“Love the Experience, but not the food.”
Review of Hamburger Inn

Hamburger Inn
Ranked #7 of 95 Restaurants in Ardmore
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ardmore, Oklahoma
“Love the Experience, but not the food.”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

My wife and I went here as it seems to be an Ardmore landmark. The staff is super nice and friendly and it seems very quaint--feels like good old hometown USA diner. The pie is good, but our burgers were dry and burned. I thought it was a fluke, but it appears that is simply how they make them here. They don't even ask you how you like it cooked. I normally get my burger medium-well, so for me to find it burned and dry it really was burned and dry. After all was said and done, we spent close to $20 for the two of us for a mediochre meal. It would have been better to go to Carl's Junior as far as the food is concerned. However, like I said, it was worth it to simply visit this place due to its quaint vibe.

Visited September 2012

Stillwater, OK
“Had a line.”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Great hamburgers! The coconut pie looked great, but sold the last piece before I could order it. Nice, small family owned place. I saw people standing in line to get in, so I tried it. It was great.

Visited April 2012
Montana
“WORLD CLASS CHILE CHEESEBURGER”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The Hamburger Inn was originally located across the street but moved to the present location in 1956 I believe. I grew up in Ardmore and began eating breakfast before going duck hunting with my dad in the winter of 1956. Now I only get to eat there when I return for high school reunions but we always make a run to the Inn for lunch at least once or twice.

The chile cheese burger with fried onions is my all time favorite here. That along with an order of fresh potatoe french fries. If you've got room, I would recommend a piece of pie. They are home made and have been wonderful all of these years.

Or, if you don't want a burger, just order a bowl of chile. There are no beans here.

Over the years I have eaten here hundreds of times and I am always happiest when I'm waling through the front door after a long absence.

If you are a burger junkie and driving through Ardmore, do yourself a favor and stop for a bit of history and a wonderful experience. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Visited May 2011
Texas
“Best burgers around”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Delicious burgers and fries; loved the counter service. Worth the wait because of the popularity.

Visited December 2011
Shawnee, Oklahoma
“Very good--old fashioned”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Very good burgers but atmosphere is the best. Not sure how old this place is but the gentleman who sat next to us at the counter had been eating there since high school in 1966. The lady working the counter had been working there since she was 12.

In all honesty we've had better burgers and onion rings but this was a fun place to go for lunch. Don't miss homemade pie.

• Visited November 2011

Been to Hamburger Inn? Share your experiences!