“Sticky Finger Maid”

Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Everything was actually great about this hotel except the maid who stole my iPod from my room. I called the front desk to let them know and they said they had no reports about it but would call me back in the morning. Never heard a word from them. If it wasn't for worrying if my things will be stolen I would stay here again but definitely not right now when they haven't done anything to help.

2  Thank Aimeesuzy88
Stephanie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

I am sorry that you are upset about your lost ipod and that it negatively effected your review of our hotel so much. I do appreciate good and bad feedback and I am glad to hear that besides the lost ipod that your stay was great and that you would stay here again.

My staff regularly recovers high ticket items left in rooms by guests on a daily basis and I am confident that nothing was stolen by my staff. All the housekeeping staff have been here for a long time and have never been accused of stealing. I can assure future guests that they need not worry about any thefts. We did try locating your ipod but were unable to find it. I do hope you find it and we will contact you if it turns up.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo

Reviewed 23 August 2013

As long stay customers of several summers, we again recommend the Comfort Suites to everyone. Still pet friendly, clean and inviting pool, very friendly desk staff. Joyce at the front desk welcomed us as old friends, and as usual Teresa did a great job with the breakfast and went out of her way to make us feel like VIPs. We are always happy to visit here and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a pet ask for first floor toward the ends, easier for any late trips outside.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Stephanie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

It is always a pleasure hosting your family! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for us -- we so appreciate it. We value your loyalty so much and sincerely look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Upon checking into my hotel room at the Comfort Suites of Albany it was very late and when I arrived at my room, my first thought was that the room stunk of dogs extremnely bad. It worsened when I turned on the air conditioning and heating unit. Also, there was 3 of us staying in the room, all needing our own beds. The sofa pullout bed came with no linens or bedding of any sort. While at the desk requesting bedding for the pullout, we decided to visit the vending machine for a late night snack. Various items in their machine would not vend and the machine was also not accepting change. Also, I held 4 keys for my 2 night stay because all keys would work on only certain doors (such as one working for outside doors, but working for the room entrance and vice versa). The stay was not terrible, but I didn't expect any of these issues with a Gold Award winning hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Stephanie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor. While I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations, I really appreciate your honesty and will be looking into the issues that you mentioned. We typically recieve praise for the cleanliness of our rooms (smell, etc.) despite being a pet friendly hotel. Clearly we dropped the ball with your room and I certainly hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future so that we can provide you with a superior experience. Thanks again and we sincerely appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was by far the best hotel stay that I have ever had. The room was clean and comfortable. And the hotel is staffed by wonderful people who are willing to drop what they are doing just to help you.
I drove down from Portland to attend the Country Music Festival in Brownsville. After driving all day and attending the music festival I ended up coming back to the hotel completely sun burnt. After trying everything I could to soothe my sun burn, I finally gave in and went down to the lobby to see if they had some Aloe, or knew of a store that was still open (after 11pm) where I could get some. That's when I met Steven. Even though it was after his shift, he called a couple stores to see if they were open! He went above and beyond just to help me.
I look forward to staying here again and I would definitely recommend staying here to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Stephanie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor! We are so happy that we could accomodate you and help you get through that sunburn, ouch! Guest feedback is so important to us so that we can continue to make guests happy and so we are also to see the areas needing improvements. We hope you see you again on your next trip through Albany!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Rooms are unfailingly clean, pool is outstanding and front desk folks efficient. Surprisingly quiet in spite of proximity to highway. The restaurant adjacent is pleasant and there are others just a short distance. Microwave and refrigerators are convenient. We've stayed here many times and will again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for mentioning Teresa in your review! You've made her whole day :). We want to thank you for your loyalty and for letting other guests know about your experience. Providing excellent service to our guests is our number one priority. Thank you and come again!

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

A great place to stay. Clean. Comfortable.
we have a small dog, NO extra charge.
Direct TV on nice big flat screen.
Pleasant people at the front desk.
Though we did not use, they have a beautiful indoor pool and gym area.
We are putting this hotel on our list of YES we will stay here again when traveling through Albany.

• Stayed: August 2013
Stephanie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

We are so happy that we were able to make your YES list! We sure work hard to be able to provide the best services possible and it's great to hear when the work pays off. Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

The hotel was very nice. We checked in around 5:00 p.m. and they had cookies and salsa/chips for snacks, plus juice and coffee was available. The room had a microwave and refrigerator which comes in handy. We arrived by Amtrak, so the only food option was the Cascade Grill and Lounge across the parking lot (which had very good food). My only complaint was the pool was a little too cool for me and the hot tub was a little too hot. Other than these two things, the stay was very pleasant. The continental breakfast was pretty much what you get at other hotels that offer a free breakfast.

Room Tip: I don't think one room would be much better than any others. We chose the 3rd floor which was f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us here at the Comfort Suites! We always appreciate feedback of any kind. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy many of the amenities that we offer. I will make sure to have maintenance check the temperatures in the pool and spa to make them more comfortable for guests. I apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks again for your review and hopefully we'll get to serve you again in the future!