“Great Stay...good value.”

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
Dallas, Texas
“Great Stay...good value.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family and I stayed overnight in the double queen, two room suite. What a deal for the space and comfort. The staff was great...friendly and welcoming from the front desk agent to the maid that serviced our room. The rooms, common area and pool were all very clean and comfortable. I was really surprised how much they had to offer. It will definitely be on our list of places to stop when we need a hotel. Great job to the staff!

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the elevator and ice machine.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank K L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Wichita
Reviewed 6 August 2014

While this hotel lacks the WOW factor I've felt at other SpringHill Hotels, there were some positives. We checked in with ease, slept well in a comfortable bed, and had a nice breakfast. Unfortunately, there were a few housekeeping issues. I did call the desk to complain about one item which in my opinion could have easily been resolved on the spot, but wasn't. We did receive an apology from the manager and refund of rewards points after we completed Marriott's online survey. I really like SpringHill Suites and hope future guests find their rooms cleaner than we did.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jordan H, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Mary1675,

I would like to start by thanking you for your honest feedback of our hotel. When guests are open and honest with hotel management about when things go wrong, it allows us to try to fix those mistakes and make sure they do not happen again. We pride ourselves in having clean rooms for all of our guests, but occasionally, we do drop the ball. I hope that the refund of points that my general manager provided for you will convince you to give us a second chance to show you the WOW factor that you expect from us.

While we did fail you in one critical area, I would like to thank you for the positives you mentioned from your stay. Our beds are new as of the beginning of June. They have been a source of rave reviews from many of our guests, and our Springhill breakfast helps send guests off with an energized start to their days.

Mary, I apologize again for not exceeding your expectations with your stay, and if you are ever in the Ardmore area again, I hope you will allow us another opportunity to knock the ball out of the park.
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Needed someplace to stay for a funeral in Sulphur, OK and this is the only Marriott property remotely close. The staff was fine and the room was clean and they are suites. Some major issues. First of all the walls provide zero obstruction to sound. I could clearly hear the TV in the next room and the conversations of the inhabitants in the next room. They were not shouting or even speaking particularly loudly...but I could clearly hear everything. People walking through the hall were also noisy. I have never stayed in a Marriott property that was this bad from a noise perspective. Maybe all Springhill suites are like this...I don't know. I can tell you the Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Residence Inn and Townplace Suites were not as noisy and distracting. Finally, a walk-in closet is awesome...but no light inside of it? I had to bring my phone into the closet to serve as a flashlight so I could see to hang up my clothes. Will not stay in a SpringHill Suites again...if I have any choice.

Room Tip: Top floor means you don't have to hear every single foot fall of the people above you...in addit...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jordan H, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Douglas G.,

First off, I would like to thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest and giving us the chance to serve you during this difficult time for your family. We pride ourselves on providing clean and spacious suites with a warm and friendly atmosphere for all of our guests.

I am sorry to hear that the area you were in was noisier than you would have liked. It is not often that we have noise complaints from the area your room was in, but since we were sold out that weekend, it is possible that there was more noise going on all over the hotel than usual. I can assure you that our rooms are usually much quieter than you experienced during your stay.

I was also sorry to hear that you had difficulty seeing while in our closets. In order to be more energy efficient and Earth friendly, we usually rely on the ambient lighting from other light sources in the room to help guests find the items they need from the closet. For most guests, this arrangement meets their needs without additional assistance being necessary.

It is my sincere hope that you will allow us another opportunity to show you just how comfortable a stay at Springhill Suites can be. If your travels bring you back through the Ardmore area, we hope that we can be your hotel of choice.
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our property was removed from our room during the stay by the 'cleaning' staff. They told us they thought we left, but items in drawers were not removed, our keys still worked, and the wet bathmat was left on the bathroom floor.
The refrigerator did not work.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J0LJ0
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
What can I say? We definately dropped the ball in your particular situation. After doing some investigating, and digging a little deeper, it seems because all your belongings had been placed in the closet, the room did look as if it had been vacated, and the closet was items left behind. This was an honest mistake, based on similar situations we run into almost daily, and so my cleaning team did indeed bag your items and removed them from the room. Unfortunately, they were also in a hurry to finish, and made some rookie mistakes such as not checking the drawers for other items, not checking the bathroom for final touches, and then not having a manager inspect the room before declaring it ready for new occupancy. Folks, we failed miserably in following our cleaning standards, and unfortunately, you and your family paid the price for it. Please believe me when I tell you that this is not the norm with our hotel. Our recent guest service and cleanlieness scores will prove that we have a great track record. I want to apologize again for failing you during your stay with us. As promised, we have refunded and deposited enough points to cover two nights at most of our Marriott select service hotels such as Springhill Suites in the future. I hope that you will continue to choose Marriott as your home away from home when traveling.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Bottom line up front. I showed up late one night after being assured rooms were available and was turned away because no rooms were, in fact, available. I was pretty upset. After seeing how responsive Richard Logan, the General Manager, was on TripAdvisor when responding to other reviews, I emailed him directly before leaving this review to explain my frustration with the situation.

He is incredibly responsive and attentive, and anybody who complains about issues they have had with this hotel without first reaching out to Richard are missing out. I did not stay, and cannot speak for the experience from that perspective, but I know without a doubt that I will stay there in the future. If for no other reason than because I know Richard will handle any issues that might arise.

I would encourage potential visitors to consider the negative reviews when they read this, and think about what a fantastic General Manager could have done had he been alerted to the various issues.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FlyHerAway_com
Thank you so much for the kind words and comments. I want to thank you for your patience as well, while I worked to resolve the situation for you. We're not always perfect, but if given the opportunity, we can usually turn a negative experience into a positive resolution. If I can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Palmetto, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel appears great on arrival. We unpacked our luggage and after going to dinner returned for the night. When we turned down the bedding. We discovered live bed bugs in both beds. On one bed the top cover looked stained and laundered. I cannot describe the stain in detail. The night desk clerk was alone and transferred us to another room. We were not pleased.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Phil G
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Phil G,
I wanted to take a moment to respond to your recent experience at my hotel. First, I apologize that we let you down, and did not meet your expectations. I do however feel that your assesment is a bit harsh. I examined the "bug" that you brought down for the desk agent to examine. I'm not even certain it was a bug, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that it definately was not bed bugs. Less than a month ago, every mattress and box spring in the hotel was replaced with a new set. So the mattresses in your room are not only brand new, but also encased in bed bug resistant, moisture resistant protector. Outdoor pests will sometimes sneak in through the HVAC unit in the rooms, and even though we work to manage this, sometimes a bug will get by. As for the stained linen, I and my housekeeping manager found nothing more than a small rust colored stain, but I assure you all linen is washed and sanitized before being placed on a fresh bed. Again, I apologize that your experience was not problem free, and for this I have refunded the points you used for your stay. I know that we are better than this, and should your travels bring you back through Ardmore, I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you a better experience. Again, I thank you and wish you safe travels.
Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I really like this property. The rooms are clean, quiet, comfortable, and spacious. Despite being close to I-35 I heard no traffic noise. Check-in was a breeze with helpful and knowledgeable staff. Beds are comfortable and the sheets are without stains. Breakfast was good and included a variety of hot and cold items. There is a week night social hour from 5:30-7:00. Fitness center is adequate with cardio and free weight equipment. Would recommend this property and would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo