“They are definitely pet friendly...”

Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Upon checking into my hotel room at the Comfort Suites of Albany it was very late and when I arrived at my room, my first thought was that the room stunk of dogs extremnely bad. It worsened when I turned on the air conditioning and heating unit. Also, there was 3 of us staying in the room, all needing our own beds. The sofa pullout bed came with no linens or bedding of any sort. While at the desk requesting bedding for the pullout, we decided to visit the vending machine for a late night snack. Various items in their machine would not vend and the machine was also not accepting change. Also, I held 4 keys for my 2 night stay because all keys would work on only certain doors (such as one working for outside doors, but working for the room entrance and vice versa). The stay was not terrible, but I didn't expect any of these issues with a Gold Award winning hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Stephanie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor. While I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations, I really appreciate your honesty and will be looking into the issues that you mentioned. We typically recieve praise for the cleanliness of our rooms (smell, etc.) despite being a pet friendly hotel. Clearly we dropped the ball with your room and I certainly hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future so that we can provide you with a superior experience. Thanks again and we sincerely appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was by far the best hotel stay that I have ever had. The room was clean and comfortable. And the hotel is staffed by wonderful people who are willing to drop what they are doing just to help you.
I drove down from Portland to attend the Country Music Festival in Brownsville. After driving all day and attending the music festival I ended up coming back to the hotel completely sun burnt. After trying everything I could to soothe my sun burn, I finally gave in and went down to the lobby to see if they had some Aloe, or knew of a store that was still open (after 11pm) where I could get some. That's when I met Steven. Even though it was after his shift, he called a couple stores to see if they were open! He went above and beyond just to help me.
I look forward to staying here again and I would definitely recommend staying here to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Stephanie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor! We are so happy that we could accomodate you and help you get through that sunburn, ouch! Guest feedback is so important to us so that we can continue to make guests happy and so we are also to see the areas needing improvements. We hope you see you again on your next trip through Albany!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Rooms are unfailingly clean, pool is outstanding and front desk folks efficient. Surprisingly quiet in spite of proximity to highway. The restaurant adjacent is pleasant and there are others just a short distance. Microwave and refrigerators are convenient. We've stayed here many times and will again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for mentioning Teresa in your review! You've made her whole day :). We want to thank you for your loyalty and for letting other guests know about your experience. Providing excellent service to our guests is our number one priority. Thank you and come again!

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

A great place to stay. Clean. Comfortable.
we have a small dog, NO extra charge.
Direct TV on nice big flat screen.
Pleasant people at the front desk.
Though we did not use, they have a beautiful indoor pool and gym area.
We are putting this hotel on our list of YES we will stay here again when traveling through Albany.

• Stayed: August 2013
Stephanie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

We are so happy that we were able to make your YES list! We sure work hard to be able to provide the best services possible and it's great to hear when the work pays off. Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

The hotel was very nice. We checked in around 5:00 p.m. and they had cookies and salsa/chips for snacks, plus juice and coffee was available. The room had a microwave and refrigerator which comes in handy. We arrived by Amtrak, so the only food option was the Cascade Grill and Lounge across the parking lot (which had very good food). My only complaint was the pool was a little too cool for me and the hot tub was a little too hot. Other than these two things, the stay was very pleasant. The continental breakfast was pretty much what you get at other hotels that offer a free breakfast.

Room Tip: I don't think one room would be much better than any others. We chose the 3rd floor which was f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us here at the Comfort Suites! We always appreciate feedback of any kind. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy many of the amenities that we offer. I will make sure to have maintenance check the temperatures in the pool and spa to make them more comfortable for guests. I apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks again for your review and hopefully we'll get to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We've stayed at this hotel numerous times in recent years during our annual trips up this way. We found it by a happy accident when the hotel we used to stay at in Albany had some issues and we decided to check it out... BOY are we glad we did! We went from die hard La Quinta fans to almost exclusive Comfort Suites customers.

The Albany location is very clean, staffed by extremely helpful and friendly staff who are always willing to do whatever it takes to accommodate you, and the rooms don't look worn out. They also offer much more in the way of breakfast than most hotels, including scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, and gravy every morning. What a nice treat!

For dinner options, the Cascade Grill just outside the hotel is EXCELLENT! I had a great filet mignon there.

A couple of examples of their hospitality this trip:
#1 We had originally planned to stay just a couple days and then wander around the area at other hotels for the rest of the week, but once we got comfortable we decided we wanted to stay... so at the last minute, we asked if we could extend our stay for three extra nights. They did whatever they could to help make that happen.

#2 Every morning my husband went down for breakfast and coffee and had a nice chat with the lady serving breakfast. They laughed and watched Let's Make a Deal together a few mornings :)

We look forward to many more stays at this great location!

Room Tip: We always request top floor, not next to the elevator wherever we stay! Seems to get us the quietest...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Wow! What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to write this and being so detailed! We are always happy to have you and are so glad that we can make your travel experience the best possible. If there is ever anything we can do to improve your experience, don't hesitate to ask and we'll do our best to make you happy! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We called at 10.00pm and they were very friendly to us. We arrived at 0.30 am and found a clean room. The beds were comfy and the whole experience was graet. Save parking and good breakfast.
I would go back every time again. We left right after breakfast, so I can't say anything about tha amenities, but if they are in the same standard...
no complains
Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

We are so happy that we were able to help provide you with an amazing stay. Thank you for taking the time to share so others can read about your experience. We'd love to host you again sometime and you can try our full hot breakfast buffet and get the full value of our hotel. Thanks again!