“Great value!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ardmore
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I found a coupon for this hotel and stayed for $66 (including tax) for a room with 2 queen beds. The woman at the desk was very helpful. The place was quiet and the room was clean. The beds were very comfortable, but the pillows were quite lumpy (fortunately I had my own with me and my kids didn't seem to mind the lumps). The room is just big enough for the 2 beds and a desk. Some rooms have refrigerators and/or microwaves. You can get a roll-away bed, but there's not much space for it. There is no hairdryer or iron. There is free wireless internet, which is more than I can say for the much more luxurious hotel we stayed previously in that charged $12 per day for internet! The continental break was okay... cereal, bagels, toast, biscuits, danish, and coffee... enough to get you going. But, there is a McDonalds right next door for a more hearty meal! We stayed on the 2nd floor. Some of the rooms are non-smoking, but the one we were in smelled as if it wasn't always non-smoking. We were told that the whole first floor was non-smoking, so that may have been better. The hallway and staircase smelled pretty smoky. If you are sensitive to smells or have allergies, this may not be the best place for you. I am, but I found it to be tolerable. Another problem with the second floor is that there is no elevator, so you have to carry your stuff up the stairs. There also is no pool. We found a nice sandy beach at Lake Murray the next day, so we had fun swimming anyway. Overall, I thought the hotel provided just about everything needed for an overnight stay at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank TripleWahoo

Reviewed 4 June 2007

At about $60/night for a single, the price was right for me when I stayed there the night before the recent Red River Roadkill Rally bicycle tour. The rooms are tiny, but comfortable. A couple of things
could have been better: The bedding wasn't in great shape. One of the
blankets had what look like cigarette holes (in a non-smoking room!),
and the pillows still had the hair of a previous guest on them! Also,
I requested a late checkout, hoping to get back and shower after the event, and the clerk looked at me like I was crazy. They would charge
me a whole extra day. I said no thanks. I might stay there again, but
I might also look around a bit more.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo