“Tim at desk was outstanding. Very clean room.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Atoka
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Tim at the front desk was obviously remarkable ( hence the remarks.) We got in a bit late, and he took fantastic care of us. I come through here a lot on business, but normally stay around Sherman / Denison when late. He was just incredibly outgoing, and the room was nice, the TV a wall-hung plasma, and the beds VERY comfortable. I am much more likely to stay here next time we are late passing through. I see where they would allow accomodation for my little dachshund buddy as well when he comes with.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mike E

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stopped here without a reservation while travelling through to Texas. We were greeted pleasantly at check in. Got a room on the second floor with no problem. the room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Booked here by corporate travel. Easy access, it's on the "main drag" (as all other big chains). Helpful staff suggested nearby restaurants ( 2 out of 3 were good). Nice, typical room. Railroad parallels the "main drag", and runs at all hours behind the hotel. Intensity of airhorns depend on which direction they are heading and whether your room is facing the oncoming train, or away from it. Wasn't too bad tho. From the location of other chain hotels, they'd experience the same. Comfy lobby and breakfast nook. Early breakfast was a plus when we had to be on the jobsite early. Good selection of hot or cold foods; eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, pastries, fruit, yogurt. Gas station and a small store with a small casino "room" right next door. Plenty of HOT water, but pressure wasn't great. Comfortable stay overall.

Room Tip: You WILL hear airhorns from the nearby railroad. No escaping it here or other chain hotels on the st...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BobsBeenThereToo
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We never actually stayed at his hotel - we came to Atoka for at least a 6 month stay and naturally looked for a reasonable rate at several hotels. We found a room with kitchen which would have suited us, and were referred to the manager Maria for a rate. Maria never made it to the hotel and all our communications were by cell phone or by leaving a message. We finally got a rate of $75 per night from her, and tried to get back to her with an offer of $70 - for 6 months that is a tidy sum (at least $12,000.00). However Maria never did respond despite our calling back again and leaving messages. We feel that Maria needs to attend more to business and perhaps less of what she seemed to be so preoccupied with. in short, she needs a wake-up call. This business just lost at least $12,000.00 because of maria. I wonder how her employer feels about this?
Bill

Room Tip: Perhaps negotiate with someone other than Maria
Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank petriekw
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I stayed here for one week it was not too great. The atmosphere was subpar. the food for breakfast was anything, but good. I bought my food from Walmart and had it every morning. Also it is not near too many places to eat all and all elk city is a better way to go. Lastly, the internet is super slow

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank emmanuel m
Reviewed 10 December 2012

My stay was from Sept 15, 2012 to December 7, 2012. The staff I do not believe could be any better. They were great to me. The breakfast is the same every morning, needs some change up at times. As far as my stay I moved rooms 3 times while I was there. Not because they were full because I never seen that happen but because of lack of maintains to the building. Leaking ceilings when it rains. TV's not working, a lot of Bugs at times, and staff upset all the them time.
The manager Maria is never around and when a message sent to her about upgrading me to a Kitchenette because of my long stay she said "No Way is was not happening" Even after my 3 move to a different room. Maria is not a the person that should be manager at this place. She is not good for the company at all. Very hateful attitude and always keep the staff up in arms. Not fair to the staff or people that stay there.

Room Tip: Make sure you take bug spray. The rooms on the back part of the motel are noisey because of train tr...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Debbie W
Reviewed 20 October 2012

A beautifully renovated hotel, clean, friendly and great breakfast. Rooms are small but clean and comfortable, very nice bathroom and good bed. Lobby was nice with fireplace (gas). We were
a bit leery about being so close to another business, but no problem.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple