“Don't bother”
Review of Motel 6 Ardmore

Motel 6 Ardmore
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Location was easy to find.Price was a condition for staying.Here comes the bad news.Room was suppose to been remolded but paint was peeling from door.Air condioner was barley working.One ice machine for the whole motel and it wasn't keeping up.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Checked in late in the evening and got a room on the second floor. Room was recently refinished, with vinyl flooring, new flat screen tv, and other amenities. No elevator, just stairs to the second story. Staff was friendly and helpful. Access is tricky.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for a room on ground floor, either on the southeast corner or the southwest corne...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Spent the night at a Motel 6 we had stayed at before. It has been remodeled since we were last here and is an improvement. The rooms are spartan, but clean. Nice towels. Not much space for two beds in the room, but we managed just fine. Fake wood floor was mostly clean, but kind of cloudy. Shower head was low. I'm five seven and it hit me about shoulder height. The main bad thing was that there was no way to secure the window.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This Motel 6 was economical and conveniently located as it was just off an I-35 exit. There are several restaurants nearby, some within walking distance. I always appreciate a pet-friendly hotel, and they had ample grassy areas for my dog to appreciate! Rooms were clean and they had a great brochure display for tourist attractions. I hope they eventually fix the ice machine as it was draining LOTS of water and produced very little ice. As someone who lives in a drought-prone area, I hated to see all that water LITERALLY go down the drain!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This is a newly remodeled Motel 6. I stay at the remodeled versions all the time because they are inexpensive and nice enough. I've even stayed at this motel before it was remodeled and it was OK. But I'll never stay here again.

Here are the problems I had with the room
1. The bathroom appeared clean but the lip on the bottom of the shower door was FILTHY. It would take 2 seconds to wipe it out daily. Very Gross!
2. The room appeared clean but the floor was filthy. We were traveling with a 1 year old and an 18 month old. The one year old crawled for a few minutes and his pants knees were black with dirt!
3. We could hear everything in the parking lot, the door opening and shutting next door, and worse, we could clearly hear the people above us having sex, the bed creaking, moaning... it was awful!
4. The thermostat was broken and we were unable to turn the heat off. It was extremely hot.
5. The door lock was apparently broken. We were at first unable to open it with the key. Then, it took some working with it to get it to shut and lock completely. The security lock was broken. Also, the 18 month old was able to open the door with ease, no doubt due to the broken equipment. We travel a lot and this has never happened before.

Room Tip: Go to a different motel!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Went on vacation and tried to stay here. The lady that answered the phone was amazing, very sweet and very assuring over the phone. When we got there the whole thing fell apart. When we drove into the parking lot, there were two girls fighting and screaming right by the office door where we had to park. Walking into the office we were confronted by one of the girls. Walked into office, paid for the room, got keys, walked to the room.... flys all over the room, air didn't work, smelled like sewer in the room. Called the office and told her. She said come change rooms. Changed everything to another room.... flys all over, air barely worked, tv didn't work. Called the office she told me I could come get a fly swatter, she didn't have any other rooms. I told her I would be back for my money... She made me sign a form that I couldn't even put a comment on as to why I was requesting my money back. Very VERY bad experience. Would not refer them to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Stayed here because I was traveling with my cat, Louie. The bathroom had black mold ( a lot ) in the shower, the bathroom had paint chips all over the floor as the bathroom paint was peeling off the walls, and the thermostat was useless. Carpeting was filthy. Beds were extremely uncomfortable. You could also see daylight around the entry door. I had my 4 yr old granddaughter with me, and actually feared for her health and safety. Will NEVER, NEVER stay there again !!!!

Room Tip: When you pass through Ardmore, OK, do NOT stop at Motel 6.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family