“Scabies Infestation and being denied by management”
Review of Lake Murray Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ardmore
Lake Murray Resort
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I stayed here with my family in September. It would have been easy to overlook the disrepair of our cabin, and the dinginess of the campgrounds if we had not contracted scabies during our stay. I have contacted the management of the campground several times, and they continue to deny the problem. Don't stay here if you want to get scabies or who-knows-what else during your stay. Not worth the price once you factor in the medical bills you will have.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank janecol22
There are newer reviews for Lake Murray Resort

Reviewed 17 August 2009

I don't know what it is like in the lodge but the overall experience of dealing with the desk was terrible. First, when they sent the email confirmation it was wrong. They said they would fix it, and I guess they did, but then never sent a correct confirmation. Check in was supposed to be after 3. We got there about 5 and the cabin was not ready yet. The fine print says "may be as late as 6" We were supposed to have a cabin by the lake. I asked when I booked how close to the lake we would be and we were told "very close to the lake" We were a 1/4 mile from the lake. I would not call that "very close" The section of cabins that is very close was closed off with barbed wire because that is where they are going to build the new lodge. But that also meant you couldn't get to the boat ramp there. And it isn't like they were working on anything yet. Did I mention the overpowering smell of sewer gas in the lobby? PU. The cabin was about what I expected which was ok. The pool supposedly closes at 8 pm. The lady made us get out at 10 minutes til. Come on. It's summer. It stays light until almost 9. Give me a break. And did I mention check out is at 11. I guess that is so they have time to get the room ready by 3. HaHa. The only highlight was Lake Murray Water Sports. They treat people better there.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
7  Thank masterjohnson
Reviewed 28 December 2008

We just returned from week long stay at Lake Murray Resort. We stayed in a "Large Villa"; two bedroom/1 bath cabin. It was perfect for our family. We have two boys ages 9 and 10 plus a dog. We had three more adults join us for a night and was still very comfortable. The cabin had two twin beds in one bedroom and a full bed in the other. The living room had a Murphy Bed (queen). The cabin was very retro/rustric. Full of windows (the old crank style) with nice views. It had a huge rock fireplace that we kept going the entire week! It also had a full size refrig and a microwave.. Small sink and two burner (electric) stovetop. Very large round dining table with six chairs. Couch and lounge chair with ottoman. Screened-in Porch. Large TV with Cable in the living room. It also had a BBQ grill and picnic table outside. The grounds are absolutely beautiful! Loads of wildlife including a family of deer which we saw daily. There is a playground with swings, jungle gym, and a huge slide (big hit for my youngest). Lots of trails for hiking. Linens/Towels were provided. You bring your own cookware/utensils. The only negative that I can think of is that there wasn't fireplace tools (we'll remember to bring our own next time). We're already planning to go back in the spring.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
6  Thank fulghum
Reviewed 17 July 2008

We were given $175 worth of credit vouchers to use at this resort. We had been to Lake Murray once previously but didn't stay at the state park. We booked through the resort for the last weekend in June for a 4 person cabin. Our total for the 2 nights was covered with the $175 vocher.....all I can say is that I would have been highly disappointed if I would have paid $80 a night for this cabin (which is the listed price).

The futon bed in the living room was very old and out dated....not comfortable at all to sleep on. The 2 twin beds in the bedroom were fine. Our first night I woke up a 3 am to get a drink and walked into the kitchen only to discover 1000's of ants all over one wall. We didn't have any bug killer with us in the cabin, so we killed them using body spray and wet paper towels.

The next morning we realized that the toliet took over an hour to fill up with water before it would flush again. So, we used an old ice bucket we found in the cabin to fill the tank up each time so that we could actually flush the toliet.

Saying that the cabins are rustic is a compliment....I find camping in a tent more comfortable than this cabin. I contemplated getting a hotel room after the first night ant incident. Luckily, we didn't pay for the cabin because we had the vouchers, but I would have been horribly upset to waste $80 per night on this cabin.

On the good side....Lake Murray is probably the cleanest lake that I have been to in Oklahoma, and it was good that the resort allowed pets.

I think they should start renovating or totally rebuilding their cabins....even if they have to do it one at a time.....

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
6  Thank Karissa1977
Reviewed 28 February 2008

This is the perfect place! My husband and I really enjoyed our stay. We rented a rustic cabin on the lake and brought our dog who loves the water (as well as the ducks!) We love visiting the historic little downtown area of Ardmore! We enjoy antique shopping and made some great finds! We also came across this wonderful 30's dinner, Hamburger Inn, and had the best hamburgers! Afterwards we walked next door and happened upon this adorable tea room/book store, Simple Curiosities, which we truly enjoyed. Wonderful cheesecake! The people are so friendly in the town ... it really took us back and reminded us of how things really should be!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank FluffyCheeks
Reviewed 3 August 2007

My experience at Lake Murray was wonderful. I stayed in a villa on the lake that slept 4. I payed $98 a night. I think it was worth it. There was cable TV in the room. The central A/C was very cold and never gave us a problem. There was a screen porch overlooking the lake and there was a grill and picnic table outside each cabin. Overall the cabin was very clean, it neaded paint on the outside, but don't judge a book by its cover. The second i walked in the door I was shocked at how clean and nice it was.

The lodge is very nice though it needs some updating, it is extremely clean. There is a restraunt with wonderful food and very reasonable prices. There are many things to do at the lodge, there is an arcade with a pool table, a gift shop, several ping pong tables, and a great bar called "The Parlor". There is a dock, there are 2 horseshoe pits, badmitton and a frisbee golf course.

Just across from the lodge there is a nice clean pool, water sports, mini-golf, tennis courts, and a basketball court. There are many other things to do around the lake such as a wonderful 18 hole golf course, horseback riding, a great marina and a museum called Tuckers Tower.

The lake was beautiful. It was crystal clear and the fishing was good. I caught 4 channel catfish and I hear the bass fishing is good to though I did not try.

I am sure I am forgetting somthing, there is just so much to do. My boys, age 10, 12 and 15 had a wonderful time. They are used to going to the mountains or to Pensacola and still they said that this was there favorite place to come.

Overall it was great, it could have used a fresh coat of paint but that is the least of my worries. It is a great place to go for young and old, my mother, 80 had a wonderful time too! It is a great place too just forget about everything. If you are stressed and need to get away or if your kids just want to get out, this is the perfect place to come. Pets are allowed, so you really can bring the whole family!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank twiewel
Reviewed 31 July 2006

My family and another family decided to venture north to Lake Murray for an overnight stay. For those of you who haven't seen this lake, it's beautiful. Mostly clear water and plenty of beach areas. The lake does have lake grass but overall it's very nice. We decided to stay in one of the lake cabins in the state park since it's somewhat close to the water. Having read the past reviews, I was a little skeptical but after staying there, I feel I should post a review to give a current point of view.

First off - about my family. Two boys, 4 and 2. The other family. Two boys, 5 and 2. So little guys were everywhere.

Check In - By far the most frustrating part of the trip. Their policy is that it can be as late as 6 PM for you to get your cabin. We got ours at 8 PM. They obvious had a very busy weekend and were behind in cleaning the cabins (we stayed on a Sunday night). We passed the time by playing in the water. With the little guys, they didn't mind the delay because that just meant more time in the water for them. By 6 PM, we were hungry and needed a place for our planned cookout. Their policy is that they don't tell you the assigned cabin # so you don't hang out by the cabin before it's ready. We explained it was dinner time and had little kids so we needed a grill to cook. They understood and allowed us to use the grill. I should point out that each cabin has its own outside grill and table, which was nice. As far as the late check-in, they delayed our check-out by two hours so in our mind it all worked out.

The Cabin - The cabin was obviously built several decades ago but it was very clean. The kitchen had a mini frig and another small frig along with a two burner stove. The bathroom only had a shower and sink but again, everything was clean. The room had a queen size bed in the one bedroom and a futon in the living area that folded out to a queen size - pefect for the kiddos. The kitchen had a table and chairs with plenty of room to move around. If you have ever been to OK at the end of July, you know it's very hot. Two window units kept the entire cabin very comfortable. Overall, we were satisfied.

If you are looking to be pampered or overly comfortable, then this place is most likely not for you. Let's face it, staying in a cabin is a couple of steps above camping so keep that in mind. Their is a lodge in the state park with rooms for those that don't want to rough it. If you are looking for a clean cabin, give this a try. We will be returning.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family