAY too early, just because of stuff on my mind. I did not hear a single door slam, or any kids running around the hallways like you do in so many halls. Up at 5, I wandered out to the lobby to see if by chance, the day staff had started it yet. There was Titus. He was setting up breakfast, not officially on until 6. He gave me a cup of coffee and we visited briefly. As I drank my coffee, he was running around getting everything perfect for the morning rush. However, as I made trips out to my car, this poor guy was also doing the laundry, as well as all of his other duties.

He was polite, respectful and very helpful. I hope that Wyndham has the foresight to foster career development among their employees, like helping them go to college, but, well, whatever.

The point is that this room was as nice as the major downtown Lincoln I had stayed in the previous week, they accommodated me at the last minute, it was clean, there was water pressure, clean sheets, a CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE bed, and a free breakfast, thrown in for good measure, that was complex--eggs, biscuits and, bagels, sausage, cereals, a waffle maker, pastries, and young Titus had this place running like a Swiss Watch.

The Microtel was a nice a most of the Hampton Inns that I usually staved at, and the straight room rate, (before additional taxes) was $59.99. I had stayed at a Motel 6 once in Edmond, OK and it was a dump. I didn't want to repeat that mistake again.

I could not recommend this place more enthusiastically for a motorist who simply needs clean comfortable accommodations, a good breakfast, and service from an overnight manager as talented, friendly, respectful and courteous as Titus was to me.

Keep in mind, booking the room on my smartphone was a snap, and one could certainly have a passenger do that while still driving, and do so safely. If one were to do this, and check when you were within an hour of the hotel, book it on line, they also give you an online discount for booking that way. Call ahead from your car on the road and if they have a room, grab it.

Finally, I was traveling with an expensive bicycle loaded on the car and locked down. I asked it it would be safe and Titus said that there was 24 hour video surveillance of the property AND that many guests had stayed there while also hauling bikes and there had never been a problem in the past. This is normally scary when you are in close proximity to the Interstate, but his reassurance was enough for me--and proved to be right in the morning--the bike was still there save and sound. What a pleasant surprise!

This Microtel was conducive to deep slumber, and that was exactly what I needed right then and there!

Room Tip: Book online from your phone before you get there, and get a discount for that as well.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo