“2nd stay almost as good as the first”

SpringHill Suites Ardmore
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
Houston
“2nd stay almost as good as the first”
Reviewed 14 July 2008

As my previous review notes, I intended to stay at this hotel on July 11th on my return trip from Missouri to Houston. The 2nd stay was almost as good as the first. The hotel was very busy when we arrived, and the staff worked very hard to attend to us as quickly as possible, however they appear to be very understaffed at the front desk. A hotel should ALWAYS have someone behind the front desk. Having someone in the office behind the front desk isn't enough.

I was assigned a room on the 3rd floor. The front desk sent someone from the staff up to check the room to make sure it was ready. We passed the girl as we went up to the room and she said nothing to us about the room being unacceptable. When we opened the door were practically floored by the smell of fresh paint. The girl should have stopped us and told us she would get us another room. Anyways, back downstairs we went, the front desk apologized and quickly got us another room. That one was immaculately clean. That was the only hiccup in our stay.

The rest of our stay was as good as the previous stay. Breakfast was excellent, the pool was great for letting the kids burn off that excess energy, the rooms was very clean and the staff was friendly and accomodating.

• Liked — Very Clean, Great Location, Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Smell of Paint
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
oklahoma
Reviewed 26 June 2008

I booked a stay at this hotel last November. My first clue should have been the note at the front desk that said, "we are cleaning the rooms go to room 108 if you need help". It was 6:30 pm.

Once I got to my room, I realized it had not been cleaned, but had been made to look clean.

I immediately noticed here was talcum powder on the back of the toilet & bathroom floor. After I looked around a bit, I found the towels, folded neatly on the rack, were not clean, but in fact one still had someone's toothpaste on it. A glass upside down on the little paper mat, but it also had toothpaste remnants in it. It was also clear that the sheets had not been changed, although the bed was made. There were fleas/bugs or something on the sheets - I didn't wait around to figure it out - I went right back down to the front desk and checked out. I did receive a call from the manager, he offered me a voucher for a free stay and an apology.

Last week, again on business, the Hampton Inn was sold out, so I decided to give this hotel another chance it is a brand new hotel, it must have been a fluke, right?

The only room they had was a king with fold out sofa. My daughter got the linens out of the closet to put them on the fold out bed and screamed!
THERE WAS BLOOD ON THE BLANKET - a lot of it. Again, the blanket had been neatly folded and put away in the plastic package in the closet with fresh blood on it. It was as if someone had a nosebleed - a lot of blood and fairly fresh looking - it had not been washed, but was semi-dried on the blanket.

It was 10:00 pm, the other hotels were sold out, so we were stuck. I took the blanket down to the front desk and they just handed me another like it was no big deal. I think she said "sorry about that" and just went on about her work.

Unfortunately, this very nice new hotel has serious cleaning issues - I was willing to give them a second chance and wish I hadn't.
I am a Marriott Rewards member, but I will not be staying in this hotel again. Two times of dirty linens is enough to make me write this post as a warning.

• Liked — furnishings & staff
  • Disliked — dirty linens/ room
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank osutravelers
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 27 March 2008

The hotel is new and clean, but to some extend it was a disappointment. It is very close to I-35 and at night you are disturbed by noise of passing trucks, which can be heard even though the bathroom wall. Breakfast was not that great either, and do not expect shower caps or body lotion to be provided. It is OK for a night on the way, but I would not recommend it for a gateaway, or a longer stay.

• Liked — pool and spa
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
Ft. Bliss, Tx
Reviewed 29 September 2007

I am actually writing this review while laying in my comfortable bed in our hotel room. I am beyond thrilled with how much I like this hotel. It still smells brand new. The rooms have a modern decor, recessed lighting, and two closets with fold away doors. Very upscale. The bathroom is very large, normal size tub. There is a kitchenette with a mini-fridge, microwave and sink and plenty of storage. The Couch in the "living area" folds into a bed, so you actuallly get three beds. There is also wireless internet and a nice size desk. There is a lukewarm indoor swimming pool that is 3-4 ft deep along with a jacuzzi. There were no towels available at the pool. There is also a new IHOP across the way that was delicious. Breakfast was also wonderful!!!! I love it here, and my children do as well.

• Liked — WONDERFUL MILITARY DISCOUNT!!!!!
  • Disliked — Nothing not to like
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank brynnelizabeth
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 22 January 2007

New facility, great rooms and a decent price. The breakfast could use some improvement, not as good as the Hampton Inn in Ardmore. The staff was helpful and friendly. Corporate rate at 94.00 is ok but if they could get to the mid-eighty dollar range I think occupancy would pick up dramatically. I have stayed here 3-4 times in the past 60 days.

Stayed January 2007