“Awesome Hotel”

Econo Lodge
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
“Awesome Hotel”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed the weekend at the Rodeway Inn and all I can say is OMG!!! My stay was so enjoyable and the rooms are newly updated and so accommodating. The front desk personnel Arlena helped us the entire time we were there. She is so professional and friendly!! I will stay there every time I visit Oklahoma!

• Stayed August 2013
Danny P, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 9 January 2015
It is such an honor to receive such a glowing review! We are so glad you enjoyed such a memorable stay with us. We hope you will come visit us again. Thank you for your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

I made reservations with the hotel on Wednesday 10/3 for 2 rooms this weekend. When our event was over it was 12:30 am we went to the hotel to check in and they had no reservation for us. They had no more rooms because there we 2 large events in town this weekend. We then drove around for and hour to find rooms because everyone was full. Never again will I try to stay there and we are in the area frequently. Very disappointed.

Stayed October 2012
I am so sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you encountered back in 2012. We hope that you will choose us again so that we will have the opportunity to provide you with an enjoyable and memorable experience.

Travellers are raving about these Ardmore hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2012

i m not going back there, first the room smell like a wet dog, also there are a lot of cockroaches, i kill three in 5 minutes that i stay. i would not recommend to my friends truck drivers to go there.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank andre l
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us back in 2012. Since then we have had some major enhancements made to better serve our guests. We hope that you will consider us again when you are next in Oklahoma so that you can experience the quality we stand behind.
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My first stay here was fine. My most recent stay has been quite disappointing. When we first arrived we found shower gel & 'pouf' left in shower by previous guest. There was a large slightly sticky stain and several rips in the carpet. The soap holders in the shower need to be replaced as they are split and peeling. Other rooms are in much better shape (like the one we stayed in on our previous stay) but room 137 is in need of repair. Nevertheless, the worst part of the stay was being kicked out of the hot tub at 10:08 when the guest info binder clearly says it is open until 11:00pm. The book needs to be updated if the pool area closes at ten, but I suspect closing the pool area early may have helped this employee leave a Saturday night shift earlier...who knows. If you choose this motel, don't settle for a crap room and clarify pool times if you plan to use this amenity. I will say, they have free wifi which was nice and the free breakfast was better than most.

• Stayed August 2012
Leaann_gm, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Unfortunatley, the hotel does not have an outdoor hottub. Located outside in the fenced area are the large swimming pool and a kiddie pool is located on the same patio but inside of another fenced area. The pool hours are 10:00am to 10:00pm and is clearly marked on the pool rules sign on the gate as you enter. The guest directories had been updated to include the pool hours as it was at one time 11:00pm. The hotel is currently renovating the guest rooms and those that have been completed and currently on market are very nice rooms. When a guest stays in one of the new rooms during one visit and is issued a room that hasnt yet been renovated on the next visit is disappointing! The staff here at Rodeway is very proud of the new renovated rooms but getting all guests a new room is difficult until the remainder of the rooms are completed. We extend our apologies to our guest for their disappointment. Our goal is to provide the best service possible as we want our guest to be repeat guest, we want them to visit us again. And we will properly accommodate a dis-satisfied guest if we are aware of it. Problem with the room? We are happy to find another room that is acceptable. Anytime there is ever issues with a room or even items left behind from a previous guest should always be reported immediatley to the front desk so that we have the opportunity to make it right while you are here.
Ft Worth
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I drive a truck and use the CLC (Corporate Lodging Card). This was one of the motels listed in the area so I decided to give it a try. I wasnt expecting much but was pleasantly surprised.

The lobby and common area was so-so. Kind of old looking. Once I got to my room (234) it was large, very clean and very comfortable. Free HOT breakfast in the mornings.

Very good restaurant 2 doors down called Two Fogs Grill.

If you are in a truck or large vehicle I suggest that you walk the parking lot before attempting to go towards the back as you may not make it back out. I parked on the side of the street in front of the property.

This will be my preferred stop when in this area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Chuck,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while passing through in 2012. We are glad you enjoyed your stay including the hot breakfast. We would be honored to serve you again on your next visit through the area. We hope to see you soon!
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My husband, daughter, and I stayed here this weekend for my birthday, and let me tell you, it's horrible. Yes, the staff was very nice and accomodating. The rooms were diisgusting and outdated. We were in a non-smoking room and all you could smell was cigarette smoke. When I took my clothes out of my back once back home to wash, they wreaked of cigerette smoke. The continental breakfast is a joke, and very limited, bacon, eggs, toast, coffee, that's it. There was wrappers from past guests under the bed, the box springs were terribly stained, the bathrooms were groww and not enough towels. The best part was the free popcorn!!! To the person who wrote a five star review on ths hotel, you are probably an employee!!! Future guests, save your money and go elsewhere!!!!=)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Erika111499
Leaann_gm, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
The Rodeway Inn in Ardmore Ok has a fantastic breakfast. Where we are only required to serve coffee only or coffee and a sweet roll we prefered to serve more, all included in our breakfast are: scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits, gravy, fresh batter-self-serve waffles, fruit in the line of bananas and apples in combination, 3 types of cereals, raisin bran, frosted flakes and cherrios., toast to include all toppings of butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and jellies., we also serve 2 flavors of yogurts, large sweet cinnamon rolls, bagels and cream cheese, 100% orange juice, apple juice, and 100% Columbian coffee all for our traveling guests. Our hotel is currently under room renovations. Each room has been taken down to the cynder blocks, complete with new walls, carpet, pillow top mattresses, beautiful marble vanities, etc., and the most lovely tile work for the entry way and bathroom floors. Rodeway Inn staff has been so excited about the new rooms coming together and we have so many happy guest in return, and thats what our job is all about. We work hard to bring the hotel together and create satisfaction for our guests.
Houston
Reviewed 3 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our way home from our recent vacation. We used the last of our hotel reward points, and am certainly glad that we did not pay "real money" to stay here. The most positive thing I can say about the hotel is that the staff was very polite, enthusiastic, and accomodating. I would recommend any of them for a job at a nicer hotel! We arrived late on a very rainy night. Our reservation was confirmed, and check-in was a breeze. This is a very "industrial" hotel where a lot of truck drivers and construction workers stay. The hotel is being remodeled (not a problem for us----it is in EXTREME need of remodeling); there are interior halls, but NO elevators. The bathroom was extra small, and the electrical outlets in the main room were inadequate. We had to unplug the alarm clock and stretch the electrical cord from one of the bedside lamps to the outlet in order to turn it on; there were not outlets on either side of the bed. The television was unplugged when we arrived, and my husband had to do calesthenics in order to get it plugged in. There was one of those multiple plug adapters used to accomodate the mini fridge and desk lamp; it really looked tacky! The bed was comfortable, and the room was sufficiently clean. Breakfast was sufficient, but overall, this was a "sleeping room only" stop!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple