“great once”

Ranked #1 of 1 Ardmore B&B and Inns
Dallas, TX
“great once”
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Been there two times. First time we were just amazed with it. Second time around wear and tear begins to show, their lovely Samuel passed away and really, there is nothing to do around. The owners just make (expensive) dinner on the weekend and there is no vegetarian option for dinner.
Overall it's a great weekend getaway spot, especially if you're at dating stage or long-distance relationship. The rooms are FANTASTIC! If you were there before or have been married for 10 years, you might not enjoy it. Better use that cache for a massage.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tochechki
lindahoco, Owner at Shiloh Morning Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2009
We are always concerned when a guest does not have a "five star" visit at Shiloh Morning Inn, but it is a mystery why this guest chose to wait 20 months before writing this review.

A three course dinner with wine at Shiloh Morning Inn is $25.00 per person--hardly what anyone could call expensive with entrees such as Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce or Oven Roasted Quail. And we have prepared many vegetarian dinners for those guests who request it.

As far as nothing to do in the area, one needs only to take a peek at our literature table in the library to find many places to visit, including a national park, lakes, museums, art galleries, live theater performances, several golf courses, fishing, hiking, and boutique shopping and antiquing, just to name a few.

Rooms are constantly being updated with new linens, window coverings, and furniture.

It is true that this resort is a great place for those in new relationships, however, the unusually high percentage of repeat guests proves that those in long term ones still enjoy all the vast array of amenities and consider a stay here an excellent value.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Atoka
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We stayed in the Butterfly Suite at Shiloh the evenings of July 11 and 12. What a wonderful surprise to find this place of peace and rest within a 2 hr. drive of DFW.
The main inn is beautiful with tasteful decorations throughout. The cottages look great but we didn't get to see the interiors as they were all occupied. Bob, the owner, did give us a peek into an unoccupied room on Sunday evening and it was decorated as beautifully as our Suite. All common areas were immaculate, comfortable and lovely.
We really enjoyed the selection of movies in the library. By the way the art work hung throughout is great. We are so pleased to find a weekend getaway that is such a good value. We can stay there for less than many of the hotels in Dallas/Ft. Worth and have the advantages of a secluded, peaceful area with walking trails, quiet, top of the line service and fabulous breakfasts. We are so excited to have found this special place and plan to make it our regular getaway.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HGBDFW_Tx
Amarillo, TX
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Looking for a nice secluded spot for my Mom and me to get away and spend some quality time together uninterrupted by the world, I chose The Shiloh Inn in Ardmore, OK because it was the nearest (at 6 hours away) Select Registry Inn I'd yet to visit.

Once there and settled in, we took advantage of the quiet and solitude and loved watching the humming birds from the dining room windows at breakfast time. We were served a fabulous meal both mornings but otherwise were left to ourselves to come and go as we pleased. Our suite had a nice, roomy bathroom. And, despite the high summer temperatures, we found the hot tub a nice touch in the evening.

One major plus for this Inn, their king-sized bed in the lower back corner bedroom made for the best sleep I've had in months. My mom agreed. Each night we both slept like babies.

Still, while I was generally pleased with the location we chose for our Mother-Daughter time together, a nice hideaway off the beaten path, I have to say I was a bit disappointed at the interior decorating of the Inn itself. The carpet, drapes and wallpaper felt very dated and left over from the "Country Style" of the 80s, with a lot of silk flower arrangements scattered throughout. Though I'm accustomed to seeing this decor in standard B&Bs, I was admittedly surprised to find it in a Select Registry Inn where our total room rate ran over $200 per night. In short, I thought the priced exceeded the overall quality.

(Side note regarding rate: In addition, most B&Bs offer some type of compensation for mid-week bookings, or second night stays, both requirements of which we met. Shiloh Inn offered no discount, but the same flat rates regardless.)

Would I recommend this Inn? Yes, by all means if you intend to be in the area anyway and aren't opposed to paying a little more than the usual for a B&B. But if you're going out of your way to get there as we did, you might consider searching for less expensive possibilities that could be just as nice.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank morrowsmailbox
Chesterton, IN
Reviewed 17 November 2008

Excellent does not even come close to the experience we had. The owners, Bob and Linda, have put together an amazing place. The rooms were very comfortable, The food is great. I would recommend dinner there.

Linda and Bob are truly enjoyable people to talk to and have done it right. We wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else in the area. I can't imagine how you can improve on the Shiloh.

Dave and Karen

Mansfield, Tx
Reviewed 8 November 2008

My husband and I had a wonderful, peaceful stay at Shiloh Morning Inn from Oct 30 to November 2. The owners, Bob & Linda were gracious and met our every request. They have thought of and provide every aminity to make your stay outstanding. We had 3 great autumn days and particularly enjoyed sitting and reading on the front porch and on our private balcony. The breakfasts were unbelievably good. We had dinner on two evenings and the food was excellent. We took our dinners on to the balcony and enjoyed the beautiful view as we dined. We even spotted several deer on the grounds. The facility and grounds are extremely clean and manicured. Walking trails give you a chance to see the local nature and relax on a hammock hidden in the woods. This is a perfect get-a-way from hectic city life. You don't even need to leave the grounds if you plan ahead and order dinner. (The breakfast is so great that you can skip lunch) We plan to return often as this is the best B&B that we have ever visited and Bob & Linda make you feel as if you were special royalty.

• Liked — Peace, quiet, beauty, food
  • Disliked — Tried but can't find anything wrong
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank funtxtravel
Chestertown, Maryland
Reviewed 8 November 2008

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Shiloh Morning Inn in October. The place had been recommended by friends of ours who for years insisted we should stay there. Boy, were they right. It was the perfect place for a much needed romantic getaway without children!! The place is immaculate, the little details are amazing, the food is wonderful and Linda and Bob are the most gracious hosts. We absolutely loved the remote location and serene surroundings.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Danielle H
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 August 2007

The Shiloh Morning Inn has its pros and cons. My boyfriend and I stayed in one of their private cottages for $299 for 1 night. The cottage itself was lovely - lots of comforts of home. It was two stories, had a full kitchen and living room, sun room with hot tub (which we never used), and the upstairs had the bedroom, huge glass enclosed shower, and probably the largest jacuzzi bathtub I have ever seen! It was very deep too. There was a lot of attention to detail in the cottage's decorations, which was a nice touch.

One of the cons was the inn's location. If you really want to get away from it all, it's a good choice. It is about 20 minutes off of the highway. To get there, you drive along deserted roads with barely any streetlights, if any at all! The inn itself is on a dirt road. Very country-ish, farm like setting with nothing around it. To me, it felt uncomfortably deserted.

It wasn't convenient for us, because we arrived at about 7pm. They do not serve dinner at the inn, and the closest restaurant was over 20 minutes away! So we had to backtrack the way we had come in to go out to dinner.

The cottage itself, while beautiful, had a few bugs in it. I saw a few spiders on the lower level. I then noticed the doorway to the cottage had a 1/2" crack at the bottom, so it didn't surprise me at all that bugs had come in.

The bedroom was very luxurious and the bed was comfortable to sleep on.

Overall, I am satisfied with my stay at the inn, I just wish it had been closer to town and not so far out there!

• Liked — Beautiful bedroom and bathroom
  • Disliked — Location was terrible.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple