“Nice hotel for just an overnight stay”
Review of Days Inn Ardmore

Days Inn Ardmore
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
Omaha, Nebraska
“Nice hotel for just an overnight stay”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We found this hotel easy to find right off the interstate. Our check in was ok and staff was friendly. The price was very reasonable for the stay.We found both our queen size and king suite were spacious and clean but furniture outdated and lacking some attention to details when remodeling. The bathrooms had large sinks outside the toilet and shower area and the water pressure was good. The beds were comfortable and TV/cable worked fine. Air conditioner had no problems. Breakfast was limited; cereal, fruits, waffles, and toast. No pool but an exercise room. One con for us was that there are not interior corridors. Overall it a value that fit our needs for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Corner room was nice
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel is easy to find right off the interstate, Check in went well and the staff was courteous. We found both our king suite and our double queen rooms clean and spacious. The decor was somewhat outdated and some small details were overlooked. The beds were very comfortable and the noise level was minimal. Shower water pressure was good. The large vanity was outside of the shower which was nice. Our King suite had a large kitchen area.No pool but they have an exercise room. The breakfast was very basic with fruits cereal and waffles. A con;They do no have inside corridors. We found it was ok for an overnight on our way home.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are a good choice.
1 Thank huskertravelers
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I will never stay at this hotel again!!!! We had planned on staying here for 7 weeks because of work. We had forgotten to come back down to the office to pay our pet fee, and they called us and told us they had to have it that day or "We would have to leave"!!!! We came down and paid it and was planning on staying another week and they said we had to pay the pet fee right then & there or "WE WOULD HAVE TO LEAVE"!!!! Two different days we were told that we would have to leave!!!!! So we paid for that day and pet fee and we left and found another hotel up the road that doesn't charge us for our pets and they are much better rooms!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Ardmore hotels

Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The room was nice and clean! The air conditioner was exceptionally cool! The breakfast was great with plenty of food for everyone. There was a work crew there and the front desk lady made sure there was plenty of food. I would stay here again and highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room on the east side second floor was great!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Frost, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stay for July 25, 2014

1) Lied to me about room being available.
2) Treated horribly by sexist manager.
3) Room reeked and had mold in bathtub.
4) Room was entirely too hot and never cooled down.
5) Breakfast was unacceptable borderline rancid.
6) Morning staff very rood and even snapped at another guest trying to check in.

I've never written a review before because I don't know how many people actually read them and I've never had a place either perfect or horrible enough to take the time to do so but this one defiantly meets those standards and unfortunately for my family it falls at the low end of the scale. I apologize for the length but I feel my experience was so unacceptable that it should be explained before someone else makes the same mistake. First off I called the day before to reserve a room that was A) Non-smoking due to my small children and the fact that I can’t stand smoke and; B) Handicap accessible because have a knee injury that prevents me from climbing stairs. The conversation started off with the lack of understanding due to the terrible English being spoken on the other end and from there I was told the only rooms that were downstairs were all smoking. I informed him that it is illegal that EVERY room downstairs is smoking due to the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) which clearly states: smoking and non-smoking accessible guestrooms provided based upon the ratio of smoking and non-smoking guestrooms in the facility so persons with disabilities have the same options as everyone else. Imminently the gentleman on the line quickly changed his statement apologizing for the misunderstanding claiming he didn’t understand what I was saying and then stated they had them but there are none available at this time. I thanked him kindly and told him I wasn’t interested and that I would find other accommodations which prompted him to quickly ask me to wait on hold for him to “double” check. That only took a few moments and low and behold a room miraculously became vacant. I ignored the fact that I was clearly lied too and booked the room anyways because the price was too good to pass up. Yeah my mistake. Upon arriving my husband went to check us in and get the key so I didn’t have to get in and out of the car more than necessary but due to my haste and annoyance just wanting to get everything done it was booked in my name so I had no choice. I met my husband inside giving all the information requested so we could just get our room and get to bed but the entire time I was in there the man behind the counter refused to look at me and spoke to me while looking at my husband the entire time. I have never in my life been treated like I was a diseased imbecile incapable, or perhaps unworthy, of carrying on a conversation with him. Finally we got our key and went to our room and I quickly noticed that at least two of the rooms next to be were non smoking and completely vacant which was apparent by the open curtain which allowed me to view inside to the cleaned empty. Once I opened the door the overwhelming stench of stale cigarette smoke just about chocked us all and the unbearable heat didn’t help matters. Even with turning the air on high cool with the temperature as low as it would go the room only cooled down enough to be tolerable but only for those on the bed closest to so that one was given to my children while my husband and I slept in the bare minimum just to get through the night. The room itself didn’t seem to be in too bad of a condition at least we didn’t notice till the next day when we went to take our showers. There was a ball of hair so big in the drain that the water became stopped up and lining around the side of the tub was a line of mold which didn’t even show any attempt to be cleaned. After getting that straightened out we decided to have breakfast before continuing on our scheduled. The milk was warm and even smelled like it had gone bad, the orange juice was beyond drinkable and the coffee tasted like it was burned and tasted like it was made with sewer water. I and 2 other guests in the breakfast room politely informed the gentleman behind the counter that things were out such as the waffle mix and we received nothing but attitude in kind as well as the poor innocent person coming in to check in which were quickly snapped at to just hold. Yeah what was supposed to be a two night stay ended up being one night and part of the morning, we packed up and quickly went to somewhere who actually treated their guests like they are wanted and not like people who are there to “pester” them into actually doing their job. This experience has ruined me into ever going back and in fact I don’t believe I will be staying at a Days Inn EVER again.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was on the phone with the reservation desk for half an hour at least the before, trying to make my reservation. They could not get my name straight, which is quite simple. They could not get that I needed one bed. "Can you hold a minute? What was your name again? You needed two beds? I think the problem may have been that I wanted a room on the first floor and they didn't have ine but they couldn't figure that out and they ended up giving me one, with both a confirmation # and a room number on the first floor. I hung up believing they had lied about the room just to get the reservation. But lo and behold when I get there, I have NO reservation. My confirmation # meant nothing. the same incompetent employee,(your name again? 2 beds? Etc). Finally got a 2nd floor room but no receipt. I have my key and am all set when I ask what she charged me. It was almost $30 more than the price quoted on the phone. She agreed to fix it but couldn't figure out how. Finally said it was done but the printout made no sense and looked like she charged me twice at the lower rate. Stopped at the desk in the morning to clear it up. This clerk seemed intelligent enough and said it was still charged the higher rate. She fixed it with a random credit but I won't be convinced it's right until I get my bill.

• Stayed June 2014
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

It was dirty, so dirty that the TV remote was "sticky" I asked them to come and clean it and it took them at least 30 minutes to get that done. Then the remote didn't have batteries (another 30 minutes just to get a battery?. The next day when we came back that night to sleep, they made the bed but didn't empty ashtrays, trash can, didn't do refills on coffee, they literally only made the bed and folded the towels we used that morning and hung them back on the rack. That evening I called the front desk and let them know about their cleaning service (or lack of) and asked them for coffee "Can you please come and get it? My knees hurt" that was his answer. I did go get it to the front desk for the guy to get up and walk out to a room below my room was the storage and it was full of coffee packages, sugar, sheets and cleaning supplies.. Shouldn't the cleaning supplies and food be in different places?. When I told the "Manager" what had happened that night, he responded "The owners don't care and since this motel is booked at 70% most days, they don't really need to care" .. I will NEVER not should anyone be booked or go to that place EVER.. The service, the room and the front desk are worthless.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are good. Don't go there
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple