“Superstar General Manager”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
Kansas City, Missouri
“Superstar General Manager”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Bottom line up front. I showed up late one night after being assured rooms were available and was turned away because no rooms were, in fact, available. I was pretty upset. After seeing how responsive Richard Logan, the General Manager, was on TripAdvisor when responding to other reviews, I emailed him directly before leaving this review to explain my frustration with the situation.

He is incredibly responsive and attentive, and anybody who complains about issues they have had with this hotel without first reaching out to Richard are missing out. I did not stay, and cannot speak for the experience from that perspective, but I know without a doubt that I will stay there in the future. If for no other reason than because I know Richard will handle any issues that might arise.

I would encourage potential visitors to consider the negative reviews when they read this, and think about what a fantastic General Manager could have done had he been alerted to the various issues.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FlyHerAway_com
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words and comments. I want to thank you for your patience as well, while I worked to resolve the situation for you. We're not always perfect, but if given the opportunity, we can usually turn a negative experience into a positive resolution. If I can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Palmetto, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel appears great on arrival. We unpacked our luggage and after going to dinner returned for the night. When we turned down the bedding. We discovered live bed bugs in both beds. On one bed the top cover looked stained and laundered. I cannot describe the stain in detail. The night desk clerk was alone and transferred us to another room. We were not pleased.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Phil G
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Phil G,
I wanted to take a moment to respond to your recent experience at my hotel. First, I apologize that we let you down, and did not meet your expectations. I do however feel that your assesment is a bit harsh. I examined the "bug" that you brought down for the desk agent to examine. I'm not even certain it was a bug, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that it definately was not bed bugs. Less than a month ago, every mattress and box spring in the hotel was replaced with a new set. So the mattresses in your room are not only brand new, but also encased in bed bug resistant, moisture resistant protector. Outdoor pests will sometimes sneak in through the HVAC unit in the rooms, and even though we work to manage this, sometimes a bug will get by. As for the stained linen, I and my housekeeping manager found nothing more than a small rust colored stain, but I assure you all linen is washed and sanitized before being placed on a fresh bed. Again, I apologize that your experience was not problem free, and for this I have refunded the points you used for your stay. I know that we are better than this, and should your travels bring you back through Ardmore, I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you a better experience. Again, I thank you and wish you safe travels.
Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I really like this property. The rooms are clean, quiet, comfortable, and spacious. Despite being close to I-35 I heard no traffic noise. Check-in was a breeze with helpful and knowledgeable staff. Beds are comfortable and the sheets are without stains. Breakfast was good and included a variety of hot and cold items. There is a week night social hour from 5:30-7:00. Fitness center is adequate with cardio and free weight equipment. Would recommend this property and would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Woodland Hills
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay this past week and was truely impressed by the hotel and staff. The hot breakfast was a winner and prepared fresh. The suite rooms were both large and nicely furnished. We had a problem with our credit card at check in but, they nice enough to check us in while we straightened it out. We were pleasantly surprised at this gesture. We consider the price at this hotel to be very reasonable for the quality.

Room Tip: Top floor is always the most quiet. Ther is an elevator so go for high.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your weekend visit with us. My team works very hard to ensure all of our guests have the same experience you did. We hope to see you again in the future.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Everything was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Staff were friendly. Lots of fresh fruit at breakfast, and a nice social hour with snacks and drinks in the afternoon. Easy on and off the freeway. Absolutely no problems, will stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

You're not going to find a better hotel in Ardmore so book this place in advance because it does get sold out.

I enjoyed the complementary breakfast; there were quite a few options available. The gym is decent as well, with a few pieces of cardio equipment and some free standing weights.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kay M
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I wanted to share my experience with the public regarding this hotel and warn others to stay away at all costs. I had a reservation for April 18th that I used an e-certificate as payment for the room. An e-certificate is a voucher for complimentary night. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to make the trip and so did not check in that night. I discovered on April 20th they had charged my credit card for the stay. I contacted both the assistant manager and the manager and they basically told me too bad. I could use the e-certificate another time, I told them the certificate expired on April 20th and asked them to apply it to the room and remove the charges from my credit card. They advised it is not their policy and refused to honor the e-certificate and instead insisting on charging my card. They claimed it was because they had to turn other guests away, I advised if I would have shown up they would have done the same thing, as I would have occupied the room. I feel this is just a way of taking advantage of the unsuspecting public and what was supposed to have been a reward for my customer loyalty has turned into a nightmare where they are basically stealing my money. If this is indicative of the service level they provide, I would strongly recommend, all travelers to seek accommodations where their business is truly appreciated and they will not be taken advantage of. I'm sadly disappointed with the management staff as I have always considered Marriott chains to be of high integrity.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank dnat
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Mr. Dnat,
I'm sorry to know that you feel you were given horrible service, regarding your recent reservation. As I explained when we spoke, we do value all of our guests, and especially our Marriott Elite Members. Marriott asks all guests (including elite members) for a valid credit card, to hold the room reservation for you. It is also explained that if you cannot make your reservation date, you have a time fram in which you may call to cancel your reservation, at no charge to you. Failure to cancel within the time frame will result in a charge to your credit card, equal to one night room & tax. As an elite member, we extended this cancellation window, to ensure you had a room upon arrival. When you did not cancel, and you did not arrive, our standard practice is that we charge the credit card the guest agreed to use as a guarantee. As a hotel manager, I am faced with the task of trying to juggle the needs and requests of all my guests, with my obligations to the hotel I run. Mr. Dat, I hope that you will continue to use the Marriott brand as you travel. At our Springhill Suites Ardmore, we value and appreciate all our guests. That being said, I do want you to know that I have made a deposit of 15,000 rewards points into your Marriott Rewards Elite account. This is more than enough points for a complimentary night at most of Marriott's select service family of hotels. I hope that these additional points will be agreeable with you, since points do not expire. As always, I thank you for your comments, and I appreciate your Marriott loyalty.